CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
thumpin big
smoovecock
b381l
markymark550
The Yancey
johnnyb
Constant Updates on (4243)
Brad Lawing (1783)
Garcia vs Clemson To (1356)
Carolina/Clemson gam (1039)
Palmetto Bowl (946)
Chattanooga upends N (848)
NEW Pics from South (554)
Where to watch in Ar (403)
Greenville for the C (321)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (270)
Alshon - Bose
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Constant Updates on Watso
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Bowl projections
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Name a Gamecock
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Where to watch in Arlingt

Old 02-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material
Default Thoughts on the basketball team

Anyone can get mad at anything i say, and this is not a vent thread. This is my thoughts on the ball team right now and I just want to know who agrees/disagrees with me.
1.Michael Carrera is legitimately the only player i can see contributing on a frank martin team in the next few years. He can rebound and has started to be a go to scorer. I could say maybe bruce, but he just turns the ball over wayyy too much and plays out of control.

2.This team doesnt give a sh*t anymore. Noone outside of Michael Carrera tries. They don't show any emotion. They dont look like they ever feel the need to score, and once they are down they virutally give up. This past game even though it was only a ten point game at the end.. was never truly a game.

3.Half of the team needs to leave. Brian Richardson, eric smith, damien leonard, RJ Slawson especially just can't play. Too inconsistent and/or only play one phase of the game.

4.Once frank martin gets his players and has players that do care, i think we will be loads better. Just have to get the crap that Horn brought in and bring in some solid players.

thoughts?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Thoughts on the basketball team

Brian Richardson can stay. He's been developing all year. Inconsistent? Yes. But he's improved.

And Bruce Ellington tries. He's the only one Frank has actually been happy with.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material

Frank Martin is embarrassing
Old 02-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Frank said Bruce tries.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #5
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I think Fan hit it on the head...mostly.

You are right about Carrera....but I wouldn't quit on Chatkevicus and Kacinas yet.

I thought last game against Bama was Chatkevicus' best game, and Kacinas has shown flashes...give them time, both are true freshman...and Kacinas is playing out of position...he strikes me more of a SF than a PF.

I also agree with you that Leonard, Smith, Slawson and Williams can leave (rumor is they are).

I'd keep Richardson, he has improved this year, and could be a valuable player off the bench next year (if we get the two JUCOs we are going after along with the Nova transfer).

You are right, a majority of this team plays with no heart, and really doesn't work on their games...and the one I point to is Leonard more than anyone. He has clearly checked out, won't play defense, and apparently doesn't even try to play within the system.

You are also right that when Martin purges this program of Darrin Horn's reject players, the team will be infinitely better and competing to be in the tournament.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #6
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lattimore View Post
Then we should fire him. With the best recruiting class in a while coming in, and with the best hire made by any school in the offseason, and a coach that took over a dumpster fire from a place that he turned into a winner, we should fire the embarrassment.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I think Fan hit it on the head...mostly.

You are right about Carrera....but I wouldn't quit on Chatkevicus and Kacinas yet.

I thought last game against Bama was Chatkevicus' best game, and Kacinas has shown flashes...give them time, both are true freshman...and Kacinas is playing out of position...he strikes me more of a SF than a PF.

I also agree with you that Leonard, Smith, Slawson and Williams can leave (rumor is they are).

I'd keep Richardson, he has improved this year, and could be a valuable player off the bench next year (if we get the two JUCOs we are going after along with the Nova transfer).

You are right, a majority of this team plays with no heart, and really doesn't work on their games...and the one I point to is Leonard more than anyone. He has clearly checked out, won't play defense, and apparently doesn't even try to play within the system.

You are also right that when Martin purges this program of Darrin Horn's reject players, the team will be infinitely better and competing to be in the tournament.
Williams is leaving? Noooooooooooooo
Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
THe fact he yells, has passion and tries to motivate the players with tough love...and wears his emotion but would run through a wall for his players?

Don't know about you...but that is the type coach I'd live to play for.
Two-time National Champs

Old 02-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #9
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
Williams is leaving? Noooooooooooooo
Don't take it has official.
Just rumor...I get the feeling the last few games will be a tryout for renewed scholarships. We will know who actually wants to be here.
Two-time National Champs

Old 02-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material

Quote:
Then we should fire him. With the best recruiting class in a while coming in, and with the best hire made by any school in the offseason, and a coach that took over a dumpster fire from a place that he turned into a winner, we should fire the embarrassment.
Its difficult to support a coach that treats his players the way he does in the media and during games.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #11
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Chatty and Kacinas are going to be good players eventually. They are guys that should have redshirted but were forced into action. Both players have some development ahead of them as far as their frames. Once they gain some muscle and Kacinas spends more time on the wing, they'll show a lot of improvement. Its difficult to tell because he is out of position, but Kacinas has a nice stroke from 3.

We really needed Thad Hall and LaShay Page this season. They would've been our leading scorers. In fact, Page was our leading scorer prior to his exit.

I'm excited to see an SEC talent backcourt next year though. Johnson and Thornwell should be EXCELLENT players to build this program around. Then you have Marcus Stroman on deck. We should be very good at the point guard position for a while. If Martin can grab a few more bigs and upgrade the talent on the wing, this team has a chance to be good down the road. But the key is building your backcourt and that starts next year.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #12
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

oh im sorry that frank martin hurts your feelings cuz hes not a puss like horn was
Old 02-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #13
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
oh im sorry that frank martin hurts your feelings cuz hes not a puss like horn was
Old 02-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #14
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I don't care if he throws a chair on the court.
Just win me basketball games

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #15
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

Quote:
Its difficult to support a coach that treats his players the way he does in the media and during games.
So what about when Spurrier is chewing the QBs out and says they played pitiful in press conferences? Is that an embarrassment?
Old 02-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #16
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Quote:
So what about when Spurrier is chewing the QBs out and says they played pitiful in press conferences? Is that an embarrassment?
Certainly has been. The Stephen Garcia saga was one of the most embarrassing in recollection.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #17
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

Quote:
Certainly has been. The Stephen Garcia saga was one of the most embarrassing in recollection.
Ok then. I quit. I'm going to stop watching sports. I'm so ashamed of our coaches. They're so embarrassing.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #18
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Quote:
Ok then. I quit. I'm going to stop watching sports. I'm so ashamed of our coaches. They're so embarrassing.
You're probably more level-headed than that.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #19
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
These are grown men the real world isn't going care about their feelings why baby them, doing this is nothing but a disservice to them. They play like garbage tell it like it is, sick and tired of hearing about people having their feelings hurt. Man up or quit that is the only choice they have.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #20
CardiacKemba
Banned

Male

CardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I don't care if he throws a chair on the court.
Just win me basketball games
Problem is... he's not winning games.
CardiacKemba is offline   Reply With Quote