CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
3MTA3
WeStillOwnUSC
Thenardier
rosstheboss
Spurrier_Superior_On
Spurticus
Luke Skycocker
catdaddy66
CWall2001
b381l
2001 vs Sandstorm (1210)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (1102)
Cunningham wants to (610)
Purple drank (457)
Horseshoes has been (232)
Clemson Georgia Game (232)
ESPN article on Clow (188)
Fumble party (171)
1964 World’s Fair (141)
Softball tops Georgi (139)
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2001 vs Sandstorm
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Season Rankings Thread...
Cunningham wants to hear
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Name a Gamecock

Old 12-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
TS-45 Gamecock
Earning a Scholly

Male

CockyCash: 200
TS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudly
Default Musical's secretly liked by dudes.

Going with the theme of popular movies that everyone hates, I though I would start a thread about musical's that dudes secretly enjoy:

Here is my list.

1. The Sound of Music - Julie Andrews nuff said.
2. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
3. My Fair Lady
4. Singin in the rain.

For the ladies: Movies your guys complain about watching but you know he secretly likes.

TS-45 Gamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0
Default Re: Musical's secretly liked by dudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS-45 Gamecock View Post
2. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
That is a good one. I also like Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and The King and I.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #3
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Little Shop of Horrors

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #4
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Les mis

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

Book of Mormon
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Sweeney Todd

Newsies

Wicked

Shakeaspeares complete works (abridged)

Moonwalker
Old 12-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

1) West Side Story

2) Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

3) A Chorus Line (and there's nothing wrong with that lol)

4) Moulon Rouge
Old 12-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Jesus Christ Superstar

INTENSE!!!

Hair flying all over the place, smokin hot hippie chicks WHO ARE CHRISTIANS, pipes, bongs, and rolling papers at the Last Supper (also implied, in the song lyrics, is they ate mushrooms), and a BITCHIN soundtrack with weird songs with all sorts of impossible time signatures, heavy HEAVY riffage like a cross between a 1969 version of Jane's Addiction and Mars Volta... PLUS you have an INSANE amount of trippy dashiki-wearing scantily-clad hippie chicks walking around Israel stoned out of their frickin minds PRAISING THE NAME OF JESUS.

Deal with it

THIS is the dubbed-in version of Ian Gillian (who was the singer for Deep Purple) on vocals - MUCH better version when he hits that high note like Robert Plant

There was also some involvement by the drummer for the Grateful Dead and David Crosby or something.

EDIT: The lead guitarist for the album was originally with Joe Cocker's band

The other guitarist jammed with Paul McCartney as a solo artist and also played with Humble Pie, Fairport Convention, and eventually Stealers Wheel

The keyboard/piano player jammed with Clapton for a while

The drummer was the drummer from Joe Cocker's band from Woodstock and played with Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood

The bass player played with freakin EVERYONE during that time, Frampton, Joe Cocker, and Ted Nugent among others

Last edited by spareparts; 12-14-2013 at 01:42 PM.
spareparts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #9
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

1. Phantom of the Opera
2. West Side Story
3. The Sound of Music
4. 7 brides for 7 brothers
5. Led Mis
6. Fiddler on the Roof

To be honest, I grew up having to watch most of these, so I learned early on to focus on the historical aspect of them, though, I usually don't mind that it's a musical.
Give a larbage, throw out your garbage.
Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #10
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
1. Phantom of the Opera

Beat me too it. That soundtrack is absolutely incredible.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #11
palmettosc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
palmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
1. Phantom of the Opera
2. West Side Story
3. The Sound of Music
4. 7 brides for 7 brothers
5. Led Mis
6. Fiddler on the Roof

To be honest, I grew up having to watch most of these, so I learned early on to focus on the historical aspect of them, though, I usually don't mind that it's a musical.
Never knew Zeppelin did a musical.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #12
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Beat me too it. That soundtrack is absolutely incredible.
It really is an awesome soundtrack. I remember listening to it as a kid on car rides with my parents. Rocking out to a tape of Phantom of the Opera haha.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #13
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I know I'm old, but I kind of liked "Hair" (NOT "Hairspray!) and "Tommy"
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #14
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

My Fair Lady is the greatest musical ever created. Anything done by Andrew Lloyd Webber is good. Saw Wicked last year and it was good. Mel Brooks The Producers is classic. A Chorus Line, The Fantastics, and all of the old classics that gave rise to the Great American Songbook. I got hooked on these when I was in school in Europe and saw Lila Kedrova and Judi Dench do Cabaret at the Palace theater in London in 1968.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #15
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I still like west side story.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #16
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Urinetown.

Random plug for my USC club time. I'm in a musical theater organization here at Carolina called "Off Off Broadway". As students we write, direct, and perform our own reviews each semester. Our last review "Off Off Brothel" raised over 500 dollars for the Polaris Project, an organization committed to end human trafficking.

Even though I'm a straight guy, I love being in this club. The music is alright, but there is about 60 of us, with 4/5 of our members being girls, with many of them in sororities! It has quickly become my family here at Carolina.

Next semester we'll be writing our own review again and doing Legally Blonde as a musical.
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #17
TS-45 Gamecock
Earning a Scholly

Male

CockyCash: 200
TS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudlyTS-45 Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
My Fair Lady is the greatest musical ever created. Anything done by Andrew Lloyd Webber is good. Saw Wicked last year and it was good. Mel Brooks The Producers is classic. A Chorus Line, The Fantastics, and all of the old classics that gave rise to the Great American Songbook. I got hooked on these when I was in school in Europe and saw Lila Kedrova and Judi Dench do Cabaret at the Palace theater in London in 1968.
I can't disagree with you on on My Fair Lady. It is in the top 3 but for my money The Sound of Music is the greatest ever created.

I mean come on man, Julie Andrews...Mary freaking Poppins. I gotta a little thing for Julie Andrews.

Trivia for you: Marni Nixon was the singing voice for Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady. She also dubbed voices on the King and I and West Side Story.

Julie Andrews man, Julie Andrews..

TS-45 Gamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #18
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

The Best Little Whore House in Texas

The Producers
Old 12-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #19
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

The Wire: The Musical

Old 12-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #20
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

"Hedwig and the Angry Inch"