CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
ertman420
usc90grad
spareparts
MWard
Cunningham wants to (1291)
ESPN article on Clow (965)
Clemson Georgia Game (777)
Mangus now coaching (336)
Can Tennessee get to (255)
Chick Redefines the (218)
Truly Inspiring (195)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (176)
Spread vs. aTm (174)
New Led Zep releases (165)
The Bama series
Mangus now coaching TEs
2015 - Taj Griffin
Playstation 4
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Davon Durant
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It
2 Crazy things

Old 12-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Fake Mandela Sign Language Interprerter is Actually a Lunatic

JOHANNESBURG — The man accused of faking sign-language while standing alongside world leaders like President Obama at Nelson Mandela’s memorial service said Thursday he saw “angels” at the event, has been violent in the past and suffers from schizophrenia.

Thamsanqa Jantjie said in a 45-minute interview with The Associated Press that his hallucinations began while he was interpreting and that he tried not to panic because there were “armed policemen around me.” He added that he was once hospitalized in a mental health facility for more than one year.

Jantjie, who stood gesticulating 3 feet from Obama and others who spoke at Tuesday’s ceremony that was broadcast around the world, insisted that he was doing proper sign-language interpretation of the speeches of world leaders. But he also apologized for his performance that has been dismissed by many sign-language experts as gibberish. “I would like to tell everybody that if I’ve offended anyone, please, forgive me,” Jantjie said in his concrete home in a low-income Johannesburg neighborhood. “But what I was doing, I was doing what I believe is my calling, I was doing what I believe makes a difference.” “What happened that day, I see angels come to the stadium … I start realizing that the problem is here. And the problem, I don’t know the attack of this problem, how will it comes. Sometimes I react violent on that place. Sometimes I will see things that chase me,” Jantjie said. “I was in a very difficult position,” he added. “And remember those people, the president and everyone, they were armed, there was armed police around me. If I start panicking I’ll start being a problem. I have to deal with this in a manner so that I mustn’t embarrass my country.” Asked how often he had become violent, he said “a lot” while declining to provide details.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
markp_vip
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fake Mandela Sign Language Interprerter is Actually a Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post

JOHANNESBURG — The man accused of faking sign-language while standing alongside world leaders like President Obama at Nelson Mandela’s memorial service said Thursday he saw “angels” at the event, has been violent in the past and suffers from schizophrenia.

Thamsanqa Jantjie said in a 45-minute interview with The Associated Press that his hallucinations began while he was interpreting and that he tried not to panic because there were “armed policemen around me.” He added that he was once hospitalized in a mental health facility for more than one year.

Jantjie, who stood gesticulating 3 feet from Obama and others who spoke at Tuesday’s ceremony that was broadcast around the world, insisted that he was doing proper sign-language interpretation of the speeches of world leaders. But he also apologized for his performance that has been dismissed by many sign-language experts as gibberish. “I would like to tell everybody that if I’ve offended anyone, please, forgive me,” Jantjie said in his concrete home in a low-income Johannesburg neighborhood. “But what I was doing, I was doing what I believe is my calling, I was doing what I believe makes a difference.” “What happened that day, I see angels come to the stadium … I start realizing that the problem is here. And the problem, I don’t know the attack of this problem, how will it comes. Sometimes I react violent on that place. Sometimes I will see things that chase me,” Jantjie said. “I was in a very difficult position,” he added. “And remember those people, the president and everyone, they were armed, there was armed police around me. If I start panicking I’ll start being a problem. I have to deal with this in a manner so that I mustn’t embarrass my country.” Asked how often he had become violent, he said “a lot” while declining to provide details.
So he's not a fraud after all, just a schizophrenic with violent tendencies. What a relief.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Hooray the vetting process
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 1065800
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

I don't care what anybody says, this guy has a large pair and they are made of brass.
etowngangsta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

I'm glad he was on the same podium as the world's leaders, dignitaries, and presidents. Definitely amazing security there. Too bad he didn't have a complete, full-blown mental breakdown on the spot
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
markp_vip
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
I'm glad he was on the same podium as the world's leaders, dignitaries, and presidents. Definitely amazing security there. Too bad he didn't have a complete, full-blown mental breakdown on the spot
The funny thing is, I doubt he was even the craziest person on stage that day.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Imagine if he went apt shyt on stage...tried to strangle or even shoot a world leader. Just amazing how lax security apparently was.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

so were the speakers
Old 12-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #9
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Imagine if he went apt shyt on stage...tried to strangle or even shoot a world leader. Just amazing how lax security apparently was.
...yeah....THAT is what we're all saddened by.

sure.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #10
GamecockSHEP
fatfunnyguy.blogspot.com

Male

CockyCash: 36110
GamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot material

Mental illness isn't anything to joke around about. Can't be helped and gross under managed.
GamecockSHEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #11
Wingman
Gamecock baseball fan

Male

Wingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPitWingman rules the CockPit

I doubt the mental illness defense. Sounds to me like an excuse.

I found the episode mildly amusing. However, the security aspect is nothing to sneeze at.

The secret service's response was pathetic. Basically, they said 'It's not our job.' to vet the signer. Technically correct but they have a duty to vet anyone physically close to the prez.

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #12
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

Just can't believe that nobody asked any questions. Did he just get up and start signing? Everybody just assumed that somebody else knew who he was? The whole thing is crazy!
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #13
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Hey...He IS legit.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #14
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

He should have had fun with it... Did the Macarena, YMCA, and Gangham Style... I would have watched.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #15
taylorssc
Swag Out

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Secret Service must be out hunting international poon again. Can't wait to see what SNL does with this.
taylorssc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #16
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Every circus needs a clown.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #17
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 3683
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Cool guys, lets make fun of someone with mental disabilities. Real stand up people in here. Class at its best.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #18
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
The funny thing is, I doubt he was even the craziest person on stage that day.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:47 AM   #19
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
Cool guys, lets make fun of someone with mental disabilities. Real stand up people in here. Class at its best.
Neal, don't think you understand our intent. The interpreter isn't the butt of our jokes; the clowns were all those 'expert' security forces who allowed this to happen.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 3683
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPat View Post
Neal, don't think you understand our intent. The interpreter isn't the butt of our jokes; the clowns were all those 'expert' security forces who allowed this to happen.
I know yours is but definitely not everyone. Hell, look at the thread name.