CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Acockolypse Now
sporkgod50
StormOfTalons
COCKYTALKIN
b381l
thekob
spareparts
Rooster'srule
davisd9
An Aggies View of th (1532)
Elcid99 (1466)
Tennessee (1060)
Erin Murray's brothe (667)
Question on Student (621)
Clowney in Practice (530)
Bad movies that are (450)
Camp scheduled relea (420)
John Abraham DUI (388)
PSU drops a prospect (310)
Elcid99
PSU drops a prospect beca
Mizzou WR suspended for s
Green and Lammons
John Abraham DUI
Best Offensive "Trip
2015 - Zack Bailey
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Travelle Warton retires
Tennessee

Old 01-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudly
Default Time is now for Smoak to break through .

From the Mariner's site .

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/news...s_sea&c_id=sea
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Time is now for Smoak to break through .

justin has a great swing and timing when he gets it together. the guy has been so streaker and just needs to be consistent.

hopefully he can hit in the 270 range and pop about 38 hrs.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Whew some of those comments on there are pretty harsh...but true. Smoak needs to step it up this year and prove he's a big-leaguer. Sounds like he's been working hard in the off season though. Hope it all pays off.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
odie
Walk On

Male

odie has feathers coming inodie has feathers coming inodie has feathers coming in

I have been living here in the Seattle area for the last 6 years and to my displeasure I have been watching a team with so much talent not succeed in the AL West, this team is very young and they are going to go out on a limb this year and trade the farm to start winning, so by looking at what is transpiring this year for Justin, I see him most likely being the odd man out, Unless Morales or Morse do not start off strong, Morales was sent over here for one reason and that was his bat, so with this said and as much as it hurts to see the only Gamecock on this team not get much playing time, I do see him being traded early in the year for most likely a starting pitcher or a closer. I would love for him to get more time in the field but he may be working on a new team here in the future....so hopefully he will have a terrific spring and get the nod to start at first, but as i see it he had plenty of time to show what he had, and it juts never transpired, Go Gamecocks....
odie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by odie View Post
I have been living here in the Seattle area for the last 6 years and to my displeasure I have been watching a team with so much talent not succeed in the AL West, this team is very young and they are going to go out on a limb this year and trade the farm to start winning, so by looking at what is transpiring this year for Justin, I see him most likely being the odd man out, Unless Morales or Morse do not start off strong, Morales was sent over here for one reason and that was his bat, so with this said and as much as it hurts to see the only Gamecock on this team not get much playing time, I do see him being traded early in the year for most likely a starting pitcher or a closer. I would love for him to get more time in the field but he may be working on a new team here in the future....so hopefully he will have a terrific spring and get the nod to start at first, but as i see it he had plenty of time to show what he had, and it juts never transpired, Go Gamecocks....

I've had M's season tix for the last three years and I think we've watched different teams. I like where the team is headed but for the past several years the team has had pitching and unrealized potential in the lineup (much to my displeasure smoak included). In fact felix won the cy young with a losing record because everyone in the league recognizes the woefulness of the mariners. They are young and I like the direction they are headed, but if some of their potential isn't realized soon they'll be spending another season setting records.
sporkgod50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

I was at Safeco for King Felix's perfect game ...the only down side was Smoak being horrendous
Old 01-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
odie
Walk On

Male

odie has feathers coming inodie has feathers coming inodie has feathers coming in

oh i did not say i did not like the team, I think if anything they are getting better, I also think by putting the burden on the youngsters instead of on the older vets make them that more dangerous, I think they will be allot better this year, and also I like Mike Zunino who should or could be up to the MLB level in a year or two, he is starting to grasp the mlb standards, and I have no problem bringing him up sooner than later, but King Ffelix is the man, and I would love to see the M's score some runs for him this year... Go M's
odie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

JS just needs to be traded to Atlanta. That would make me happy.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #9
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
JS just needs to be traded to Atlanta. That would make me happy.
Unless it was for a pb and J or he improved tremendously, I would not like seeing him take Freddie's place at first.
sporkgod50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #10
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

He's a slugger but he needs to get that BA up
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote