CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
i29gman
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Spur's Addiction
sporkgod50
GH
GoldenSpur7
b381l
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1746)
The #AskEmmert Q& (532)
Stadium Ratings-Site (360)
Peach Bowl name retu (253)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (252)
Construction of Worl (251)
Save Electricity By (203)
HELP calculating acr (177)
How Experienced In P (113)
Salut Salon "We (60)
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB

Old 12-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Spurrier... Does he get to 100 wins?

SOS has 76 wins at Carolina... Does he stay around long enough to get 100 wins here? This would have been a pipe dream 3-4 years ago, but now looks possible...

Thoughts?
Old 12-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier... Does he get to 100 wins?

Yes because he has stated before he will be here as long as Connor Mitch is, so that leads me to believe he will be here for 100 and that Connor Mitch is our gem, and will end up starting next year. You don't say crap like that to a recruit as Steve Spurrier without knowing the guy is probably going to be your next Rex Grossman/Danny Wuerffel.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

I say most definitely. Calling it - he picks it up vs. Georgia in '16.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #4
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24997962
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

I think so.....No reason for him not to. He is at 76 in large part because of the last three years. 9 to 11 wins, if not more, a year and he gets there sometime in the next two years, 3 at the most........I hope he stays long enough to get 150 wins.

Gapo
Old 12-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

With a bowl win, he would have 77 going in to next season, putting him 23 away.

He could get that at the end of 2015, but I agree with Gaichon that it will more likely come in 2016.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #6
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Also, I know it's not the appropriate forum, but major congratulations to Dawn Staley for her 100th win as the women's coach. Seemed like it would be appropriate to mention it here since we were discussing SOS getting to 100.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #7
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

If he averages 6 SEC wins or more a year for the next 4 years, he'll get close to the Bear in all time SEC wins. I would think he would LOVE to get that record.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #8
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Also, I know it's not the appropriate forum, but major congratulations to Dawn Staley for her 100th win as the women's coach. Seemed like it would be appropriate to mention it here since we were discussing SOS getting to 100.
I really need to attend one of the girls' games... Dawn has got it going on.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #9
grannycock
Banned

Female

grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
If he averages 6 SEC wins or more a year for the next 4 years, he'll get close to the Bear in all time SEC wins. I would think he would LOVE to get that record.
Most SEC Wins

1. The Bear 159 (22 at KY and 137 at Bama)
2. The HBC 127 (Still active and counting 87 at UF and 40 at SC)

Saban is out there lurking with wins at Mich State, LSU and Bama and plenty of SEC wins at LSU and Bama and still active and counting.

That's some serious rarefied air being in those lists.

I still think the three best are The Bear, Gen Neyland and Spurrier and, for now, in that order. It could change. Saban is sure to make his mark even more before all is said and done.

Can Spurrier win 33 more SEC games before he retires? If he could average 5.5 a year for 6 years = 33 ... I dunno. He's signed through 2017. I think if he thinks he can make it when 2017 rolls around he might make a go for it - I dunno.

Can Saban pass both The Bear and The HBC before all is said and done?

And why does Saban not have a catchy nickname yet?

I think he's gonna get the record, I'm pulling for him.
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #10
BlueHerons
Recruit

Female

BlueHerons has feathers coming inBlueHerons has feathers coming in

HBC is having FUN!!

That is the most important thing I think. He's winning, he's surrounded by family, and he is having fun.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #11
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
SOS has 76 wins at Carolina... Does he stay around long enough to get 100 wins here? This would have been a pipe dream 3-4 years ago, but now looks possible...

Thoughts?
He will be here at least 3 more years. You can bank on that. You can also bank on 9 or 10 wins next year. So he will get there to 100 pretty easily. He told a mutual friend Sunday that he had more fun this year with this team than any other here. He feels really good about next year's team. I mean really good. What's to worry about?

Last edited by henmania; 12-02-2013 at 11:33 PM.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #12
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

He is starting to look younger, BUT I do not think he will get to the Bear's record
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #13
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

With the team he has now and the players coming in, there is no way he leaves before he gets 100.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #14
11SWU10
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 720
11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous

I hope he does it in 3 years. Say 39 wins, just dreaming.
Three years ago I would have been dreaming about 33 wins in 3 years. It may happen. 1 more!
Heck lets dream big!
11SWU10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #15
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Spurrier... Does he get to 100 wins?

3 to 4 more 10 or 11 win seasons and he will beat Bryant's record. I don't think he intended on staying that long but with the possibility of beating B.B. I think he stays and gets it.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:31 AM   #16
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannycock View Post
Most SEC Wins

1. The Bear 159 (22 at KY and 137 at Bama)
2. The HBC 127 (Still active and counting 87 at UF and 40 at SC)

Saban is out there lurking with wins at Mich State, LSU and Bama and plenty of SEC wins at LSU and Bama and still active and counting.

That's some serious rarefied air being in those lists.

I still think the three best are The Bear, Gen Neyland and Spurrier and, for now, in that order. It could change. Saban is sure to make his mark even more before all is said and done.

Can Spurrier win 33 more SEC games before he retires? If he could average 5.5 a year for 6 years = 33 ... I dunno. He's signed through 2017. I think if he thinks he can make it when 2017 rolls around he might make a go for it - I dunno.

Can Saban pass both The Bear and The HBC before all is said and done?

And why does Saban not have a catchy nickname yet?

I think he's gonna get the record, I'm pulling for him.
I personally think Spurrier will stick around until he passes Bear for most wins in the SEC. I also think Spurrier believes he can win a national championship at USC.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #17
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
He will be here at least 3 more years. You can bank on that. You can also bank on 9 or 10 wins next year. So he will get there to 100 pretty easily. He told a mutual friend Sunday that he had more fun this year with this team than any other here. He feels really good about next year's team. I mean really good. What's to worry about?
If true then that's pretty cool. He seemed to be pretty frustrated most of the year, up until about the 4th quarter of the Mizzou game actually.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #18
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Very possible. Spurrier will stay for at least three more years with Connor Mitch.
Let's say we win the bowl game (not a given I know) he would have 77.
Next year I see a bare minimum of 7 wins (84).
So if he only gets 7 wins each of the following two seasons, he will have 108 wins.

If he doesn't have 100 wins within the next three years, then the program really hit a wall.

I just hope we will have maybe 2 SEC titles over those years. God knows it is time to take that step.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #19
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I personally think Spurrier will stick around until he passes Bear for most wins in the SEC. I also think Spurrier believes he can win a national championship at USC.
I have no doubt we can...but let's focus on actually winning our conference first.
Not to be negative, but we really wasted an opportunity the last two seasons to get to Atlanta, and have no one to blame but ourselves for losing to a bad Auburn team and a bad UT team (even though they had arguably the best Oline in the conference and a senior laden defense).
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #20
jesse james
Recruit

Male

jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
So if he only gets 7 wins each of the following two seasons, he will have 108 wins.
Funny, I remember telling my brother when Spurrier came here that he had averaged over 9 wins a season in 15 years as a college coach and we had only had one 9 win season since 1892! We were both giddy at the prospect, but I also recall how concerned we were that we might also drag his average wins down . . .

Fast forward nine years and the HBC is averaging 8.44 wins per season in his tenure at Carolina (and over 9 wins a season since 2008)!
jesse james is offline   Reply With Quote