CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Order 66
snruter amabon
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
wumarshall82
Spur's Addiction
spareparts
HeadCockFan
Yearofthegamecock
Cockyteg
Can it get any bette (1280)
Auburn Stealing Sign (1175)
Funny Golf Story Abo (971)
I used to like bush (910)
Defense Tackles (860)
Boo This Man... (801)
georgia rewind... (714)
SEC East vs. SEC Wes (438)
Stay focus (387)
Stadium improvement (365)
Places to watch Carolina
Winston
Good crowd for volleyball
Where to Watch the Game i
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
2016 - Collin Hill
Boo This Man...
uniforms saturday
Stadium improvement idea
**official Vandy predicti

Old 01-22-2014, 11:35 PM   #1
uncc21
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
uncc21 has feathers coming inuncc21 has feathers coming in
Default Brenton Williams

What a great player. He is so unselfish.

Last edited by uncc21; 01-23-2014 at 11:55 AM.
uncc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:09 AM   #2
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brenton Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncc21 View Post
This guy just doesn't get it. As a senior, you think he would be a team player. All he looks to do is shoot. I have seen him several times this year on 1 on 2 or 1 on 3 fast breaks and try to go to the hole instead of looking for teammates. He is a 3 point spot up shooter at best in college and needs to know his role. Lucky that Martin doesn't pull him in my opinion. Mckie, thornwell, and shaw should be the starting guards in my opinion. I could be wrong though, but probably not.

:wo
cool story
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:17 AM   #3
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Please just temper your expectations for this year and next. Your not going to build this Basketball Program overnight. This year just expect to struggle because that is reality. FM will build it but its going to take at least 2 more recruiting classes.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:19 AM   #4
11SWU10
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 720
11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous

Agree! Ability but poor decisions repeatedly. I did Martin impressions with some of his decisions.
I would lose bringing Mckie along. He seems to have a solid upside.
The guy does not like to give the ball up. Missed a number of chances to hit teammates for open 3s.
I hate to beat up on players. Never should, they are kids but I have to agree.
11SWU10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:19 AM   #5
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

SC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
This guy just doesn't get it. As a senior, you think he would be a team player. All he looks to do is shoot. I have seen him several times this year on 1 on 2 or 1 on 3 fast breaks and try to go to the hole instead of looking for teammates. He is a 3 point spot up shooter at best in college and needs to know his role. Lucky that Martin doesn't pull him in my opinion. Mckie, thornwell, and shaw should be the starting guards in my opinion. I could be wrong though, but probably not.

Why did would you put emoticons on that?
Old 01-23-2014, 12:38 AM   #6
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

The reason he doesnt pass it up on the break is so that he can get to the line where he is automatic
Old 01-23-2014, 12:46 AM   #7
11SWU10
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 720
11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous

He...He...He
The guy can shoot free throws but who is going to hustle down to watch him play by himself.
If you want a friend you gotta be a friend. Share the ball when it is the right thing to do.
Getting old time for bed.
11SWU10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:57 AM   #8
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

The way the game is refereed now you should always attack the rim. The problem is not him at all. The problem is the fact that this team can not make layups or grab rebounds. Also our guys don't seem to grasp the new rules on defense. It is even more imperative now to play with your feet not your hands
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:22 AM   #9
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
The way the game is refereed now you should always attack the rim. The problem is not him at all. The problem is the fact that this team can not make layups or grab rebounds. Also our guys don't seem to grasp the new rules on defense. It is even more imperative now to play with your feet not your hands
The problem is not missing layups. The team gets to the free throw line on about 75% of their layup attempts. It's tough to make a layup when you get fouled. Our problem against UGA was a couple things:

1) UGA shot unbelievably well from 3 after shooting 28% all season from 3
2) We just don't seem to be able to get defensive rebounds
3) We foul way too much.
baitandswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:22 AM   #10
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:

I really don't think you get it. McKie and Shaw are not better options than Brenton. Brenton finished the game last night 4-7 from 3 and 6/11 overall. ... He makes free throws which is what we need him to do. McKie has barely seen mop up duty this season and for some reason you think McKie is a better option? You're delusional.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #11
uncc21
Walk On

Male

uncc21 has feathers coming inuncc21 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitandswitch View Post
I really don't think you get it. McKie and Shaw are not better options than Brenton. Brenton finished the game last night 4-7 from 3 and 6/11 overall. ... He makes free throws which is what we need him to do. McKie has barely seen mop up duty this season and for some reason you think McKie is a better option? You're delusional.
How many turnovers did he have? Scoring isn't everything. Sharing the ball is how you win games
uncc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:19 AM   #12
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

I thought Chatkevicuis would be better this year. I think he may have been better last year.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:27 AM   #13
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

This young team is fine. They need to get tougher and rebound the ball.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #14
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

This inflammatory post is, frankly, uncalled for; especially in the wake of an 18-point performance on the road in which Brenton went 4-7 from behind the arc.

That being said, please continue with your penetrating deductions.
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #15
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitandswitch View Post
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #16
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilchCock View Post
This inflammatory post is, frankly, uncalled for; especially in the wake of an 18-point performance on the road in which Brenton went 4-7 from behind the arc.

That being said, please continue with your penetrating deductions.
Points aren't everything.
Did he play good defense...did he pass the ball, did he play his role?
Or did he go out and get his at the expense of the team?
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:22 PM   #17
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

There is not some secret formula to have success at basketball. For a team to win it must start from the basics and build on that. Boxing out, rebounding, ball movement, communication on offense and defense, hustling, taking care of the ball... all of these things must be done and done well before we can start progressing.

I played freaking church league ball growing up and this stuff is taught... how do these kids playing college ball not understand you have to do the basics?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #18
TwoNotch Dreams
4-Star

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Brenton probably suffered from his lone year on that Horn team, where a lot of players developed losing habits. He's a decent player and could probably be a solid 3rd guard at a winning program. I feel bad for him and LaKeem because they were really the only Horn guys who tried their all each night. Bruce too, but he was a wreck after he tried to balance two sports.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #19
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

Quote:
How many turnovers did he have? Scoring isn't everything. Sharing the ball is how you win games
Brenton had 2 turnovers. Probably ought to look at stats before posting. Thornwell had 5 by the way.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:02 PM   #20
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
There is not some secret formula to have success at basketball. For a team to win it must start from the basics and build on that. Boxing out, rebounding, ball movement, communication on offense and defense, hustling, taking care of the ball... all of these things must be done and done well before we can start progressing.

I played freaking church league ball growing up and this stuff is taught... how do these kids playing college ball not understand you have to do the basics?
Bill Simmons begs to differ.

I don't know if you're being serious comparing yourself to college basketball players at USC. If you are please don't even bother responding because you're delusional.