CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
spareparts
Thenardier
3MTA3
ertman420
thekob
b381l
Master Bedroom
G&B
SCohioBoy
2001 vs Sandstorm (1210)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (1102)
Cunningham wants to (610)
Purple drank (457)
Horseshoes has been (232)
Clemson Georgia Game (232)
ESPN article on Clow (188)
Fumble party (171)
1964 World’s Fair (141)
Softball tops Georgi (139)
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Season Rankings Thread...
Cunningham wants to hear
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant

Old 12-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material
Default 2014 season bowl picture (no BCS)

Interesting read. If we're sitting at #8 this time next year we'll be looking at one of the top four bowls (Rose, Fiesta, Orange, Sugar) for sure. Committee will decide four playoff teams as well as the 8 teams in the 4 major bowls.

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2013/12/0...les-limit.html
Old 12-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 season bowl picture (no BCS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
Interesting read. If we're sitting at #8 this time next year we'll be looking at one of the top four bowls (Rose, Fiesta, Orange, Sugar) for sure. Committee will decide four playoff teams as well as the 8 teams in the 4 major bowls.

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2013/12/0...les-limit.html

Sure hope we've proven the chicken curse does not exist after the last three years but the "lifelong" Gamecock in me immediately thought "Just out luck. Happens the first year after we lose a ton of NFL talent." Hope that negative nelly thought is not correct LOL.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
uscandy
4-Star

Male

uscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaddy1847 View Post
Sure hope we've proven the chicken curse does not exist after the last three years but the "lifelong" Gamecock in me immediately thought "Just out luck. Happens the first year after we lose a ton of NFL talent." Hope that negative nelly thought is not correct LOL.
Our fanbase has some serious issues! Still talking about some stupid curse. I've never seen so many fragile and mentally weak fans.Awful!
uscandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #4
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Wait, I thought the first round of the playoffs would be held at those bowls on a rotating basis.

So, for example, the Rose Bowl Champs will Play the Sugar Bowl champs for the national championship. Then the other bowls will rotate.

Edit: just looked it up. I'm right.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:57 AM   #5
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

If we are in the top 8 we could be in the playoffs.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:40 AM   #6
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

The biggest benefit I see next year is the fact that the SEC will no longer be limited to 2 teams in the BCS/playoff bowls.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #7
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
The biggest benefit I see next year is the fact that the SEC will no longer be limited to 2 teams in the BCS/playoff bowls.
That would be great if the playoffs were determined by a hard formula, like the current BCS system, but the playoff participants will be selected by a committee. There is absolutely no way a committee composed of Clemson's AD, West Virginia's AD, Condoleeza Rice, etc. will pick 3 SEC teams for a 4 team playoffs. It's not going to be about selecting the 4 best teams; it's going to be about politics and "fairness".

Now, I guess the SEC is not limited in terms of bowls. Honestly, I'm completely confused about how the bowls will work once the playoff starts.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

One thing is for certain, we win every game and we will win the National Championship.

No more slip ups.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

I have SERIOUS doubts a committee next year would let us land in one of the major non-playoff bowls. I think this committee is an awful idea. What was wrong with the BCS formula? Why couldn't we just go to a playoff and use the BCS formula to decide the teams?

I GUARANTEE this committee will be all about the political correctness, give everybody a chance BS that we see all the time. NO WAY they'd give #8 Carolina a slot in one of the major bowls. I have ZERO doubt that Baylor, Michigan State, and Arizona State would get in before Carolina, because the committee wants to "spread the wealth" and Carolina would be the 4th SEC team.

Mark my words, this committee will be plagued by politics and is going to be no friend of the SEC.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #10
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

I hope we go to the Peach because I live in the Atl...
Old 12-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #11
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
One thing is for certain, we win every game and we will win the National Championship.

No more slip ups.
Ask 2004 auburn about the true of that statement...
Old 12-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #12
brat
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post
That would be great if the playoffs were determined by a hard formula, like the current BCS system, but the playoff participants will be selected by a committee. There is absolutely no way a committee composed of Clemson's AD, West Virginia's AD, Condoleeza Rice, etc. will pick 3 SEC teams for a 4 team playoffs. It's not going to be about selecting the 4 best teams; it's going to be about politics and "fairness".

Now, I guess the SEC is not limited in terms of bowls. Honestly, I'm completely confused about how the bowls will work once the playoff starts.
Exactly right. As long as humans are involved, nothing is going to be perfect.

I am not holding my breath in anticipation that next year and following years will be without much controversy in the final results.

If they do not throw away preseason polls and not do a ranking until midseason and use strength of schedule as a major factor, this is just putting lipstick on a pig.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #13
uscandy
4-Star

Male

uscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
I have SERIOUS doubts a committee next year would let us land in one of the major non-playoff bowls. I think this committee is an awful idea. What was wrong with the BCS formula? Why couldn't we just go to a playoff and use the BCS formula to decide the teams?

I GUARANTEE this committee will be all about the political correctness, give everybody a chance BS that we see all the time. NO WAY they'd give #8 Carolina a slot in one of the major bowls. I have ZERO doubt that Baylor, Michigan State, and Arizona State would get in before Carolina, because the committee wants to "spread the wealth" and Carolina would be the 4th SEC team.

Mark my words, this committee will be plagued by politics and is going to be no friend of the SEC.

Old Carolina mentality again rears its ugly head!
uscandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #14
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I just saw on Twitter that the Capitol One Bowl wants to see SC vs. Wisconsin due to the two schools have never played one another before.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #15
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post

Yep
Old 12-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #16
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I just saw on Twitter that the Capitol One Bowl wants to see SC vs. Wisconsin due to the two schools have never played one another before.
I saw that tweet. I don't think that necessarily means that's what they want, they were just pointing it out.

I hope that isn't what happens.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #17
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

WAY TO EARLY.

Can't we get past this bowl season before projecting the next one?
Old 12-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #18
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post

No more slip ups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
Ask 2004 auburn about the true of that statement...
Wake up, JAYBEZ. It isn't 2004.

We go undefeated next year and we will win the NC.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #19
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
Exactly right. As long as humans are involved, nothing is going to be perfect.

I am not holding my breath in anticipation that next year and following years will be without much controversy in the final results.

If they do not throw away preseason polls and not do a ranking until midseason and use strength of schedule as a major factor, this is just putting lipstick on a pig.
A 16 team playoff format is the only answer, and then they would find a way to ruin it.

But, you have to play the game as it is. Bama, UF and Aubie ain't complaining.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #20
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
WAY TO EARLY.

Can't we get past this bowl season before projecting the next one?
Yes... I mean half the people on here are arguing about which bowl we should go to.
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote