CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
B-G
Gamecocks1137
ConwayGamecock
Interesting quotes f (2086)
Have you ever been s (1313)
Tennessee Offense Br (830)
Key for 2015 defense (802)
Women's Team Ranked (534)
Skai Moore out for U (488)
This season and recr (449)
Lebron makes Clevela (355)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (244)
For all the uniform (205)
Skai Moore out for UT
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In

Old 01-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Acock's Wrap Up: Wisconsin

Well, that was fun! Forgive the late posting, I got back from Florida late Saturday night and yesterday was my day of rest (seriously, I crashed out yesterday). The vacay was GREAT, got to watch my Gamecocks win another Cap 1 bowl, got to go to Disney, and I five-bombed an incredible amount of Clemson fans driving home from the Orange Bowl. Knowing I tinted their joy with Garnet sadness made me happy. Thanks to the Gamecock Club's dumb-ass ticket policy my seats were in the upper corner of the weird end zone stands behind the band. A two yard gain looked like 10 from that angle. Horrible. I couldn't really evaluate everything until I watched the game later on my DVR.

My last wrap up of the year.

Be gentle.

OFFENSE
QB: A+

If you run for a TD, catch a TD, and throw for three, you get an A+. My daughter will one day brag about seeing Connor play in person. Legend.

RB: B
The OL (and Wisky's defense) shares part of the blame here, but it's obvious that Davis isn't healthy. Hopefully he'll heal up in the offseason and have the kind of year next year that wins him a Heisman. Wilds ran well in his limited role and did a nice job of playing the H-back roll when called upon. We missed Connor McLaurin A LOT.

WR/TE: A
Bruce and Shaq just owned Wisky's secondary. Yes, we couldn't stop the run, but likewise they simply had no answer for these two. We got decent production from the TE position and Nick had a pretty good game too. If Byrd had been healthy and we could have stretched the field even more Connor might have thrown for 400 yards.

OL: B
Not a bad job overall, but Wisconsin's d-line is not a fearsome unit and our guys could never really impose their will on them. Watching their o-line truck our linebackers while ours never really touched theirs was painful. Still some work to be done here.

DEFENSE
DL: C

Pass rush? Good. Run defense? Bad. Wisconsin has one of the best offensive lines we've seen all year, but I've never seen us physically handled the way they did with us. Losing Sutton, Clowney, and Quarles is going to hurt guys, we've been spoiled to the point where next year some folks are going to be angry.

LB/Spur: C
The 4th quarter saved this from being a D. All game long Wisconsin's pulling guards met and destroyed our LBs (at least the ones that hit the right gap). I mean, just from an pure football fan standpoint, watching their guards pull was a thing of beauty, the timing was perfect. Then...in the 4th, our LBs finally figured it out. We started run blitzing, crashing down off the edge and shooting the gaps left by the pulling guards. The result was that we finally shut down their running game. Oh, Skai Moore will be an All American before he leaves here. Mark it down.

CB/S: B
Weren't asked to do much more than run support, which they did well. Speaking to a Wisky fan after the game, he expressed surprise at the way we set up our defense. Usually teams would stack the box and dare their QB to beat them (because he can't, basically). We, on the other hand he claimed, played a standard 4-3 zone coverage and somehow still managed to have the safeties come up for run support. He said he was very surprised by our team speed on defense. I replied that he didn't know much about football, as we don't run a 4-3. I then explained the concept of a Spur to him. I closed with 'SEC.'

SPECIAL TEAMS
Overall: F

One time in college I was carrying around 18 hours. That might not seem like a lot to you guys, but to me it was the most hours I had ever taken, and three of those classes were three-hour long studio art classes. It was brutal. For about a two week-stretch, I began missing one of my 8am classes. Either I'd worked late the night before, or I needed to go down to the shop to fabricate a sculpture project...either way I just somehow missed it for two straight weeks. So much so that missing it became routine. After the second week of missing the course I resolved to drop it...and then PROMPTLY FORGOT ABOUT THE COURSE. I mean... I didn't even think of it again until about 3 weeks later when I saw the textbook and realized in horror that I had forgot about it. It was past the drop date, so I was screwed. I found the professor's office hours, explained the situation to him, apologized, and asked if there was ANYTHING I could do.

He thought for a moment and said, "I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to give you an F. Honestly, I'd really love to be able to give you a different grade, but the truth is F is the lowest grade I can possible give you. I'd give you a Z if I could, but F is as low as they'll go."

Apparently our team has forgotten that special teams is part of the game of football, and F is as low as I can give.

COACHING
Overall:
B

Either we're simply not talented enough to stop Wisconsin's running game, or we didn't game-plan for it well enough. The truth is probably somewhere in-between. Offensively we had a decent game plan, but our own inability to run the ball cost us greatly. Hey, I'm not complaining we won the game, but we struggled more than I thought we should.

On the plus side, Spurrier is having fun. When he's having fun, other teams aren't.

INTANGIBLES
Overall:
A

We beat the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Big 10, and did so by taking over the 4th quarter. They rushed a little above their average, but the defense did hold them to 17 points, which is well under their scoring average. If not for sucky special teams play, the win would look much more convincing.

The amazing thing is this... how incredibly consistent have we been over the last three years? It's almost like watching the same season over again and again. If we keep going 11-2, I'll take it. Hopefully we can keep it up again next year and finally make it to Atlanta again.

It's time we won this thing.

FINAL THOUGHTS

I don't know about you, but in enjoyed this season immensely. Yes, it's easy to look back at the Tennessee and UGA games and say "what if", but that's really the wrong way to look at it. The right way to look at it is that we've reached an elite status. We're right up there with 'Bama, Oregon, Stanford, and other teams that have won 10+ games for the last three years. It's a small list, and it's a great time to be a Gamecock fan.

It's also paying off for us in a big way. We've gotten a lot of national recognition lately, and our recruiting continues to improve. We've got SEC depth now, and it's just a matter of time before we put it all together.

These next few years will be fun, and I fully expect Spurrier to retire...right after winning the national title.

It's coming folks.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Kuhn
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
Kuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudly
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Wisconsin

great post as usual. I give STs a F-.
Our LBs, except for Moore were horrid. #21 might be the most blocked player in USC history
Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:39 PM   #3
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Pretty spot on! I will argue the LB/spurs deserve a C+ for the 4th qtr pics alone. Other than this, you nailed it.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #4
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Into the intangibles, I would add "heads-up play." Picks on deflections, Bruce's tip, awareness. The guys were on the sport several times and made great plays.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #5
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
One time in college I was carrying around 18 hours. That might not seem like a lot to you guys, but to me it was the most hours I had ever taken, and three of those classes were three-hour long studio art classes. It was brutal. For about a two week-stretch, I began missing one of my 8am classes. Either I'd worked late the night before, or I needed to go down to the shop to fabricate a sculpture project...either way I just somehow missed it for two straight weeks. So much so that missing it became routine. After the second week of missing the course I resolved to drop it...and then PROMPTLY FORGOT ABOUT THE COURSE. I mean... I didn't even think of it again until about 3 weeks later when I saw the textbook and realized in horror that I had forgot about it. It was past the drop date, so I was screwed. I found the professor's office hours, explained the situation to him, apologized, and asked if there was ANYTHING I could do.

He thought for a moment and said, "I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to give you an F. Honestly, I'd really love to be able to give you a different grade, but the truth is F is the lowest grade I can possible give you. I'd give you a Z if I could, but F is as low as they'll go."
This is a recurring nightmare I have, and I will probably have it again tonight.

Thanks Acock.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #6
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

Don't forget Bruce as MVP. Sorry, Connor.
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #7
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

After reading your write up, I find nothing to disagree with. The biggest issue I have is, "Why expect a better outcome next year?"

1. Offense:

You can argue we will be fine here. Maybe we will even improve a little from an OL standpoint, but QB will be a wash at best. We are certainly in a better spot than others in the country when it comes to our backup but Shaw was amazing at the end. WR, we have some young guys who need to step up. Tight End is still a strength we need to find again. Running backs, we will be even better next year in my opinion with Davis, Wilds, Williams as the main three.

2. Defense:

I can't see us being better here. I know we have a lot of young guys who will have valuable experience and another year in a college S&C program, but we are losing a great deal of talent that especially helped us pressure the QB. Almost the entire 2 deep gone for CB's, 3 new starters on the DLine. The bright spot of the defense may be the Linebackers in terms of skill and depth, but as you said that means we need to be aggressive from the middle of the field which opens up some opportunities for short passing games. We finished 3rd overall defense in the SEC this year, I just don't see how we replicate the production on the Defensive Line from a pressure standpoint.

3. Special Teams:

I honestly believe Damier Byrd has single-handedly kept up the illusion of our kickoff coverage for awhile now. Something needs to change here, and fast.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:42 PM   #8
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Special Teams play has been a roller coaster ride all season. I'm sure this has been discussed, but why is it that Div III teams can get a guy who can kick it to the end zone, or at least keep it between the hash marks, and we, a top 10 team in Div I, can't seem to find that guy recently. WTH?
Old 01-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #9
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

agreed about the st..joe robinson may have been something at lsu but he Is a joke now. a total embarrassment. we need to do what we all have discussed here and agreed upon. and that is to give that title to spurrier. he will fix it.

j/k
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #10
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Well, that was fun! Forgive the late posting, I got back from Florida late Saturday night and yesterday was my day of rest (seriously, I crashed out yesterday). The vacay was GREAT, got to watch my Gamecocks win another Cap 1 bowl, got to go to Disney, and I five-bombed an incredible amount of Clemson fans driving home from the Orange Bowl. Knowing I tinted their joy with Garnet sadness made me happy. Thanks to the Gamecock Club's dumb-ass ticket policy my seats were in the upper corner of the weird end zone stands behind the band. A two yard gain looked like 10 from that angle. Horrible. I couldn't really evaluate everything until I watched the game later on my DVR.

My last wrap up of the year.

Be gentle.

OFFENSE
QB: A+

If you run for a TD, catch a TD, and throw for three, you get an A+. My daughter will one day brag about seeing Connor play in person. Legend.

RB: B
The OL (and Wisky's defense) shares part of the blame here, but it's obvious that Davis isn't healthy. Hopefully he'll heal up in the offseason and have the kind of year next year that wins him a Heisman. Wilds ran well in his limited role and did a nice job of playing the H-back roll when called upon. We missed Connor McLaurin A LOT.

WR/TE: A
Bruce and Shaq just owned Wisky's secondary. Yes, we couldn't stop the run, but likewise they simply had no answer for these two. We got decent production from the TE position and Nick had a pretty good game too. If Byrd had been healthy and we could have stretched the field even more Connor might have thrown for 400 yards.

OL: B
Not a bad job overall, but Wisconsin's d-line is not a fearsome unit and our guys could never really impose their will on them. Watching their o-line truck our linebackers while ours never really touched theirs was painful. Still some work to be done here.

DEFENSE
DL: C

Pass rush? Good. Run defense? Bad. Wisconsin has one of the best offensive lines we've seen all year, but I've never seen us physically handled the way they did with us. Losing Sutton, Clowney, and Quarles is going to hurt guys, we've been spoiled to the point where next year some folks are going to be angry.

LB/Spur: C
The 4th quarter saved this from being a D. All game long Wisconsin's pulling guards met and destroyed our LBs (at least the ones that hit the right gap). I mean, just from an pure football fan standpoint, watching their guards pull was a thing of beauty, the timing was perfect. Then...in the 4th, our LBs finally figured it out. We started run blitzing, crashing down off the edge and shooting the gaps left by the pulling guards. The result was that we finally shut down their running game. Oh, Skai Moore will be an All American before he leaves here. Mark it down.

CB/S: B
Weren't asked to do much more than run support, which they did well. Speaking to a Wisky fan after the game, he expressed surprise at the way we set up our defense. Usually teams would stack the box and dare their QB to beat them (because he can't, basically). We, on the other hand he claimed, played a standard 4-3 zone coverage and somehow still managed to have the safeties come up for run support. He said he was very surprised by our team speed on defense. I replied that he didn't know much about football, as we don't run a 4-3. I then explained the concept of a Spur to him. I closed with 'SEC.'

SPECIAL TEAMS
Overall: F

Apparently our team has forgotten that special teams is part of the game of football, and F is as low as I can give.

COACHING
Overall:
B

Either we're simply not talented enough to stop Wisconsin's running game, or we didn't game-plan for it well enough. The truth is probably somewhere in-between. Offensively we had a decent game plan, but our own inability to run the ball cost us greatly. Hey, I'm not complaining we won the game, but we struggled more than I thought we should.

On the plus side, Spurrier is having fun. When he's having fun, other teams aren't.

INTANGIBLES
Overall:
A

We beat the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Big 10, and did so by taking over the 4th quarter. They rushed a little above their average, but the defense did hold them to 17 points, which is well under their scoring average. If not for sucky special teams play, the win would look much more convincing.

The amazing thing is this... how incredibly consistent have we been over the last three years? It's almost like watching the same season over again and again. If we keep going 11-2, I'll take it. Hopefully we can keep it up again next year and finally make it to Atlanta again.

It's time we won this thing.

FINAL THOUGHTS

I don't know about you, but in enjoyed this season immensely. Yes, it's easy to look back at the Tennessee and UGA games and say "what if", but that's really the wrong way to look at it. The right way to look at it is that we've reached an elite status. We're right up there with 'Bama, Oregon, Stanford, and other teams that have won 10+ games for the last three years. It's a small list, and it's a great time to be a Gamecock fan.

It's also paying off for us in a big way. We've gotten a lot of national recognition lately, and our recruiting continues to improve. We've got SEC depth now, and it's just a matter of time before we put it all together.

These next few years will be fun, and I fully expect Spurrier to retire...right after winning the national title.

It's coming folks.
Thanks for the write up.

I have a question. Do the names Woody and Formo mean anything to you?

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #11
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 11349
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Thanks for the write up.

These two, no?

roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #12
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Great write up as usual...thanks bro.

And I'm 47 but thinking about walking on for our special teams next season. Something tells me I might make the squad.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #13
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

A magical post from a magical season by a magic man. Try to understand, try to understand. Try try try to understand, he's a magic maaayaaan, yaay yaay yeaaaah, uuuuunnhhhh.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:51 PM   #14
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Spot on. Thanks for this and all the wrap ups this season.

Gotta agree with you. We got the talent and are up there in the elite/legit category. It's only a matter of time before we see something special. It's great to be a gamecock!

Also... It is cool to say that I saw Connor live in his last game ever. And possibly his best!
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #15
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:

Acock, This is exactly what I was talking about the other day in the crashbox thread...the last part quoting the professor would have been great all by itself and I don't know if most people would have included the first part. The whole thing together makes the story dynamite and relatable. Good Stuff....good write up also.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #16
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

great write up as usual
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #17
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Thanks all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Thanks for the write up.

Yeah, they do. Woody had a story about me that he used to tell incoming students as a "don't be like this guy" kind of thing. I didn't hear about it until later, when I was interviewing a USC grad about a job, we swapped stories and then she told a story that Woody told each incoming student about a kinetic sculpture assignment.

I sheepishly told her that was me. I was that guy.

I hated to hear about his passing a couple of years ago.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #18
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Thanks all!

Yeah, they do. Woody had a story about me that he used to tell incoming students as a "don't be like this guy" kind of thing. I didn't hear about it until later, when I was interviewing a USC grad about a job, we swapped stories and then she told a story that Woody told each incoming student about a kinetic sculpture assignment.

I sheepishly told her that was me. I was that guy.

I hated to hear about his passing a couple of years ago.
Ha-ha, kinetic sculpture. Woody, God rest his soul, was a great dude. He was making silver, helium baloon sculptures when I was his student in the late 1970s. He liked the moving sculptures, but maybe the kinetic energy sculpture was a bit much.

Formo was his contemporary who taught Egyptian glass blowing sculpture.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #19
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Yes, I had one class with Formo before the closed down the glass blowing studio. Hate that because I really, REALLY wanted to do the glass blowing.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #20
CliffordII
Walk On

Male

CliffordII has hatched from the shell
Unhappy DOES JOE ROBINSON NEED TO GO ? Re: Acock's Wrap Up: Wisconsin

You went: agreed about the st..joe robinson may have been something at lsu but he Is a joke now. a total embarrassment. we need to do what we all have discussed here and agreed upon. and that is to give that title to spurrier. he will fix it.

August, 2013: We had a Thursday game (N. Carolina) and all coaches had the time to watch our NEXT opponent (UGA) do a FAKE punt (against Clemson) on that ensuing Saturday night. Well, all and all, our Gamecock coaching staff had TEN DAYS to prepare and OUR PLAYers ARE NOT READY/NOT IN POSITION WHEN UGA DOES AN ONSIDE KICK on the following Saturday ?
Not only does the Carolina SPECIAL TEAMS's non-readiness lead directly to 3 valuable points for our opponent at Athens, but our non-readiness also helped momentum UGA into halftime.

The gassed CAROLINA DEFENSE ALSO had to come right back onto the field. after a td drive, after that very same onside kickoff. Sure enough, later in the game, the defense was noticeably out of physical (and emotional) gas in the last 8 minutes. And so, UGA simply run the ball down our throats for 8 final minutes.
SHOULDN'T JOE ROBINSON BE HELD HIGHLY ACCOUNTABLE for this unexplainable lack of preparation ?
Again HE HAD T E N D A Y S TO PREPARE HIS HORSES !!

Spurrier had said Robinson won't be able to recruit much. Well, at least he should start doing his job for the many special team poor showings, shouldn't he ????!
CliffordII is offline   Reply With Quote