CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
b381l
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
ReadR00ster
gamecockgal
garnet_black215
Regalcock
Polls (3271)
Gameday in Columbia (2887)
Gameday Sign Ideas (2500)
Clem5on fans are bes (1562)
Dylan Thompson's pas (1447)
Why Weren't We Bette (1404)
SEC East Race as of (1145)
ST coach fired this (1026)
Let's talk about Mat (938)
Hardest Schedule (937)
D line pressure
ST coach fired this week
Why Weren't We Better Pre
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
Gameday in Columbia
Clem5on fans are beside t
USC/Missouri 9/27/2014
Polls
iPhone 6/6plus and Apple
James Thompson - 6'9"

Old 02-20-2013, 01:34 AM   #1
uscthomas1128
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 727
uscthomas1128 is making other chickens nervoususcthomas1128 is making other chickens nervoususcthomas1128 is making other chickens nervoususcthomas1128 is making other chickens nervoususcthomas1128 is making other chickens nervoususcthomas1128 is making other chickens nervoususcthomas1128 is making other chickens nervous
Default Robberies on Campus

So in the past week, there have been three robberies on or around campus, with the latest involving a sexual assault. Not completely sure what's going on, but it's a sad thought that someone can't even walk on campus late at night without having to watch there back every second. Thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims, especially of the sexual assault.
uscthomas1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:00 AM   #2
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: Robberies on Campus

These are alarming enough on their own, but the Carolina Alert system is a complete flop. The system is supposed to send quick alerts in the form of emails and texts to all students as details become available.

The rape happened last night at around midnight last night, we received an alert tonight at 9:30 tonight. USCPD said it was because there was no "immanent danger". YEAH JUST A RAPIST WANDERING AROUND CAMPUS WHO HAS YET TO BE CAUGHT. My condolences go out to her. No one should have to deal with that, especially on a college campus...somewhere you are supposed to feel safe.

While the police meander around Pavlovs writing tickets to 20 year olds, mobs are shooting at each other down the street and girls get raped on campus. But yeah, underage drinking is the problem.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:15 AM   #3
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

It's a shame stuff like this continues to happen. But it is really dumb if you're a girl to be walking on blossom alone after midnight. Bad things will happen.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #4
carolinagirl7
Walk On

Female

CockyCash: 500
carolinagirl7 has hatched from the shell

nothing ticks me off more than when rape victims get blamed. don't mean to start a fight. but this is a college campus, it shouldn't be like this with 3 armed robberies just this week and a sexual assault.
carolinagirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

USC Police needs a bigger precense on campus during the overnight hours.

I remember walking across campus after midnight numerous times a few years ago and never seeing one USCPD officer at all. You should feel safe walking campus during any hour, not just during daylight.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #6
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Those alert poles are a waste. My car was broken into during my freshman year and whenever I pushed the nearest one to me, no one answered. I had to try 3 separate times over 10 minutes and then it was 15 minutes until an officer arrived...and did nothing.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
The rape happened last night at around midnight last night, we received an alert tonight at 9:30 tonight. USCPD said it was because there was no "immanent danger".
It is proven over and over that this is how REALLY bad things end up happening and getting out of control: no one takes them seriously until it gets extremely serious. Everytime a campus massacre or bad event occurs, the news always states that certain procedures were in place that simply weren't executed or they did it- but too late.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

College Students in general are an easy target. Lets face it, unless your campus has a fence around it with a gate, people are going to enter that don't belong there, and students are defenseless.

Here at Upstate, the chief of police told a friend of my girlfriend that you are not allowed to carry mace on campus, and if confronted by a rapist, you should be able to stop them by putting your arms out and saying "Stop! Don't do that." I'm serious. I convinced my girlfriend to carry her mace anyways.

Of course, If I'm confronted with a robber, I would prefer to put a couple of 40 S&W rounds into their chest. Usually stops them dead in their tracks.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
USC Police needs a bigger precense on campus during the overnight hours.

I remember walking across campus after midnight numerous times a few years ago and never seeing one USCPD officer at all. You should feel safe walking campus during any hour, not just during daylight.
The only presence they have and care about is in 5 points and writing drinking tickets. That was the problem when I was in school 5+ years ago and it is still the problem now. They don't care if you are raped, robbed, murdered, or beaten but if you attempt to go out and drink a few beers underage WATCHOUT! They are all over you!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #10
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
The only presence they have and care about is in 5 points and writing drinking tickets. That was the problem when I was in school 5+ years ago and it is still the problem now. They don't care if you are raped, robbed, murdered, or beaten but if you attempt to go out and drink a few beers underage WATCHOUT! They are all over you!
I think you're thinking of Columbia Police.

I'm talking about USC Police. I never saw USC Police in Five Points when I was at USC.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #11
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
I think you're thinking of Columbia Police.

I'm talking about USC Police. I never saw USC Police in Five Points when I was at USC.
Yea I mean the cpd mostly.

The USC pd yea they never really did anything to help.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #12
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

CCOC
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #13
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

CPD targets underage drinkers because that is how they make their money. When a 19 or 20 year old college student gets a drinking ticket it will get paid by either the student or the students parents. Or if they go to jail they can work them in to stay overnight and they will get bailed out the following day, costing the city very little money compared to what they will make off of it.

When they arrest a rapist or a burglar or some other bum odds are they will be a jail for a while and won't post bail, costing they city money and resources to keep them in there.

I think it's pretty sick they they know this and exploit it.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #14
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
CPD targets underage drinkers because that is how they make their money. When a 19 or 20 year old college student gets a drinking ticket it will get paid by either the student or the students parents. Or if they go to jail they can work them in to stay overnight and they will get bailed out the following day, costing the city very little money compared to what they will make off of it.

When they arrest a rapist or a burglar or some other bum odds are they will be a jail for a while and won't post bail, costing they city money and resources to keep them in there.

I think it's pretty sick they they know this and exploit it.
I know its unrelated- but I can't help but wonder why Clemson PD hasn't recognized this money-making venture.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #15
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
I know its unrelated- but I can't help but wonder why Clemson PD hasn't recognized this money-making venture.

They probably make more by looking the other way...at least when it comes to athletes
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #16
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 470000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

The campus is so big it's hard for police to be everywhere all the time. Students need to use common sense. If you're going to be out at night, go out in groups.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #17
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

CockyCash: 249940200
Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
The campus is so big it's hard for police to be everywhere all the time. Students need to use common sense. If you're going to be out at night, go out in groups.
The campus is very big but, like a previous poster above, I've walked around campus multiple times around midnight and later and I don't recall ever seeing any USC PD. I've come to realize that while the CPD focuses on underage drinking in 5 points, the USC PD focuses on underage drinking in dorms.
Fear#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #18
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

USC has a very open, large campus which melts into some rough neighborhoods. I was worried about it when my daughter was there. I wish there was a way to make it more secure.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #19
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

I have a game I like to play where I try to guess the race of the robber. I'll stop playing when I get one wrong.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #20
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
These are alarming enough on their own, but the Carolina Alert system is a complete flop. The system is supposed to send quick alerts in the form of emails and texts to all students as details become available.

The rape happened last night at around midnight last night, we received an alert tonight at 9:30 tonight. USCPD said it was because there was no "immanent danger". YEAH JUST A RAPIST WANDERING AROUND CAMPUS WHO HAS YET TO BE CAUGHT. My condolences go out to her. No one should have to deal with that, especially on a college campus...somewhere you are supposed to feel safe.

While the police meander around Pavlovs writing tickets to 20 year olds, mobs are shooting at each other down the street and girls get raped on campus. But yeah, underage drinking is the problem.
The police at Pavlovs and the USC police are two separate entities. They need to beef up security on campus. These types of things were happening when I was enrolled. There are measures that could be enforced that could help curtail matters of this nature but people would scream bloody murder about it

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote