CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
ccured
sporkgod50
i29gman
The Yancey
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Thenardier
Spurticus
The #AskEmmert Q& (626)
Stadium Ratings-Site (556)
Peach Bowl name retu (320)
Construction of Worl (320)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (313)
Save Electricity By (284)
HELP calculating acr (237)
NBA Wants to Up Age (221)
How Experienced In P (168)
Salut Salon "We (89)
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Sweet Corn!!!
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Kelcy and Vic questioned
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton

Old 12-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
GUNTRUCK06
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
GUNTRUCK06 has feathers coming inGUNTRUCK06 has feathers coming inGUNTRUCK06 has feathers coming in
Default Clemson Fans whining about the 4th down,

I've got a couple of co-workers who are Clemson fans that have already trying to reason away thier loss with excuses. One example is the 4th down where they were called off sides. One claims the center moved his hand which would have been offensive offsides. I know the center barked out a signal but i didn't see the movement. Anyone got a link to a video that might show the play.
GUNTRUCK06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson Fans whining about the 4th down,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNTRUCK06 View Post
I've got a couple of co-workers who are Clemson fans that have already trying to reason away thier loss with excuses. One example is the 4th down where they were called off sides. One claims the center moved his hand which would have been offensive offsides. I know the center barked out a signal but i didn't see the movement. Anyone got a link to a video that might show the play.
Who cares? Don't indulge them. No amount of video will get those sour grapes to wash down.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 860000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

That is just this years excuse. Next year they will find another...
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

#9 was barely offsides when we stuffed them on 4th down. I thought it was a really well officiated game with the exception of needing a little bit more mobility. The UNC game was well officiated as well. SEC office of officials should be looking to poach some ACC crews.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
brat
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Laugh at them.

Tell them they got away with "The Push Off" for years and now we have "The Twitch".

Now they know how it feels. Get use to it.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Remind them of Rod Gardner. What he did was wayyyyyyyy more obvious than a flinch.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

You know whats at the heart of every excuse right?
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #8
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Just tell them that excuses are for losers.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #9
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

The best part is that they think them beating last years garbage Auburn team was a quality win...they must think they beat this years team.

They truly are the most delusional fanbase in the country.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #10
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

They should have been more concerned with stopping us on 3rd and 1 rather than 4th and 1.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #11
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

It evened out.
We had an offside against us with Sharrod.
Also had a BS incomplete with Shaq when he got interfered.

So no, losers blame officials, winners win anyway...just like we did Saturday.
Had a bad call, had a ref get in the way twice, and still found a way to win.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #12
lucas
Walk On

Male

lucas has hatched from the shell

I love how Clemsux fan are already talking about next year and saying the Dylan Thompson cant beat them. He already did in Clemson.
lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #13
jrussjr
4-Star

Male

jrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his combjrussjr is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
Just tell them that excuses are for losers.
That's why they are using them!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrussjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #14
impirius
Galactic Overlord

Male

impirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot material

Waldrop definitely moved his head when he was barking out a call on 4th down. I'm pretty sure that's what caused at least four of Clemson's turnovers.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #15
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNTRUCK06 View Post
Tell them he moved his thumb, we had been warning them about that move leading up to the game....LOL
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #16
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Tell them he moved his thumb, we had been warning them about that move leading up to the game....LOL
Haha nice
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #17
NinjaSven
Blue Chip

Male

NinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
Who cares? Don't indulge them. No amount of video will get those sour grapes to wash down.
True. They will only see what they want to see. They are using excuses so they don't have to come to terms with the bigger truths about their football program.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPit

He definitely moved, but you could only see it on the replay. Like my Dad always says...Did they call it offsides? Well then it wasnt offsides. Dabo's arguing is what cracked me up. Must be nice to have someone that does so little coaching and play calling that he has time during the game to yell and complain to the officials.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #19
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

Truth is, it was a bad call...I'm just happy we were on the right side of it. "The Twitch", I like that.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #20
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

If I am not mistaken, the snappier is allowed to do that

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote