CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
GregoryHouse
JaxcockFL
doubledribble
SMOTFS86
B-G
crowcutta
Regalcock
The Yancey
2014 Subway Classic: (2216)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1769)
Former Gamecock root (1530)
Franks boy's are pla (1465)
Has the window close (814)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Bruce!!! (714)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (663)
Kentucky is dominati (619)
Question for those w (551)
Decommitment from Texas A
Franks boy's are playing
My early Monday dinner .
The Vent and Coaching cha
Has the window closed for
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota

Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Why Did Keith Bryant Pick FSU

I know he had been favoring them a quite a while. His parents wanted him to go to Carolina and get out of the state of Florida. Does anybody have any real insight as to what happened on this. I thought he we had a real shot with him.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
uscdoit
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscdoit is learning to peckuscdoit is learning to peck
Default Re: Why Did Keith Bryant Pick FSU

I think his 1 year old daughter had something to do with it. At least that's what he said.
uscdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
garnetchicken
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
garnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot material

I believe he said during his announcement that he wanted to stay close to home because of his daughter.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
garnetchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 939000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

If that's the truth, more power to him. Seriously !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

He wanted to "betta hiz edu-ma-cation".
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #6
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

Staying close to home if he has a daughter is a good thing. I wish him the best.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1097400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

If things had gone the other way and he came here, the correct answer to the equivalent question on FSU's board would have been, "to get to the other side". but yes if he wanted to be with his daughter, then he made the right choice 2000 times over. Your family is always more important than football.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #8
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

i understand fully why he chose fsu. the daughter was the best example. saying that, it makes no sense that he would drive from del ray to columbia. we would have paid for a flight. i dont believe we were ever seriously in consideration and that makes the drive the more confusing. He sure threw me off balance because i sure wouldnt drive that far if i wasnt going.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #9
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1097400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
i understand fully why he chose fsu. the daughter was the best example. saying that, it makes no sense that he would drive from del ray to columbia. we would have paid for a flight. i dont believe we were ever seriously in consideration and that makes the drive the more confusing. He sure threw me off balance because i sure wouldnt drive that far if i wasnt going.
maybe he doesn't like to fly. ala john madden.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #10
b381l
Banned

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I had never heard about his daughter before. Is he responsible for her care.
I just don't see how a guy can go to college and play football while taking care of a very young daughter. This is the same as Reuben Foster. I feel so badly for these young children. I hope Bryant makes it in the NFL so we can care for her properly. In the meantime, I'm trying to get my parents to care for her.

But what makes this even more complicated, the parents wanted him out of the state of Florida. Why is that since they know he's responsible for his daughter.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #11
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
maybe he doesn't like to fly. ala john madden.
If that's the case, he's in for a rough time the next 4 years for away games.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #12
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

We weren't in serious contention, he just wanted a couple of more hats for his table, but that's alright. We'll take the free pub. Good luck to him.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #13
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Well we know it looks good for the cameras!!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #14
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Because it's a major D1 program closer to home?

Sometimes it doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #15
lauderdalecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 480
lauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comb

Well he saved an hour and a half off his drive going to FSU vs. Carolina. No easy trip to Tallahassee from South Florida. Seven hours vs eight and a half. Still an all day thing. Florida, and of course Miami would be much closer to his daughter than FSU if that is the reason.
lauderdalecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #16
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
We were in his final 3 on Signing Day and he drove with his Parents 10 hours to Columbia. I think he was seriously interested. Does not mean we were his favorite but that shows serious interest imo.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #17
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauderdalecock View Post
Well he saved an hour and a half off his drive going to FSU vs. Carolina. No easy trip to Tallahassee from South Florida. Seven hours vs eight and a half. Still an all day thing. Florida, and of course Miami would be much closer to his daughter than FSU if that is the reason.
This is exactly what I thought. People don't realize how long it takes to drive the full length of Florida. We used to live in Fort Lauderdale, and it took us 8 hours to get to Pensacola.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #18
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I have no facts or specific knowledge on this - BUT - I will say that when I was paid for travel (and still today), I was reimbursed for any air travel, but paid mileage for any driving. And I always made/make money driving. 2012 rates are $0.55 per mile. (55.5 cents actually)

If the university reimburses for air or ground travel, that would pay just over $650 for a round trip (driving) from Del Ray Beach to Cola... 27 mpg highway would cost a total of $153 round trip. $500 in your pocket for a paid trip? Maybe...

Regardless - good luck to the young man and his family!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #19
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I had never heard about his daughter before. Is he responsible for her care.
I just don't see how a guy can go to college and play football while taking care of a very young daughter. This is the same as Reuben Foster. I feel so badly for these young children. I hope Bryant makes it in the NFL so we can care for her properly. In the meantime, I'm trying to get my parents to care for her.

But what makes this even more complicated, the parents wanted him out of the state of Florida. Why is that since they know he's responsible for his daughter.
Do you think college age athletes just started having kids or something?
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #20
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Trent Richardson had 2 kids while in school

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote