CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
ReadR00ster
Singaporecock
sporkgod50
usc1
2000grad
ktguen
3MTA3
markp_vip
jrussjr
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Larenz Bryant update (876)
Hillsborough (540)
2015 - Chris Clark (473)
2016 - Greg Little (470)
Joeckel Transfering (466)
UK's Whitlow to tran (455)
Bamberg High School (311)
USC Tartan Unvieled (257)
Its April 15th and i (256)
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Jameis Winston's Accuser
A'ja Wilson
purchasing football ticke
Need Bama-USC Tickets (Ba
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Larenz Bryant update?
MLS Atlanta
UK's Whitlow to transfer

Old 12-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Connor Shaw (SEC Q&A)

I noticed Barrett Sallee asked people to submit questions on twitter for a Q&A on SEC Football. I wanted to ask something he might respond to and give some credit where credit is due, even though most of us already know why.

Travelin @lorickj @BarrettSallee Why so few accolades for Connor Shaw this year?
4:18 PM - 19 Dec 2013

You can read his response by clicking on the link.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ntinue-in-2014

Barrett Sallee is the lead SEC CFB Writer for @bleacherreport and analyst on @csssports' SEC Tonight
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly
Default Re: Connor Shaw (SEC Q&A)

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
Pretty much hit the nail on the head.
He did. Especially by saying we didn't go to ATL. That would have changed everything, especially if we won the SECCG.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
tgobbel
Semper Fi

Male

Location: From Greenville, SC Now I live in, Southern Indiana
CockyCash: 200
tgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudly

Regardless of the other QB's mentioned; I'd take CS all day long. I believe he's by far the best fit for USC and has led our team to heights none of us have experienced.
'Life is one big road, with lots of signs, so when you're ridin' through the ruts, don't ya complicate your mind, flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy, don't bury your dreams, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live.'
--RNM

tgobbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #5
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgobbel View Post
Regardless of the other QB's mentioned; I'd take CS all day long. I believe he's by far the best fit for USC and has led our team to heights none of us have experienced.
This is a good point. Shaw fits perfectly the zone read plays. But i feel like spurrier would change his offense to fit our QB. Next year will be a different style.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'd take Manziel with Shaw's attitude.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #7
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
The same writer that responded to the question yesterday, followed it up with this piece today.

Shaw Should Be Remembered as an Elite College QB.

Quote:
He's a player who's played through injuries throughout his career, put his team ahead of his own well-being at times and led by example.
Should he be in the same company as Georgia's Aaron Murray, Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel and Alabama's AJ McCarron, all of whom either will or likely will move on to the NFL after this season?

Absolutely.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ite-college-qb
Old 12-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #8
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

his numbers tailed off the 2nd half of the season cept for the mizzou game. going into the tennessee game he had as good of a case as anyone. his rating was top 2 in the conference, his total offense was top 2 in conference games. i still think he was very deserving, he should have at least gotten an ap honorable mention along with mettenberger, marshall, and mccarron . his 18 td 1 int in sec play may never be matched.

phil steele did put connor on his 3rd team all sec squad, so at least somebody is appreciative of his play. apparently si.com made him an honorable mention all america.

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2013/12/2...sec-first.html
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #9
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 20450
Mechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talonsMechanical Cock has developed his gaff and talons

The NFL makes their own judgements. Im sire they trust the media less than the folks on this board.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #10
CockyCody
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 803
CockyCody is making other chickens nervousCockyCody is making other chickens nervousCockyCody is making other chickens nervousCockyCody is making other chickens nervousCockyCody is making other chickens nervousCockyCody is making other chickens nervousCockyCody is making other chickens nervousCockyCody is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
This is a good point. Shaw fits perfectly the zone read plays. But i feel like spurrier would change his offense to fit our QB. Next year will be a different style.
It may not. IMO I think someone not named Dylan gets the position.
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote