CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
B-G
thekob
b381l
markp_vip
Lonnie
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
kingoftheroost
JDJones
Cockhornleghorn
Braxton Miller (2839)
ESPNís Marisa Martin (1464)
Fan bias toward a sp (869)
RG3 - Struggles Not (696)
Sidney Rice is havin (684)
Family, Faith, and G (626)
10 years since " (579)
**USC Women vs. Clem (457)
Have a problem and h (449)
2014 Charleston Clas (428)
Braxton Miller
Previewing Cornell
The South AL-A-BAM-A GAME
Interesting stat
10 years since "the
Sidney Rice is having the
Lineup Changes (Offense)
CockyTalk Football Pickem
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
how do you feel about Cle

Old 01-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material
Default 2013 Schedule Question

SIAP....has the date for the UNC game been set? NC sites have Thurs. Aug. 29, and SC sites have it on Aug. 31. I'm slightly moronic, so my apologies if this has been decided already!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
jared
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb
Default Re: 2013 Schedule Question

It was first set to be a Thursday night game on the 29. Then I think we moved it to the 31 on Saturday. I think UNC people said that we never officially switched it with them so I guess they still have it as the 29.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Well that's a problem.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
lilcocky2004
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 687
lilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurs
Default Re: 2013 Schedule.

has it came out already sorry if i have missed it.been sick and haven't had time to check on it.if so sorry.if not can someone plz post the dates.thanks DAVID
lilcocky2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:41 AM   #5
jared
Starter

Male

jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

I think a Thursday night game to open the college football season at the Brice would be awesome!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
I think a Thursday night game to open the college football season at the Brice would be awesome!
That's happened recently. I'm pretty sure this game has been moved to Saturday. I wish we would put it back on Thursday though, to give us more time to prep for UGA.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #7
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

I wish it were on Thursday, and give us additional time to prepare for UGA.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

I could have sworn I heard something about it being a Thursday night game and some more strings pulled with ESPN by the HBC.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
Where have you been the last 8 years?

These were ALL season openers:

2005 - vs. UCF (Thursday)
2006 - @ Mississippi State (Thursday)

2007 - vs. Lousiana-Ladayette (Saturday)
2008 - vs. NC State (Thursday)
2009 - @ NC State (Thursday)
2010 - vs. Southern Miss (Thursday)

2011 - vs. ECU (Saturday)
2012 - @ Vandy (Thursday)
2013 - ?
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #10
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Yea, I was thinking it had happened multiple times in the past 10 years, but I didn't want to put it out there and be wrong. Seems like we got a lot of the first Thursday ESPN games though. Wish we could get it for one more year.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
jared
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post

2013 - ?
Well if you want to know... I was at all of those at home. And they're awesome... Which is why I said it would be awesome... Clear it up for ya??
Old 01-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #12
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:

2013 - ?
So three times out of eight of those wereat home on a Thursday. I agree with jared it would be awesome.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #13
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh Gamecock View Post
So three times out of eight of those wereat home on a Thursday. I agree with jared it would be awesome.
It's really cool for now, but won't be awesome until after we win.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #14
Loathor
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 570
Loathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervousLoathor is making other chickens nervous

Quote:

2013 - ?

Maybe we (and by we I mean Spurrier and Tanner... of course...) should push for us to be the first game of the year every year. It could be like the First in the South Primary position.

Plus, were we to make it a yearly thing... (maybe a Palmetto Classic or something akin to the Chick-Fil-A Kick-Off?)... it would be a nice marketing tool to bring attention to the program to have us be in the spotlight on the most highly anticipated games of the season... the first game after a long drought of the off season.

Additionally, the first Thursday game is usually anticipated. The ones after that are kind of filler Big East drivel that just keeps the whistle whet during the week. But that first one would be a boon for the program if it were a traditional thing.
Loathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #15
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

The UNC game is on Saturday, August 31st.

It was moved from Thursday some time ago. I remember hearing about it on the radio. I'm fine with this. The crowd will be way better on a Saturday than on a Thursday, and we need a crazy crowd against UNC.

I'd trust the SC sites more than the UNC sites because we are hosting the game.

Carolina Finalizes 2013 Football Schedule