CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
mpilot0705
Bed Sores
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
AtlGAMECOCK
spareparts
TheUniversityofSC
The Yancey
Nick29321
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1470)
The Field (1400)
Spurrier winning at (1073)
I hope Coach Spurrie (966)
One of the great thi (899)
Anyone watching pti (868)
Defensive Backfield (801)
GAME (749)
Death in the family (673)
SDS/Garcia: Entertai (635)
Parking Help
Conflict with Aggies on t
GAME
The 3-4
Toughest stadium in the n
mike Davis comparison
Sothern Cal DB injures hi
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
I hope Coach Spurrier get
2015 wbb - Beatrice Mompr

Old 02-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material
Default Chaz Elder

Their was an update on TBS and I wondered if anyone could paraphrase.
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Chaz Elder

Synopsis:
Came in a little bit emotionally immature but has improved. He's been good in the weight room but not great. And if coach brown could put him somewhere to start it would be safety but the numbers are so tight for corner backs that he may need play there. Depends on injuries to Rico McWilliams and Ahmad Christian.
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Yea I think for the spring all we have coming back at cb is Hampton and legree. Ronnie Martin will have to play and probably Elder as well. I'm assuming he'll be cross trained at cb and S.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

I was really excited when we landed him. I hope he continues to mature and put on good weight. Kid has a lot of potential.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
nodnahs
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
nodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudly

Don't forget about Ahmad Christian, TJ Gurley, or Rico McWilliams..
nodnahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #6
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

So I thought I opened the "clowney best ever" thread, and thought people were just joking at first. Then everyone was responding about the db's and I started to think holy crap, the coaches are considering moving clowney to safety?

Then I facepalmed.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #7
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockLurker View Post
So I thought I opened the "clowney best ever" thread, and thought people were just joking at first. Then everyone was responding about the db's and I started to think holy crap, the coaches are considering moving clowney to safety?

Then I facepalmed.

A wideout's worst nightmare...lol.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i assume christian wont participate in the spring because of baseball. id expect them to hold tj gurley out of contact drills.

that puts us in a position where we have marcus, fleetwood, moody, and williams at safety. and mcwilliams (will he participate?), elder, hampton, legree, and martin. if mcwilliams can go that would probably give us a little flexibility. if he cant go which would be understandable since he suffered his knee injury in preseason and they may not deem it prudent to rush him back for spring, then like mentioned earlier he would seem to be locked in to corner for the spring.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #9
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
i assume christian wont participate in the spring because of baseball. id expect them to hold tj gurley out of contact drills.

that puts us in a position where we have marcus, fleetwood, moody, and williams at safety. and mcwilliams (will he participate?), elder, hampton, legree, and martin. if mcwilliams can go that would probably give us a little flexibility. if he cant go which would be understandable since he suffered his knee injury in preseason and they may not deem it prudent to rush him back for spring, then like mentioned earlier he would seem to be locked in to corner for the spring.
Ahmad will also sit out the spring due to his back injury which has him needing 4-6 weeks of healing and rehab, per gamecocksonline
Old 02-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
Glamcock
Recruit

Male

Glamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his comb

They were on the fence about redshirting Elder. They were ready to play him, and he was ready to play, if needed. They ended up not needing him, but they have high hopes for Chaz.
Glamcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #11
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Moody can also play some snaps at CB in a limited capacity, right? At least for spring camp. Looks like Sydney Rhodes and Jessie Dukes will see some springtime action, if they're still on the team as walk-ons...
Old 02-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #12
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

They'll hold Rico out for the spring. We'll have Hampton, legree, elder, Martin and some walk ons
Old 02-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #13
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

SCBLACKDOG has feathers coming inSCBLACKDOG has feathers coming inSCBLACKDOG has feathers coming in

I am excited about Elder. I suspect he will develop into a solid performer where ever he ends up on the football field.

Last edited by SCBLACKDOG; 02-21-2013 at 09:51 PM.
SCBLACKDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #14
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBLACKDOG View Post
I am excited about Elder. I suspect he will develop into a solid performer where ever he ends up on the football field.

Hahah I love your usericon... very nice!!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #15
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgal View Post
Hahah I love your usericon... very nice!!
Haha me too. It gets me everytime.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #16
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

SCBLACKDOG has feathers coming inSCBLACKDOG has feathers coming inSCBLACKDOG has feathers coming in

Thanks. I stole it from somewhere.
SCBLACKDOG is offline   Reply With Quote