CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
gadeneer1986
B-G
Latt7more
ReadR00ster
b381l
CoverTwo
Why is everyone anti (1575)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Just thought of some (962)
How did we not make (856)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (820)
Miss St. defense (745)
Let us clarify some (740)
Is Clowney back toni (628)
Flopping is reaching (377)
Roll call for Auburn (286)
How did we not make it.
Busta out indefinitely.
Miss St. defense
Recipe for success
Roll call for Auburn
SOS says his next stop is
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Why is everyone anticipat
Keith Stone (2016 Prospec
Name a Gamecock

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite
Ace Sanders 96 48.24%
Jasper Brinkley 103 51.76%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Ace Sanders vs Jasper Brinkley

Welcome to the

Cockytalk Favorite Player (2000 and current) Round 1 part 1

Use this thread to make your argument for who is your favorite player between Ace Sanders and Jasper Brinkley

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.

Last edited by johnnyb; 01-30-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
RMCUSC
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 400
RMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his comb
Default Re: Ace Sanders vs Jasper Brinkley

The fact that Jasper didn't come in as a freshman may hurt him in this poll. I really can't choose though. They were both such great gamecocks. If Ace had stayed for his senior year then I'd put him ahead, but I don't really blame him. Since he is leaving early, I'd call them even
Old 01-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
jccgogamecocks
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 825
jccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his claws

I loved watching Jasper and Casper. Killer insticts! I aslo loved watching Ace juke and jive down the feild too. Im torn, really.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
Flips
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Flips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talons

Jasper's interception at the end of the 07 Georgia game is still one of my favorite plays I've experienced in person. Gotta give it to him.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Ace Sanders is one of the reasons the attitude in the program has changed. Jasper was still playing with those other guys who were in SC as a pitstop.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Ace: He's a big time play-maker. He wanted to be the one to make the big play and he came up time and time again in tight spots. I just think this guy is an absolute winner and I am just going to say something now that might raise eyebrows. He's one of the best players we have ever had since joining the SEC. He's easily in the top 10 in my opinion.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Jasper Brinkley (solid linebacker)
Ace Sanders (Solid WR - Above Average Punt Returner - Team Leader)

Ace gets the vote in this matchup from me. ... Again, It's nothing against
Jasper. Both were excellent players for us, but Ace could give you a game
winning momement in a lot of ways. Jasper was never known as a vocal
leader when he was an upperclassman, and Ace was considered one of
the main leaders the last couple of years by his team mates.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Ace Sanders is one of the reasons the attitude in the program has changed. Jasper was still playing with those other guys who were in SC as a pitstop.
Doesnt Jasper have a huge gamecock tattooed on his chest/heart? Yeah, definitely sounds like just stopping through as a pitstop.

:)

Last edited by CockLurker; 01-30-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: not really topical
Old 01-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

I voted for Ace because of the excitment factor. He has a great personality. Jasper is still a true gamecock and he won games for us with his play. He was always quiet but played loudly.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #10
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

had to go with Jap here...IMO best LB we have ever had...where as Ace is one of the best special team players and a very good WR who had a HUGE part in 2 of the best seasons in Carolina history...still had to go with Jap b/c of his heart and his ability to play....i think he would have been a lot more successful with this team than the team he played with

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 01-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #11
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
had to go with Jap here...IMO best LB we have ever had...where as Ace is one of the best special team players and a very good WR who had a HUGE part in 2 of the best seasons in Carolina history...still had to go with Jap b/c of his heart and his ability to play....i think he would have been a lot more successful with this team than the team he played with

His brother wasn't too shabby either. I still remember the play that can be argued won us the Liberty Bowl. The 4th and 3 or 4 play when Casper pushed the play outside with his speed inside and Jasper coming in to finish off the running back who wanted to cut inside but had to go outside and coming up 2 yards short. I think we went on to score after we stopped them but Houston was driving and the Brinkley Bros. took care of business.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

And let's not forget "The Sack" against Clemson in 2006 that pushed them even farther back and Clemson missing the FG. Had Jasper not gotten that sack and pushed them back, that FG would have been good.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #13
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Jasper got my vote, dude was a BALLER before he tore up his knee
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #14
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I voted Jap because we was the run stopper at LB that we haven't had since. Shaq made a lot of plays, but he couldn't fill a hole like Jap. I liked Ace's enthusiasm and we really needed for him to step up like he did this year, but Jap is one of my favorites.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #15
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

jasper destroyed tebow. jasper wins
Old 01-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #16
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Jasper. Regardless of whether he was a verbal leader, what he did on defense for us set the tone many-a-times. IMO, he meant more for those teams than Ace did for the time he played here.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #17
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

Crap I meant to vote for Jasper, whoops.

Jasper stayed four years, ace kinda ditched us. Jasper was the man! Wish we had him next year
Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #18
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricCock View Post
Crap I meant to vote for Jasper, whoops.

Jasper stayed four years, ace kinda ditched us. Jasper was the man! Wish we had him next year

Jasper was a JUCO so he was here less than Ace.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #19
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Don't forget, Ace also threw 2 TD passes.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #20
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Clear winner here - Ace.

Ace revived our special teams and did something no Gamecock had done in the past EIGHT years....return a punt for a touchdown.

Can't wait to see him returning kickoffs and punts back for 6 on Sunday's.
Closed Thread