CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MWard
sanford
b381l
TAFC 5 1981
WeStillOwnUSC
U-Dub Gamecock
Regalcock
ReadR00ster
Cockypantherfan
75CarolinaFan
Sidney Rice Retiring (1105)
A good friend of min (554)
Dan Patrick Show - P (515)
ESPN Insider (408)
Pictures of older Co (356)
A Clowney Spotting? (303)
Places to eat in Con (213)
Bonefish Grill (195)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (153)
This Song is the F'i (143)
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Another A&M aggie off
Texags
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Ace suspended 4 games
Places To Eat In Beufort
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Christian Pellage
Sidney Rice Retiring From

Old 02-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default How much longer?

How much longer until we get to at least the NIT? I know its Martin's first year but some games are just too hard to watch, too many mistakes.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb
Default Re: How much longer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
How much longer until we get to at least the NIT? I know its Martin's first year but some games are just too hard to watch, too many mistakes.

I think we will make the NIT next season. There will be several new members of the team next season, and the players who return will be better.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #3
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Next season without a doubt
Old 02-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Next season...
Old 02-24-2013, 02:03 AM   #5
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

I agree with next season and the NCAA's in year 3.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:15 AM   #6
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

We will never make the NIT again
Old 02-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
We will. Even the really good programs go back to the NIT every now and then.

I hope this team has a new look next year. We will need Martin to sign three more players this spring to pull it out, or we will have to rely on Horn's recruits to fill out the roster next year. I am looking forward to Tyrone running the point, but he will need back up and we need forwards.

I think we need another juco or two to be successful next year. That could be the missing pieces of the puzzle.

I don't think we all realized how important a player Page was on this team, but he only had one year and this year is kaput.

We just seem to have a lot of players that don't seem to get it except for a few games a year. That doesn't cut it. When I saw Martin slam his fist into a chair yesterday, I knew he knew big changes must be made soon. This is been going on too long and even the die-hard fans are losing interest in the team. Another year of piss poor execution and missed lay ups and half our fan base(what's left of it) will be told by our doctors not to watch the games for health reasons.

Last edited by Travelin; 02-24-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #8
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
We will. Even the really good programs go back to the NIT every now and then.

I hope this team has a new look next year. We will need Martin to sign three more players this spring to pull it out, or we will have to rely on Horn's recruits to fill out the roster next year. I am looking forward to Tyrone running the point, but he will need back up and we need forwards.

I think we need another juco or two to be successful next year. That could be the missing pieces of the puzzle.

I don't think we all realized how important a player Page was on this team, but he only had one year and this year is kaput.

We just seem to have a lot of players that don't seem to get it except for a few games a year. That doesn't cut it. When I saw Martin slam his fist into a chair yesterday, I knew he knew big changes must be made soon. This is been going on too long and even the die-hard fans are losing interest in the team. Another year of piss poor execution and missed lay ups and half our fan base(what's left of it) will be told by our doctors not to watch the games for health reasons.
:) I have been a suffering USC basketball fan for many years. I am tired of it. Long been tired. In a way, it pains me to tell any of our current players that they are going to be replaced and they need to find someplace to go, but I am at the point that I think we need to replace some of the guys. As of right now, we are scheduled to have 6 of Horn's recruits on the team next year(not counting Ellington) and 7 of Martin's. Some of our problems may have already been solved by having Johnson, Thornwell, and McKie. Time will tell.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #9
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
I think we will. Now the big dance is another story.

If we're lucky enough to win 20 games next season, we'll be in the NIT.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #10
al hough
Walk On

Male

al hough is developing his combal hough is developing his combal hough is developing his combal hough is developing his combal hough is developing his combal hough is developing his combal hough is developing his combal hough is developing his combal hough is developing his comb

Just think about it, we have won 13 games so far having to play with very little talent and been close several times. If we had talent those close calls would have been wins. Coach Martin will win and win big with his recruits. I also hope he signs three more players for next year to replace those that are smart enough to see the hand writing on the wall!
al hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #11
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Wow, some of you people are so doom and gloom its not even funny. Basketball is the easiest of Tue big 3 to make huge improvements. You can go from garbage to the Dance with just one great recruiting class ... We're fine.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #12
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Thornwell, Johnson, and Ringer are going to help some but I agree .. Martin needs to get Frazier, Cook, and/or Henry to go along with those 3. We desperately need to upgrade our wings.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #13
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

It's year one of a coaching change.

I'll just wait and see.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #14
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

We need upgrades at every position to be honest. We are actually deep at SG, albeit with one-dimensional guys. Sindarius is quite an upgrade there even so, but I expect Sindarius to play mostly the 3 next year to allow one of our true 2's or Ellington to play minutes. Ty may be a good PG, have never seen him play. I'm sure he's better than the combo guards we have now. Ringer? He's not going to do anything better for us on offense than what we have now. Hopefully he can defend. LChat will be able to score more most likely.

Here's my depth chart for next year:
Ty then Ellington(don't think we need him) then Williams then Smith
Leonard then Richardson
Thornwell then Carrera
Slawson then Kacinas
LChat then Ringer/Geathers

Against smaller teams, I could see Ty, Richardson, Thornwell, Carrera, and Slawson starting. What I'd like to see is Slawson lose 20lbs and work on his outside stroke. If he wants a shot at playing international, he needs to accomplish this.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

If Martin signs either Henry, Cook, and/or Frazier .. someone or a handful of players aren't returning next year.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #16
RMCUSC
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 400
RMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his combRMCUSC is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
If Martin signs either Henry, Cook, and/or Frazier .. someone or a handful of players aren't returning next year.
I thought that was almost a given at this point
RMCUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #17
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Wow, some of you people are so doom and gloom its not even funny. Basketball is the easiest of Tue big 3 to make huge improvements. You can go from garbage to the Dance with just one great recruiting class ... We're fine.
I don't doubt for a minute Martin will get it done, I just want to see it sooner than later. If it is so easy, why haven't we had sustained success for sooo long? Even the NIT titles, appearances and wins don't mean a damn in the grand scheme of things.

When fans are saying wait til next year or the year after that for the last eight years before the season is over, those words tend to fall on deaf ears more time than not.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #18
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

leonard will not be back next year. and who is cook
Old 02-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #19
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
We need upgrades at every position to be honest. We are actually deep at SG, albeit with one-dimensional guys. Sindarius is quite an upgrade there even so, but I expect Sindarius to play mostly the 3 next year to allow one of our true 2's or Ellington to play minutes. Ty may be a good PG, have never seen him play. I'm sure he's better than the combo guards we have now. Ringer? He's not going to do anything better for us on offense than what we have now. Hopefully he can defend. LChat will be able to score more most likely.

Here's my depth chart for next year:
Ty then Ellington(don't think we need him) then Williams then Smith
Leonard then Richardson
Thornwell then Carrera
Slawson then Kacinas
LChat then Ringer/Geathers

Against smaller teams, I could see Ty, Richardson, Thornwell, Carrera, and Slawson starting. What I'd like to see is Slawson lose 20lbs and work on his outside stroke. If he wants a shot at playing international, he needs to accomplish this.
Slawson will not start. Leonard will not start and may not play. If Carrera does not start, he will play much. If we sign Frazier, he likely will start at PG until Johnson becomes eligible, then move to the 2G spot and probably start there.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #20
CardiacKemba
Banned

Male

CardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervous

Hopefully our next coach will get us there and/or to the Dance.
CardiacKemba is offline   Reply With Quote