CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Gamecockswag
b381l
cocksmith1or11
NAGamecockFan
The Yancey
Travelin
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
l^l^lBGCock
Freshman ND WR " (1089)
Good Riddance to bad (562)
The Comeback & T (431)
Bashing Players, coa (414)
Keeping tailgate foo (365)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (362)
An A to Z of Noah We (260)
TeMarcus Blanton (195)
Wallpaper & Back (156)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (151)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Simple "yes" or
Auburn game
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Why I think we beat Aubur
Battlefield 4
The Comeback & The Bl
Who start on the d line t
Rest of the season predic

Old 03-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material
Default Frank Martin news conference at 2:45

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/allaccess/?media=439254
Old 03-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material
Default Re: Frank Martin news conference at 2:45

If he doesn't talk about his suspension, even when prompted, someone should tell him to "answer the ****ing question, asshole"
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:44 PM   #3
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
If he doesn't talk about his suspension, even when prompted, someone should tell him to "answer the ****ing question, asshole"
Nice.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material

"Nobody tells me to answer the question!........ Except Ray Tanner, of course."

Old 03-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #5
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
Yikes!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:28 PM   #6
evilpoptart
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
evilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

I missed his opening comments but Im listening to the Q&A with reporters.

Heres the paraphrasing

-He basically said he was grateful for Tanner to be his boss and that this issue was self inflicted
-He thinks its time for himself to mature
-I care too much about my players, and I need them as much as they need me
-I embarrassed my family, specifically mentioned wife and mother
-(asked what happens if this happens again) we didnt discuss that and if it does Martin is the only one to blame
-He doesnt think his attitude negatively impacts recruiting
-said it needs to be clear that he is wrong and this is his fault
-he says he works at the university and he understands he has a duty to conduct himself a certain way
-I dont let my players swear, if they swear in my presence Im not happy
-I ask my players to mature, I need to mature too
-I cant do anything else other than apologize
Old 03-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #7
ApexCock
Recruit

Male

ApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spursApexCock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpoptart View Post
I missed his opening comments but Im listening to the Q&A with reporters.

Heres the paraphrasing

-He basically said he was grateful for Tanner to be his boss and that this issue was self inflicted
-He thinks its time for himself to mature
-I care too much about my players, and I need them as much as they need me
-I embarrassed my family, specifically mentioned wife and mother
-(asked what happens if this happens again) we didnt discuss that and if it does Martin is the only one to blame
-He doesnt think his attitude negatively impacts recruiting
-said it needs to be clear that he is wrong and this is his fault
-he says he works at the university and he understands he has a duty to conduct himself a certain way
-I dont let my players swear, if they swear in my presence Im not happy
-I ask my players to mature, I need to mature too
-I cant do anything else other than apologize

Thanks,

Let us all pull for Martin, I hope we can all put this behind us and move on...
ApexCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #8
evilpoptart
Game MVP

Male

evilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

Frank Martin is a good coach and he needs time. He didnt create the mess that is our basketball team. And him being hard on his players is nothing that a lot of coaches do including Ray Tanner when he was our baseball coach. Unfortunately Martin got caught going ballistic by the TV cameras. Nothing different than what Spurrier does. When Martin starts winning 20+ games a year, this will be long forgotten.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #9
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

Oh, like all you people are perfect.
beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #10
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

He apologized. BOOOOOO!!!
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #11
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

It kind of sounded like he was trying to bring up the fact that he is Hispanic to make people feel sorry for him.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #12
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

I thought he owned up to his faults pretty good. He didn't blame anyone else or act like it didn't happen ...... I have met Frank and talked to him many times and personally think he is a great guy and the man to turn our program around. I have made many mistakes as I am sure you all have but I unlike Frank don't always except the blame as easily he did. Way to Man Up Frank.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #13
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Nm
Old 03-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #14
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Not sure what it is with some people.. they seem to feel they are above people... I think it's the fact they can hide behind a keyboard. I'm always amazed by people that are willing to cast doubts on others without looking first within themselves. As sports fans we believe coaches and sometimes players should be perfect.

Glad that some of you would just much rather see the man leave then see if he can actually do something with the team, or do what he feels needs to be done for himself. These are the bad type of fan unfortunately every university has.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
— ABRAHAM LINCOLN.
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:54 PM   #15
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot materialMt. Lattimore is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpingamecock View Post
Not sure what it is with some people.. they seem to feel they are above people... I think it's the fact they can hide behind a keyboard. I'm always amazed by people that are willing to cast doubts on others without looking first within themselves. As sports fans we believe coaches and sometimes players should be perfect.

Glad that some of you would just much rather see the man leave then see if he can actually do something with the team, or do what he feels needs to be done for himself. These are the bad type of fan unfortunately every university has.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
— ABRAHAM LINCOLN.
Or blindly follow a coach who disrespects the game, its players, and fans.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:55 PM   #16
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Guess we had quite a few angels posting in these two Frank Martin threads.

'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.'

Last edited by OldPat; 03-07-2014 at 05:06 PM.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:55 PM   #17
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Truthfully, the only thing that will change this man's behavior is if He turns his life over to Jesus Christ...asks Him for forgiveness and the power to change. He will give him the strength and will to change.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:55 PM   #18
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:

— ABRAHAM LINCOLN.
Well said! pts.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #19
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lattimore View Post
Or blindly follow a coach who disrespects the game, its players, and fans.
lol disrespects the game, it's players, and fans... that's funny stuff... here till next thursday?
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #20
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
lol disrespects the game, it's players, and fans... that's funny stuff... here till next thursday?
pg, are you a carpenter? You hit that nail squarely on the head. LOL.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote