CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
ccured
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
NJGCfan
robgusc76
Spurrier_Superior_On
JAYBEZ
rdwylie
GamecockUltimate
Mangus now coaching (1430)
Can Tennessee get to (1032)
2 Crazy things (626)
Chick Redefines the (598)
Spread vs. aTm (551)
ESPN Article on HBC (550)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (525)
Lindy's top 100 for (490)
The Bama series (398)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (317)
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2015 - Kaleb Kim
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Bama starting pitcher sus
The Bama series
Spread vs. aTm
Clowney's NFL Draft Promo
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Lindy's top 100 for 2010

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
1801Green
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous
Default Chris Culliver

Watching Culliver stink it up tonight in the Super Bowl tonight made me feel nostalgic for his days as a Gamecock when he was routinely burned in the secondary. Not to mention his off field comments this week and on field demeanor during the game.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #2
GoldenSpur7
Veritas vincit ...

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Chris Culliver

He had some good plays, and some bad plays. Life of an NFL CB.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9980800
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

I don't want to bash but im going to. Honestly im nothing and my opinion doesn't matter but I lost all respect for the guy this week. His comments and his actions during the game were really disappointing. He got burned all night but did the most trash talking of anyone all game. He even got in the punters face with 4 seconds left and his team just lost the super bowl.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #4
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

No reason to talk trash about the guy. I didn't agree with his off the field comments this week either, but he is still a Gamecock. No reason to kick a guy while he's down.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #5
GamecockinILL
Blue Chip

Male

GamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his comb

Always pull for ex-Gamecocks in the NFL...but had an interesting exchange with my son who is off at college via text.

After Culliver got burned for the TD, I let him know that the guy that got beat was Culliver from Carolina....

his response? "lol...that's the culliver we knew"

Yep...even my college-age son remembers that!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #6
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

very very ashamed he was a gamecock this week
Old 02-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #7
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Talked way too much trash in my opinion. As Lorenzo Ward said earlier this season, "if you are going to talk trash, you better be ready to back it up."

I will just say this.. Since he is a Gamecock, I will do my best to give him the benefit of the doubt because I know he gave a lot to SC. But if he had not been a Gamecock, I certainly wouldn't think too much of him.

So I definitely wouldn't argue with any fans of other teams that didn't think too highly of him.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #8
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9980800
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockinILL View Post
Always pull for ex-Gamecocks in the NFL...but had an interesting exchange with my son who is off at college via text.

After Culliver got burned for the TD, I let him know that the guy that got beat was Culliver from Carolina....

his response? "lol...that's the culliver we knew"

Yep...even my college-age son remembers that!

I would hope so Culliver just left 2 freaking years ago.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #9
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1801Green View Post
Watching Culliver stink it up tonight in the Super Bowl tonight made me feel nostalgic for his days as a Gamecock when he was routinely burned in the secondary.
This is not true. Chris played CB for us one year and did quite well. He played safety the other 2 years he played defense and played lots of zone. We've had some others who are playing in the NFL right now who got beat more often than Chris (who played hurt portions of this career here).
Some of you seem to forget it was Chris who was busting heads and was a big part of that big win over Bama in '10.

Some of you are determined to hate former players.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #10
GamecockinILL
Blue Chip

Male

GamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SCFanInPAUntilNow View Post
I would hope so Culliver just left 2 freaking years ago.
Well...the caveat to that is that we live in Illinois....not SC...so following is a little more difficult here...but that's what he remembers of Culliver
Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #11
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
This is not true. Chris played CB for us one year and did quite well. He played safety the other 2 years he played defense and played lots of zone. We've had some others who are playing in the NFL right now who got beat more often than Chris (who played hurt portions of this career here).
Some of you seem to forget it was Chris who was busting heads and was a big part of that big win over Bama in '10.

he didnt really do anything to make us proud this week
Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #12
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Gamecocks forever. But Culliver is a Thug, and I'll never pull for him. His demeanor on the field is embarrassing. Just a thug, nothing more, and I'm glad he lost.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #13
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post

And some of YOU, are so willing to pump sunshine up the ass of any former player like they are some kind of God. Pathetic.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #14
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

I don't see how someone can talk so much junk and play awful at the same time

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #15
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 9505802
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

One thing for sure. Cully will want to forget this night!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #16
GTjacketcock
Hell of an Engineer

Male

GTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPit

Good lord y'all, the guy had plenty of good plays as well. Being a cornerback in the NFL is a shitty job and you're going to get beat probably half the time. I didn't think Carlos Rodgers played any better tonight, but nobody will be bashing him.

As far as his comments this week, who cares? He has an opinion and he voiced it, big deal. He's still a Carolinian and he gave a lot to this university. No need to kick a man when he's down.

My sign from Gameday at the Horseshoe
Old 02-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #17
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4400
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Seems like a bunch of cool people to be around in this thread. Just imagine the fun that would be had if the all the posters in this thread could get together for a super bowl party or some other event.

Just like 10 of the coolest guys being cool. I bet that would be cool.

Gonna go think about that some more.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:21 AM   #18
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTjacketcock View Post
Good lord y'all, the guy had plenty of good plays as well. Being a cornerback in the NFL is a shitty job and you're going to get beat probably half the time. I didn't think Carlos Rodgers played any better tonight, but nobody will be bashing him.

As far as his comments this week, who cares? He has an opinion and he voiced it, big deal. He's still a Carolinian and he gave a lot to this university. No need to kick a man when he's down.
Big deal yes it is...that was a awful thing to say

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #19
SR4-AJ1
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 10585636
SR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTjacketcock View Post

This!! Chill out everybody
Old 02-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #20
CockRugger
Hardest Cock Around

Male

CockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPitCockRugger rules the CockPit

He had some great plays tonight and he got beat some. He got quoted saying some homophobic crap.

But he made sacrifices while representing this university and spent a lot of time playing while injured. Anyone who talks crap who didn't do at least that much has no place in the discussion.
Closed Thread