CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
Singaporecock
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
usc1
2000grad
ktguen
3MTA3
markp_vip
jrussjr
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Larenz Bryant update (876)
Hillsborough (540)
2015 - Chris Clark (473)
2016 - Greg Little (470)
Joeckel Transfering (466)
UK's Whitlow to tran (455)
Bamberg High School (311)
USC Tartan Unvieled (257)
Its April 15th and i (256)
Jameis Winston's Accuser
A'ja Wilson
purchasing football ticke
Need Bama-USC Tickets (Ba
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Larenz Bryant update?
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
MLS Atlanta
UK's Whitlow to transfer
Joeckel Transfering from

Old 01-01-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Steve Spurrier is having fun!

Old 01-02-2014, 01:23 AM   #2
USC_The_Cheetah
Walk On

Male

USC_The_Cheetah has earned his spursUSC_The_Cheetah has earned his spursUSC_The_Cheetah has earned his spursUSC_The_Cheetah has earned his spursUSC_The_Cheetah has earned his spursUSC_The_Cheetah has earned his spurs
Default Re: Steve Spurrier is having fun!

Thank you for posting this.

The Corner Has Been Turned ~ Go Gamecocks!
USC_The_Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:40 AM   #3
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

When he's having fun, a lot of other coaches are not.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:50 AM   #4
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Coach Steve Spurrier can take 11 players of equal talent and play any D/C in the country and SOS will win 9 out of 10 times because he STILL IS ONE OF THE BEST OFFENSIVE MINDS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL! I hope that he stays another 10 years and builds our program into a SEC Power to be in contention year in and year out.

I also hope the USC SCHOOL PRESIDENT AND ATHLETIC DIRECTOR SEE THAT Steve Spurrier deserves to be paid as much as any other SEC Coach now. I am sure that SOS will divide it up between his assistants and other coaches of other sports at USC because that is the type of man that he is. But we really need to pay him more money, even if he says he does not want anymore. Pay him and let him put it where he wants too, which will most likely be spread out like I stated above. Just stop and remember how our program use to be and how we would be glad to just finish with a 7-4 record and Coach Spurrier has our team to the point where we can play with any team in the nation and have a pretty good chance of winning the game. Could not say that before he got here!!!!

dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:00 AM   #5
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
Coach Steve Spurrier can take 11 players of equal talent and play any D/C in the country and SOS will win 9 out of 10 times because he STILL IS ONE OF THE BEST OFFENSIVE MINDS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL! I hope that he stays another 10 years and builds our program into a SEC Power to be in contention year in and year out.

I also hope the USC SCHOOL PRESIDENT AND ATHLETIC DIRECTOR SEE THAT Steve Spurrier deserves to be paid as much as any other SEC Coach now. I am sure that SOS will divide it up between his assistants and other coaches of other sports at USC because that is the type of man that he is. But we really need to pay him more money, even if he says he does not want anymore. Pay him and let him put it where he wants too, which will most likely be spread out like I stated above. Just stop and remember how our program use to be and how we would be glad to just finish with a 7-4 record and Coach Spurrier has our team to the point where we can play with any team in the nation and have a pretty good chance of winning the game. Could not say that before he got here!!!!

Spurrier is putting the money where he wants it. Have you seen the master plan? He doesn't need it in his own pockets
Old 01-02-2014, 02:08 AM   #6
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

He has fun when he wins.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:10 AM   #7
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Nice
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:10 AM   #8
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
Spurrier is putting the money where he wants it. Have you seen the master plan? He doesn't need it in his own pockets

No, I have not seen the master plan, but my point was to make him get paid what other Top SEC Coaches are making and allow him to put it where he wants too. If they are (Athletic Dept) already has a plan for this, then excuse me for posting this. I am just so happy for us (Gamecock Nation) and for what SOS has done to get us there, I just think that he ought to get paid accordingly with other coaches. Some coaches that have not done what he has done are being paid more money or they are having more money thrown at them. I just would like to see SOS be paid at or near what some of the other top coaches are getting. I am sure that SOS has more money than he can spend, but that's not my point. If USC is paying him $3.5 million and some new coach at Miss State can and is getting $4 million, the give SOS $5 million and allow him to do with it what he wants. That's all I want to see.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:49 AM   #9
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Anyone else notice Spurrier in the post game award ceremony? Some pretty funny moments with the microphone being passed around.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:12 AM   #10
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Damn Imma Miss you Connor. Anyone else notice how Steve Spurrier.. man he loves that guy
Old 01-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #11
jfbreb94
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Steve is our legend. Forever thankful to this man.
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:52 AM   #12
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
Coach Steve Spurrier can take 11 players of equal talent and play any D/C in the country and SOS will win 9 out of 10 times because he STILL IS ONE OF THE BEST OFFENSIVE MINDS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL!
I love SOS and all he has done for USC, but this is asinine. His offenses have struggled mightly. Our success is for our great defenses.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #13
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

"Bruce, you don't to play basketball in Russia, do ya?" I laughed my ass off :)
Old 01-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #14
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

IMO. I think Conner has been the best QB weve had,counting the fact he is a great leader, And a classy act.If he goes pro thats great, but I wish he would go in coaching like his dad but at a higher level.
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #15
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Coach got SWAG.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #16
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
I love SOS and all he has done for USC, but this is asinine. His offenses have struggled mightly. Our success is for our great defenses.
We have a good defense far from great. Also i agree with the other poster i think Spurrier can hang with the best of them.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:59 AM   #17
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

"Ask Bruce one"

"Coach this one is for you"

"Go ahead Bruce"

When are these idiots going to learn how to approach the HBC?

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #18
Cockyteg
4-Star

Male

Cockyteg has hatched from the shell

great video

Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #19
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I still can't figure out what he was trying to imply by Bruce leaving? Is he trying to get him to stay?
Old 01-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #20
brat
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
I still can't figure out what he was trying to imply by Bruce leaving? Is he trying to get him to stay?
SOS is telling Bruce, you have a future in the NFL, but no real future in basketball.

Unlike Dabo, he would be excited if Bruce could leave for the NFL right now.