CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
Ericvol2096
smoovecock
thekob
Travelin
gamecockgal
jellafever
kingoftheroost
GamecockSuperFan
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (3170)
SEC QB's in the Red (1009)
Little know stat (We (1005)
Where do you like to (585)
We're going to the N (547)
Interesting quotes f (448)
Have you ever been s (418)
Amelia Earhart Plane (381)
Tennessee Offense Br (335)
This season and recr (260)
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Interesting quotes from D
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
DJ Smith
Have you ever been so wro
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
Tennessee - South Carolin
Women's Team Ranked #2 In

Old 02-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1050
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material
Default Tj Johnson highlights

I know some people feel he's underrated, others feel he's overrated. Here's his highlights, some very good blocking, he threw some key blocks. Make your own opinions I suppose, I'm just posting this because in game it's hard to key in on one players performance sometimes.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
lakefire
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
lakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talonslakefire has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via ICQ to lakefire Send a message via AIM to lakefire
Default Re: Tj Johnson highlights

Bad snaps haven't been a problem with TJ under center.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Not that I have anything against TJ Johnson, but seems like a better highlight reel could be put together. The majority of the video was against an under sized Missouri D-lineman, other highlights showed him on a couple double and one triple team. I only saw 3 run blocking plays, and TJ did his job well on those, and admirably on the pass blocking.

Overall it was solid highlights against low-end D-lines where he stood out, and average D-lines were he didn't get beat.

I know almost nothing about his body of work overall - just commenting on what I saw in this video - seems like he could have 'higher' highlights.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200499500136448000
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

We'll miss you, TJ. Thanks for the memories. Have every confidence you'll make it at the next level We're pulling for you!
BeatBamaTwice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
Cockfight
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockfight has feathers coming inCockfight has feathers coming in

I didnt like that highlight reel myself. I think other games would showcase his skills better. Personally, I like his body of work over 4 years. Watch the Bama game when we knocked them off their pedastal a couple seasons back. One of his best games! Against Ga, he handled two of the Top DLmen in the country. Floridas tackles are considered upper round picks, he had great games against them as well.

He is not a Superstar, but he works hard and plays through injuries. You can depend on him. I think he will be a multi year player in the NFL. Not to mention he could see time at guard or even tackle on the next level.

The kids a player with the heart of a lion. He wasnt a 5 star recruit and was told he couldnt play at the next level consistently. Now he holds the record for the most continuous starts in USC history, All SEC and All America honors. He keeps proving those in the know.... WRONG... time and time again. I expect he will continue that on the next level..the NFL!

Give em Hell TJ JOHNSON!!
Cockfight is offline   Reply With Quote