CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStill0wnUSC
2000grad
GH
75CarolinaFan
Gamecocks1137
JoeMorrisonLives
garnet_black215
StormOfTalons
johnnyb
b381l
Welcome to Moe's (558)
Jay Paterno Attempts (487)
help with army insig (208)
Hercules - review (206)
I'm a grand godfathe (116)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (44)
NEED 2TICKETS TO THE (19)
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Help Give Cocky a Home
Name a Gamecock
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Good Article for those co
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
college football match up
2015 - Auden Tate
2015 - Mon Denson
Coach's media golf press

View Poll Results: Who is your Favorite
DJ Swearinger 238 96.75%
Derek Watson 8 3.25%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default DJ Swearinger vs Derek Watson

Welcome to the

Cockytalk Favorite Player (2000 and current) Round 1 part 1

Use this thread to make your argument for who is your favorite player between Dj Swearinger and Derek Watson
Old 01-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material
Default Re: DJ Swearinger vs Derek Watson

Derek is racking up the votes.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
jccgogamecocks
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 475
jccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his clawsjccgogamecocks is sharpening his claws

Dj was a great team player/ leader. The only Watson lead was most arrests and dropped passes.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #4
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107787138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

wow, this is no contest at all
Old 01-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
Coop2Cocky
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Coop2Cocky has hatched from the shell

I think Dererk Watson vs. Demetrius Summers would have been more of a contest...this is a no-brainer!
Old 01-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Perhaps it would be best to have only those players who were NOT kicked off the team?
Old 01-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Swearinger...he actually stayed in school and was a model student-athlete.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 01-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

for me the main thing here is one over-achieved and defied expectation while the other under achieved and sadly enough validated the expectations of many who knew him...
Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #9
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop2Cocky View Post
I think Dererk Watson vs. Demetrius Summers would have been more of a contest...this is a no-brainer!
summers was not nominated
Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Ya don't say?
Old 01-30-2013, 03:13 PM   #11
Coop2Cocky
Walk On

Male

Coop2Cocky has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I think I get it now...so the choices will get harder as we get into the later rounds? I didn't realize the choices were based on nominations...I stand corrected!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #12
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop2Cocky View Post
I think I get it now...so the choices will get harder as we get into the later rounds? I didn't realize the choices were based on nominations...I stand corrected!
yes, there were nomination threads stickyed to the top of the cp for slightly longer than 2 weeks, each poster was limited to one nominee, if they listed more than one, then the first on the list is what was taken
Old 01-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #13
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

Liquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talons

Poor Derek, went to school with him at Palmetto.......Boy at the potential......
Old 01-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #14
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

There should be no questions or need to debate this one

DJ Swearinger. Too bad we couldn't have put DJs heart and soul
into Derrick Watson. DJ was a guy who made the most out of his time
on the team... Watson was a guy who never cared about anyone but
himself while he was here.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #15
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 960
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Perhaps it would be best to have only those players who were NOT kicked off the team?
^^

Gotta love it
Old 01-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #16
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

This one is not a contest. Somebody voted for Watson!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #17
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

I voted Watson. I knew he wouldn't win but I picked him only because he was my first favorite player I ever had. I was just getting into football at that time, I use to fake autograph his name on the footballs I played in the yard with. Sounds really stupid now haha. The first TD I ever witnessed in person was a 75 yarder from Watson at home against Arkansas. I think that was 2000 or 2001. I was 8 or 9 at the time & had no recollection of the off-field stuff until he finally was kicked off.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #18
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
I voted Watson. I knew he wouldn't win but I picked him only because he was my first favorite player I ever had. I was just getting into football at that time, I use to fake autograph his name on the footballs I played in the yard with. Sounds really stupid now haha. The first TD I ever witnessed in person was a 75 yarder from Watson at home against Arkansas. I think that was 2000 or 2001. I was 8 or 9 at the time.
thats what this whole thing is about tho, not who was the best player, best person, or anything else like that, its whos your favorite..

on that note, good job!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #19
UgSaCmecocks
Starter

Male

UgSaCmecocks rules the CockPitUgSaCmecocks rules the CockPitUgSaCmecocks rules the CockPitUgSaCmecocks rules the CockPitUgSaCmecocks rules the CockPitUgSaCmecocks rules the CockPitUgSaCmecocks rules the CockPitUgSaCmecocks rules the CockPitUgSaCmecocks rules the CockPitUgSaCmecocks rules the CockPitUgSaCmecocks rules the CockPit

two people on here are smok'n something

give me points & you win prizes
Old 01-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #20
Moe$
Walk On

Male

Moe$ has earned his spursMoe$ has earned his spursMoe$ has earned his spursMoe$ has earned his spursMoe$ has earned his spursMoe$ has earned his spurs

This is a joke isn't it?

DJ was great. Squeaky was gone.

Must be a very slow day...news or otherwise.
Closed Thread