CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurrier_Superior_On
18IsTheMan
Order 66
catdaddy66
Clowneygotcha
gadeneer1986
cockyguitar
NinjaSven
GoldenSpur7
eatlighting
Looking ahead to UGA (3091)
My Observations Abou (2755)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1996)
Gurley lined up to t (1457)
Who else wants to se (1354)
Step back from the l (1326)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (1038)
How far do we fall.. (996)
Shaq Roland (962)
Shon Carson at KR (833)
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
David Williams??
Shaq Roland
I Am Ashamed
Confused fan here. Why i
My Observations About USC
Looking ahead to UGA
Should be interesting in
Time to quit crying.
ECU

Old 01-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material
Default Who is the best blocking TE?

Now that Justice Cunningham is gone, who will fill the need for a blocking TE? Cunningham is certainly a good receiver too, but I think he may have been thought of as the blocking TE, while others such as Anderson and Adams are viwed as receiving TEs. So who will take the role vacated by Cunningham?

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit
Default Re: Who is the best blocking TE?

It has been said one of the big reasons why Busta played as a true freshman was because he is a very solid blocker
Old 01-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
unccgamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
unccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spurs

Busta is an excellent blocker as well as pass catcher. We've just been blessed recently with depth at pretty much every position so it's hard to get all these talented guys solid reps.
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
Harris7x
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 575
Harris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his comb

loaded at TE - Buster, Adams, Owens.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Busta is the best blocker of the group. I'd argue he was better than Justice.

Blocking is what kept Adams off the field.

Owens has the size to be a devastating blocker.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Owens looks like an NFL player. He's going to be very good.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #7
kosimpsononthestop
4-Star

Male

kosimpsononthestop has earned his spurskosimpsononthestop has earned his spurskosimpsononthestop has earned his spurskosimpsononthestop has earned his spurskosimpsononthestop has earned his spurskosimpsononthestop has earned his spurs

Cody Gibson
kosimpsononthestop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #8
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29795000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosimpsononthestop View Post
Cody Gibson
???????????

Gibson's not a TE.

I'd like to see how Owens does, shouldn't he be recovered from his knee surgery by now?
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #9
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
???????????

Gibson's not a TE.

I'd like to see how Owens does, shouldn't he be recovered from his knee surgery by now?
According to TBS, the coaches might move Gibson to TE so we can have a good blocker at TE.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote