CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
johnnyb
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
ucan'tlickourcocks
QCB
markp_vip
taylorssc
l^l^lBGCock
ChickenButt
Gamecocks321
No Comments on the H (1365)
Call of Duty: Advanc (433)
Freshman ND WR " (430)
Keeping tailgate foo (232)
Good Riddance to bad (228)
Vote For Cocky (204)
Things They Should H (196)
An A to Z of Noah We (119)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (25)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (11)
NCAAF: BYU @ BOISE STATE
NCAAF: TEXAS @ KANSAS STA
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
So Disappointed With The
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI STATE
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ A
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MICHIGA
NCAAF: WEST VIRGINIA @ OK
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
NCAAF: VANDERBILT @ MISSO

Old 01-23-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly
Default Jim Harbaugh: I think great things will happen for Marcus Lattimore

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

Running back Marcus Lattimore had what amounted to a redshirt year for the 49ers in 2013.

Lattimore practiced for a few weeks in December, but was otherwise rehabbing from a major knee injury that ended his final year at South Carolina and left him available for the 49ers to draft in the fourth round. Lattimore reiterated this week that he thought he could have played at the end of the season if the 49ers needed him to play and coach Jim Harbaugh said Tuesday that Lattimore’s work this season has him heading in the right direction.

“I believe so, yes. I think this has been an outstanding year for Marcus. Tough at times, but I think great things will happen for him,” Harbaugh said, via CSNBayArea.com.

Those feelings could impact the 49ers’ approach to the offseason. If they really feel that Lattimore is ready to step in and have great things happen, Frank Gore’s time in San Francisco could be running short. Gore, who turns 31 in May, is set to make $3.3 million next season and is coming off a postseason that saw him run 48 times for 164 yards. That includes a 39-yard scamper against the Panthers, so the majority of Gore’s work was on the unimpressive side and that could lead to a changing of the guard in the 49er backfield.
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1050
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jim Harbaugh: I think great things will happen for Marcus Lattimore

I think he needs a season of light fill in work as a backup to get back in the right state of mind and get his confidence back.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #3
roosterdave
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1106
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
I think he needs a season of light fill in work as a backup to get back in the right state of mind and get his confidence back.
Agree. They can rotate Gore, James and Lattimore and get the same if not better production from the running game.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #4
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
Glad coach Spurrier didn't have that coaching philosophy.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #5
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

It is going to be great to see him run again. With a whole year to rest up and rehab that knee, no strain, no stress, he will be back to 100% no doubt. We are talking about Lattimore after all.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:27 PM   #6
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I think they have to drop Gore.

He counts 6.45 million to them next year. You go with Marcus, Dixon, and hunter. It gives them money to resign Boldin and Whitner.

Last edited by Regalcock; 01-23-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Regalcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #7
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
I think they have to drop Gore.

He counts 6.45 million to them next year. You go with Marcus, Dixon, and hunter. It give them money to resign Boldin and Whitner.
I agree, Gore was their feature back but he is getting older. I could tell in the championship game he was slower, sluggish, the seasons are beginning to take their toll on him. I understand he is a great back, and he could probably play some more next year. From a business standpoint you have to think, what is the best thing to do for your team, and making Gore a FA is probably the best. Free up that extra cap and then get your newest feature back Lattimore some reps. I believe Harbaugh really sees Marcus as their next franchise back.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:58 PM   #8
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1050
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lattimore View Post
Worked out well rushing back didnt it?

You only get so much time in college, with SF's current runningback situation, they can afford to let him heal up to 100% AND ease him into a bigger role in the offense.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #9
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

What are the chances Gore retires this year?
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #10
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I doubt it. He would want a contract he could retire on but the 9ers are not going to give that to him. A few other teams might give him a four yr deal.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #11
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Old 01-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #12
AlshonLattimore
Walk On

Male

AlshonLattimore is sharpening his clawsAlshonLattimore is sharpening his clawsAlshonLattimore is sharpening his clawsAlshonLattimore is sharpening his clawsAlshonLattimore is sharpening his claws

No way Gore retires. He still has some tread left on the tires, but I agree its time for the 49rs to move on. Latti and James are younger and can do the exact same things Gore can. Latti especially has great hands and can be a bruising inside runner as well. Ive always liked Frank but its time for him to move on to another team and play another year or two before retiring.
AlshonLattimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:08 PM   #13
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lattimore View Post
Are you serious? Had he filled in light last year and stayed...ooooo Mike D. and Marcus full go this season could have been amazing, and Marcus never loses to UGA.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:11 PM   #14
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle View Post
Are you serious? Had he filled in light last year and stayed...ooooo Mike D. and Marcus full go this season could have been amazing, and Marcus never loses to UGA.
If, could, would, should. Just wasn't in the cards.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #15
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material

2013 was for easing back.

2014 is for making moves.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #16
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

lol, Frank Gore didn't have a good game against the Seahawks in the NFC Championship game, therefore he must go to the glue factory!
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:28 PM   #17
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
lol, Frank Gore didn't have a good game against the Seahawks in the NFC Championship game, therefore he must go to the glue factory!
That's absolutely not the argument. Everyone knows Gore is getting older
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #18
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
Do you think he is worth 6 and a half million for this coming year?
Old 01-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #19
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

He's already collected his guaranteed money.
I say they cut him and bring him back at a lower price, apparently be wants to end his career as a 9er.
B-G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:20 PM   #20
GSC2013
4-Star

Male

GSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudlyGSC2013 is crowing loudly

Kapernick/Lattimore in the read option is going to be big time
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote