CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Acockolypse Now
Spurticus
gamecockgal
spareparts
Gamecocks1137
B-G
MEL
Regalcock
auslander
Ace suspended 4 game (1879)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (1592)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (1384)
watching the Alabama (458)
Jake Coker (344)
Da'Quan Bowers had a (340)
A good friend of min (327)
ESPN Insider (250)
Dan Patrick Show - P (199)
Phil Steele's Colleg (158)
Texags
Sidney Rice Retiring From
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Christian Pellage
Places to eat in Conway?
Let's talk Italian
Ace suspended 4 games
Official SEC Network and
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
Georgia DE Jonathan Taylo

Old 01-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 12700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material
Default Beats by Dre wireless

A kid broke my sons new beats at school and I called them they do not have a repair shop or anything for them , anyone know where I can get a pair that doesn't work to fix the plastic band around the top
The kids father is like so what !!!! $300 dollars down the drain so a ****head kid can grab and break them !!!!!

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Beats by Dre wireless

Small claims court.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

eBay
Old 01-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Does a kid need $300 headphones at school? Leave them at home, and pay attention in class. If headphones are required, take a cheap pair to school, lest they be lost or damaged.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Maybe you'll think twice next time about giving your kid a $300 set of headphones, much less letting him take them to school?

What did you think would happen?
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

umm... maybe hes like me and uses them during weightlifting. just because he took them to school doesnt mean its his fault SOMEONE ELSE broke them.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACXIMVS View Post
A kid broke my sons new beats at school and I called them they do not have a repair shop or anything for them , anyone know where I can get a pair that doesn't work to fix the plastic band around the top
The kids father is like so what !!!! $300 dollars down the drain so a ****head kid can grab and break them !!!!!

If it's just the plastic band around the top...duct tape the bad boy back together. It shouldn't affect the 'sound quality' that people claim they must have from their headphones (and why they try to justify spending $300 on headphones anyway). If your son refuses to wear them with duct tape, he doesn't care about what they sound like and just wants a $300 fashion accessory anyway.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
umm... maybe hes like me and uses them during weightlifting. just because he took them to school doesnt mean its his fault SOMEONE ELSE broke them.

How much more weight do these headphones allow you to pick up, compared to any other pair of headphones?
Old 01-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
So you use these to work out...

I bet that looks cool...
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #10
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
Does a kid need $300 headphones at school? Leave them at home, and pay attention in class. If headphones are required, take a cheap pair to school, lest they be lost or damaged.
4.5 GPA honors class and gaston day wants him to come play bb there , he can wear them all he wants

Old 01-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
If it's just the plastic band around the top...duct tape the bad boy back together. It shouldn't affect the 'sound quality' that people claim they must have from their headphones (and why they try to justify spending $300 on headphones anyway). If your son refuses to wear them with duct tape, he doesn't care about what they sound like and just wants a $300 fashion accessory anyway.
True that duct tape Iz da bomb

Old 01-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #12
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:
4.5 GPA honors class and gaston day wants him to come play bb there , he can wear them all he wants
Then he takes the risk of getting them lost, broken, or confiscated by the school district. There is no place for designer headphones in a school house. Leave the cellphones, ipads, ipods, videogames, and toys at home. School is for education.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #13
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post

I bet that looks cool...
yeah. i wore them during warmups in AAU basketball too. good sound. gets you hype. Its easier to throw up weights when you are hyped up
Old 01-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #14
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit
Thumbs up Re: Beats by Dre wireless

Quote:
You don't have to justify your actions to these people raise your kid how you want, they don't know you or your son
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #15
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
Then he takes the risk of getting them lost, broken, or confiscated by the school district. There is no place for designer headphones in a school house. Leave the cellphones, ipads, ipods, videogames, and toys at home. School is for education.
my high school wanted you to either have a laptop or ipad so that you could get on the internet and/or take notes faster than writing. and most schools are allowing students to have cell phones on them just not on.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post

I bet that looks cool...
You'd be surprised at how many people wear those while working out. Not strange at all.
treys1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #17
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

Quote:
yeah. i wore them during warmups in AAU basketball too. good sound. gets you hype. Its easier to throw up weights when you are hyped up
Funny. I got certified as a personal trainer but I don't remember ever learning that a certain pair of headphones help you lift weight.

I feel like Dr. Dre should be in better shape.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #18
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
Funny. I got certified as a personal trainer but I don't remember ever learning that a certain pair of headphones help you lift weight.

I feel like Dr. Dre should be in better shape.
Dude....why does it matter what his headphone preference is? Or if he chooses to wear headphones at all? I use the ones that came with my phone, but that doesn't mean I have a problem with people that have the Beats if they can afford them.

I just re read the thread, and he never said those headphones make you stronger. Just that he liked them.
treys1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

Quote:
True that duct tape Iz da bomb
In all seriousness - I don't agree with the need to buy your kid such expensive headphones, but that's not the topic at hand. I would honestly go to the other kids parent. Talk to him calmly again and if that doesn't work - break his kids arm.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #20
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material

Do you not have warranty?

cockyjordan3 is online now   Reply With Quote