CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Yearofthegamecock
gamecock88
TAFC 5 1981
LeeSC
SpurProsecutor
Kentucky prediction (1976)
Just Booked my Hotel (1330)
Best position coach (693)
So What? (663)
The New Idea That'll (651)
Waldrop doubtful for (583)
We Have A New KO Guy (458)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (386)
So What? (245)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (238)
If we loose to Kensucky..
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
Thoughts on the basketbal
Best position coach or co
What fish do you eat
I'm over the loss, but...
Kentucky prediction
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
UK promoting a blackout f
Looking for 2 for Kentuck

Old 02-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Unhappy Groom DUI kills his bride after wedding reception

Sad

By mobile, no link

Quote:
CANTON, Ga. A Georgia man is facing charges in a crash that killed his newlywed wife as they drove back from their wedding reception.

Georgia State Patrol officials say 28-year-old Ryan Quinton is charged with driving under the influence, vehicular homicide, reckless driving and failure to maintain lane in the Dec. 29 crash that killed 25-year-old Kali Dobson. Authorities say Quinton's blood-alcohol level was 0.114. Georgia's legal limit to drive is .08 percent.

Cherokee County sheriff's Lt. Jay Baker says Quinton was released from jail on $25,000 bond Wednesday night.

Officials have said Quinton was trying to avoid hitting a dog and Dobson was ejected from the vehicle when it veered off the road.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
spareparts
Banned

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Re: Groom DUI kills his bride after wedding reception

Here is a link with lots of photos of the couple

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...reception.html
Old 02-27-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Damn, that is sad. He has to live with that for the rest of his life. Shame.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #4
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Damn, that is sad. He has to live with that for the rest of his life. Shame.
He should have to live with that for the rest of his life in a jail cell you mean.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:37 PM   #5
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
He should have to live with that for the rest of his life in a jail cell you mean.
I didn't think I needed to point out the obvious, but yes your right.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #6
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

He looks about 250lbs...so it is possible he drank about 8 alcoholic drinks in maybe a 3-4hr span in order to reach .114
Old 02-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #7
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Speed or something else had to have been a factor. He was not drunk. Sad either way.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #8
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I know it is his fault and he is going to have to live with this the rest of his life. However, what was she doing not wearing a seatbelt?! She probably wouldn't be dead if she were wearing one.

I'm sorry but not wearing a seatbelt is one of the dumbest things you can do.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:32 PM   #9
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Terrible story.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:43 PM   #10
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

I would have a hard time living with myself if this happened
Old 02-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #11
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Surprised it doesn't happen more often. I've been to several weddings where the bride and groom...and rest of the wedding party...we're wasted.

I was in a wreck on my wedding day but it wasn't alcohol related. Just two dumbass teenagers that almost got killed when they blew a stop sign and pulled right in front of me.
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:50 PM   #12
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
Speed or something else had to have been a factor. He was not drunk. Sad either way.
Yeah, there was another factor. She wasn't wearing a seatbelt. If she was, she probably would be alive considering she would be in the truck rather than the truck on top of her.

I know we get mad at the husband for drinking and driving but this could have been prevented. Even if he hadn't been drinking, this still may have happened since he swerved to miss the dog.

May this be a reminder to everyone - wear your seatbelt when you're in a car!!!

Let's be clear here - she died because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt, not because he husband was drinking. That may have been a factor in his decision making and how he reacted to the dog. However, that wasn't why she died. A truck landed on top of her and killed her because she wasn't inside of it!
Old 02-27-2014, 08:50 PM   #13
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Wear your seatbelt people!
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:50 PM   #14
spareparts
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Surprised it doesn't happen more often. I've been to several weddings where the bride and groom...and rest of the wedding party...we're wasted.

I was in a wreck on my wedding day but it wasn't alcohol related. Just two dumbass teenagers that almost got killed when they blew a stop sign and pulled right in front of me.
Glad you made it
Old 02-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #15
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

feel bad for the dude. he shouldn't have been drinking and driving. she should have been wearing a seatbelt. a decent attorney will get it knocked way down if not thrown out. A blood test has to be done with in 3-4 hours after the wreck for an accurate blood test. I wonder how long after long after the wreck was blood taken. anyway sad situation
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:11 PM   #16
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talonsInletCock1989 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Wear your seatbelt people!
Yeah, when multiple people that I know would've died if wearing a seatbelt. Hush that junk up
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #17
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
Yeah, when multiple people that I know would've died if wearing a seatbelt. Hush that junk up

I'm curious. Please elaborate.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:42 PM   #18
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

Terrible story.

I find it odd that the groom was driving home from his own wedding reception. Seems like that's just asking for trouble. Isn't it expected that the bride and groom are going to be drinking alcohol at their own wedding reception? Why wouldn't you have a limo, or at least a sober driver, driving them after the reception? I've never been to a wedding reception where the groom or bride drove themselves afterwards.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:55 PM   #19
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
I'm curious. Please elaborate.
I actually know three people that are alive because of not wearing seatbelts. two were in one accident and the third in another accident. The first one was when I was in high school. Dude destroyed his CJ7. That Jeep was twisted in the middle with the back axle where the rear seat should have been. The Jeep ended up catching fire and exploding fairly quick. He and his passenger where thrown from the jeep and the first responders all said they would have never made it out before the fire and explosion.

The other kid was thrown out of the t-top of 300z. That car got sandwiched nobody would have survived that accordion.

Granted both of these vehicles were older and not as safe as today standards and i in no way advocate not wearing a seat belt
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:09 PM   #20
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Holy crap that's awful.