CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
taylorssc
Lonnie
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
So Disappointed With (2383)
Rank the QBs under S (1636)
Back like cooked cra (1222)
Tennessee game (777)
Who start on the d l (687)
No Comments on the H (572)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (212)
Gameday parking in A (149)
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
No Comments on the Holes?
So Disappointed With The
Tennessee game
Back like cooked crack
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Texas athletic director:
Roll call for Auburn

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite
Cliff Matthews 75 41.90%
Sheldon Brown 104 58.10%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Cliff Matthews vs Sheldon Brown

Welcome to the

Cockytalk Favorite Player (2000 and current) Round 1 part 1

Use this thread to make your argument for who is your favorite player between Cliff Matthews and Sheldon Brown

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.

Last edited by johnnyb; 01-30-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cliff Matthews vs Sheldon Brown

Sheldon is my favorite Gamecock cornerback of all time. Any chance we can get polls that compare players who played the same position? I think the polls are a great idea, but it is just hard for me to decide with choices like Gilmore or Succop.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Old 01-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

kinda hard to do that, I paired them up by number of nominations, the player with the most nominations gets a bye the first round (odd number of players nominated) the first part (of the first round) I posted today, includes all of the players nominated once and one player nominated twice (dimarco). second part of the first round (which I will post once this portion is over) will include all players (with the exception of Lattimore (bye) and Dimarco) with multiple nominations, they will be paired strongest (most nominations) to weakest (fewest)

I may make it double elimination after the first round, just depends on how froggy I feel!

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I voted for Sheldon Brown in this matchup...Loved both these players
and they both excelled during their time here as Gamecocks. Matthews
(IMO) was a little inconsistent in his game, where as Sheldon Brown never
had a bad game to my recollection. He's always played solid and is still
very loyal to the Gamecocks and represents them well to this day.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Another tough one...but SHeldon got the vote...even though some can make the argument C Matt helped win us our only SEC Division championship. SHeldon was a head hunter and i will never forget...even though it wasn't in college...the hit on Reggie Bush...one of the top hits of the decade

WIN ANYWAY!!

Old 01-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

sheldon was lock down.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
sheldon was lock down.
Yeah, I went with Cliff though cause he is one of the building blocks to where we are now. Sheldon had probably the best recovering space picks I've ever seen in person. In 2000, I thought the Georgia receiver was going to catch it and cruise into the endzone but Sheldon recovered stretched out and went up and took the ball. Great interception!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I know Sheldon was a beast and one of the first SC player in a long time to get a lot of publicity in the NFL but I like that Cliff tried to keep a trend going to get guys to stay for four years. And he kind of set the tone for us to have a string of dominating DEs.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #9
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
kinda hard to do that, I paired them up by number of nominations, the player with the most nominations gets a bye the first round (odd number of players nominated) the first part (of the first round) I posted today, includes all of the players nominated once and one player nominated twice (dimarco). second part of the first round (which I will post once this portion is over) will include all players (with the exception of Lattimore (bye) and Dimarco) with multiple nominations, they will be paired strongest (most nominations) to weakest (fewest)

I may make it double elimination after the first round, just depends on how froggy I feel!
Oh, I didn't know that was the case. Thank you for explaining it to me!
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Old 01-31-2013, 01:58 AM   #10
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Gotta vote for shut down sheldon brown! He was part of a string of recruits we had that made our secondary absolutely nasty for a while
Old 01-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #11
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

I can see that my emotions of our recent success are making it too difficult for me to pick against these recent players who have taken us into uncharted waters. I know Sheldon Brown got his name called a lot, but Cliff Matthews was one of the hardest working players on the team, made plays despite being injured, often praised by Spurrier, and got us to Atlanta.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #12
eklypised
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1467
eklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPit

Went to high school with Sheldon...so hes def getting my vote for that reason alone...he was a nasty RB in high school...
Closed Thread