CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eightohhthree
qcgamecock
highstick
Spur's Addiction
TheUSCMike
FeloniousCock
Ahmad
Frosty
gamecock88
cocky-K
Dylan Thompson's pas (3713)
Celebrity Guest Pick (3315)
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Rank the SEC startin (1296)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1107)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1089)
Kendrick salley (1008)
Defensive personnel (1004)
USC -6 vs. Mizzou (658)
Cack's Toast of the (636)
Rank the SEC starting QBs
Legitimate, Unbiased Opin
Gameday Sign Ideas
Dylan Thompson's passing
I guess we don't get all
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Incoming Freshmen Women G
Kendrick salley
Defensive personnel quest
Jersey question

Old 01-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default corey miller pounded the gamecocks today

because we dont reach out to former players well enough. he said that word has gotten out to the other schools and it is now being used against us. he said post graduate support is a recruiting tool and we dont have it.

he talked about the cunningham tweet about not getting salt pills and used that as an example.

carl hill tried to diffuse the situation somewhat but corey was saying "i hear ya man but it was just salt pills". corey did acknowledge that ray is working on the issue. evidently clyde wrenn had pretty much all the living previous qbs back this last weekend to discuss the shortcomings and asked for input from the players on how to fix the problem.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material
Default Re: corey miller pounded the gamecocks today

Corey Miller is still sucking on sour grapes when he wasn't allow on staff.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

I hope his son doesn't come here. I used to like him, but I just can't him or that whole station anymore. Corey feels like he is entitled to anything he wants because he played here and is becoming a real cancer to our fan base.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

what is that about salt pills
Old 01-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
what is that about salt pills
evidently justice tried to get some salt pills from the training staff a couple days ago and was told he couldnt have any.

justice then sent out a tweet saying something to the effect that he played here for 4 yrs, graduates and now cant get a salt pill. fyi, salt pills are used by some who have strenous workouts in order to replenish the sodium supply lost in workout.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Honestly, couldn't care less about Corey Miller. He needs to get over himself and learn to close his mouth every now and then. I've never listened to him, and this confirms to me that I'll probably never listen to him.

I've read on here that some have said he's upset because the football program is doing well now, and he's bitter because he's not on the team when is it's at its best. If that's the case, he's just being a crybaby.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Relationship with former athletes has been a noted issue for quite some time.

Not sure what salt pills have to do with anything to do with it though.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #8
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

^^^Agreed Spurs. Everybody knows this and has known it for quite some time. Very few come back around here. Don't know why they wouldn't give Justice the salt pills but I'll bet you that he becomes just another in a long line of NFL players that announces he's from "Whatever High School" instead of The Univ of SC.
gamecock88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #9
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Hmm, assumptions galore. I bet this is blown out of context.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
^^^Agreed Spurs. Everybody knows this and has known it for quite some time. Very few come back around here. Don't know why they wouldn't give Justice the salt pills but I'll bet you that he becomes just another in a long line of NFL players that announces he's from "Whatever High School" instead of The Univ of SC.
There are a lot of ex-players who love USC and still come around. Corey Miller is a freaking cry baby. Listen to his show and you will figure out that he loves to stir the pot and play the victim. Hopefully his son will go elsewhere so we don't have to have him hanging around practice all the time.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #11
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

Coaches and players come and go, only the fans really care about our school. Just kidding, I think.

beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #12
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post

I would hope a couple salt pills wouldn't affect how a guy feels about his university. I mean come on
Old 01-29-2013, 08:53 PM   #13
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

One thing I learned from from graduating from USC or anywhere. Once you graduate, they expect YOU to give back to the university that educated you and gave a degree. Anything you got from the university was solely to help you along the journey to getting that piece of paper, AND you probably paid for whatever it was and then some anyway. If Justice wants stuff from USC post graduation then he should probably get in line.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #14
cocky1982
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 5298466
cocky1982 has earned his spurscocky1982 has earned his spurscocky1982 has earned his spurscocky1982 has earned his spurscocky1982 has earned his spurscocky1982 has earned his spurs

If its so bad for past players, why haven't we had one to come forth and tell all?
cocky1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #15
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

It's just as easy for a former player to reach out to the university as it is for the university to reach out to former players. It shouldn't be left completely up to the university.

It's a two way street.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #16
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 1029164626
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky1982 View Post
If its so bad for past players, why haven't we had one to come forth and tell all?
We just did!!!! Corey said he could not get some salt pills! I mean whats next!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #17
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
evidently justice tried to get some salt pills from the training staff a couple days ago and was told he couldnt have any.

justice then sent out a tweet saying something to the effect that he played here for 4 yrs, graduates and now cant get a salt pill. fyi, salt pills are used by some who have strenous workouts in order to replenish the sodium supply lost in workout.
so im pretty sure that since He's no longer an active member of the team, they arent allowed to treat him in ANY way. But people dont wanna see that.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #18
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Clemson lays out the red carpet if a water boy shows up on the door step.

I spoke to Brandon Bennett a few years ago (he played on my flag football team), and he said that he couldn't count how many times he reached out to the school to try to see if they had any of his old jerseys or anything that he could buy. He said every time he called he got the run around from people that said they had no clue who he was. The 2nd leading rusher in our history, and the man responsible for the greatest play in school history.

This is a MAJOR problem, and it needs to be fixed.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #19
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
so im pretty sure that since He's no longer an active member of the team, they arent allowed to treat him in ANY way. But people dont wanna see that.
Truth in this statement
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #20
gamecockboy89
4-Star

Male

gamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his combgamecockboy89 is developing his comb

I don't live in Cola anymore, but when I did I listened to Corey a good bit. I will admit that he can be pretty critical of the university, but he has a good point with this.

This is an issue I've thought about a lot. We've had countless star athletes walk the halls of our institution that feel shunned after they graduate and move on, except for maybe Big George. This is completely unacceptable in my opinion.

All former student athletes should be welcomed back with open arms, especially those who have gone on to be successful in their future endeavors whether that is in sports or something else.

Honoring and helping former players goes a long way in breeding an environment of tradition and passion among the fans and the university. And tradition and passion goes a long way in recruiting.
gamecockboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote