CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
rrsandersjr
Gaichon
ChickenButt
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Freshman ND WR " (717)
Call of Duty: Advanc (495)
Good Riddance to bad (410)
Keeping tailgate foo (295)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (260)
An A to Z of Noah We (177)
The Comeback & T (146)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (70)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (68)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MI (67)
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Bashing Players, coaches,
Why I think we beat Aubur
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Texas athletic director:
Rest of the season predic
So Disappointed With The

Old 03-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #1
Alum2012Teacher
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Alum2012Teacher has hatched from the shell
Default Alumni Decal - Mods Feel Free To Move

Has anyone noticed the Clemson stickers with the C and the year of graduation in them?

As much as I hate to give them props in any aspect of higher academics, I do like these stickers.

Is there one for us alum of SC that has the same level of recognition and uniformity as the tater's?

Thanks in advance.
Alum2012Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:32 PM   #2
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alumni Decal - Mods Feel Free To Move

I don't know. I sure wish there was though. I have always thought that was something neat Clemson has.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:26 AM   #3
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Contact Dr. Pastides if that is something you'd like see get done. He takes all suggestions like this very seriously.

I, too, have always admired those stickers. Would be nice to have the same.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:29 AM   #4
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

That sticker is the same thing that's on their class rings. We do have stickers that have the same thing as our class rings as well.

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #5
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Anyone got a pic of their stickers?
Old 03-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #6
GTjacketcock
Hell of an Engineer

Male

GTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Anyone got a pic of their stickers?
Here is what Clemson's look like:

I really like those decals too and have thought about what USC could do to incorporate the graduation year into one of the school logos and make a car decal out of it. The best I can come up with is this, though the numbers are probably too small to even be noticed without being close:
Attached Images

My sign from Gameday at the Horseshoe
GTjacketcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:20 AM   #7
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
RoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudly

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was a cool idea.

I really like that execution, GT. That would look sharp.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:22 AM   #8
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTjacketcock View Post
Here is what Clemson's look like:

I really like those decals too and have thought about what USC could do to incorporate the graduation year into one of the school logos and make a car decal out of it. The best I can come up with is this, though the numbers are probably too small to even be noticed without being close:

I would buy one. I like how you placed graduation year into it.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #9
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Here is what Clemson's look like
Thanks for posting....and that looks cool. Like the one you came up with much more than the Clem5on one.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #10
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I really like the way that looks GT.

I have never seen a sticker that represents both our class ring as well as year of graduation the same way that Clemson's does.

Someone really should shoot Pastides an email on this. GTJacket's concept I think would be seriously considered. Or something similar to it at least.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #11
GTjacketcock
Hell of an Engineer

Male

GTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPitGTjacketcock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
I would buy one. I like how you placed graduation year into it.
I'm graduating in May, maybe my class can be the first to get one of these decals. Another possibility that would be easier to make into a small decal could be something like this:
Attached Images

My sign from Gameday at the Horseshoe

Last edited by GTjacketcock; 03-20-2014 at 11:30 AM.
GTjacketcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:11 PM   #12
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I'm digging both of those designs.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #13
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

I wish we would push a standard ring the way Clemson does as well. We have so many designs out there even though there is an official ring, our rings are not as recognizable.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #14
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Hmm...I think I like the second design better. Someone send it on to Pastides.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:43 PM   #15
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm graduating in May, maybe my class can be the first to get one of these decals. Another possibility that would be easier to make into a small decal could be something like this:
I always thought that logo looked like a zebras butt. But hey, it's our butt. So, I'm OK with it. Good job on the design.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #16
GoCocks09CSOL
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 239530
GoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his comb

That first picture posted by GTjacketcock and I assume what the OP is talking about is almost an exact copy of the alumni stickers that College of Charleston has been using for a long time.

They are a big "C" just like that with the year numbers in the same spot. I've seen some on cars around here that go back to 2003. And I've seen these stickers ever since I moved to Chucktown about six years ago.

So, go figure that Clemmons would copy CofC almost exactly.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #17
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCocks09CSOL View Post
That first picture posted by GTjacketcock and I assume what the OP is talking about is almost an exact copy of the alumni stickers that College of Charleston has been using for a long time.

They are a big "C" just like that with the year numbers in the same spot. I've seen some on cars around here that go back to 2003. And I've seen these stickers ever since I moved to Chucktown about six years ago.

So, go figure that Clemmons would copy CofC almost exactly.
Are you sure you're not mistaking the Clemson stickers for CofC? I've never seen any for CofC in the 11 years I've lived here. I've only seen Clemson ones. The picture above isn't a true representative of what the Clemson stickers look like. The Clemson stickers look exactly like the top of their rings. The stickers are Gold just like the gold inlay on the onyx in their rings.

http://alumni-web.clemson.edu/ring/

The CofC "C" is either the plain tall, thin block C or the block C with the Cougar paws around it. They also have the stickers with the front of Randolph Hall on them.

http://cofc.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs...topCatId=40350
Old 03-20-2014, 03:37 PM   #18
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Official tater Ring Decal Sticker Picture:

Official Tater Ring:

Official Carolina Ring (small variations available. Mine is in white gold and/or the imprint can be blacked in.)
Old 03-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #19
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

I'll be honest...that picture of the CU sticker doesn't do it justice. Those stickers are really nice.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #20
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
I'll be honest...that picture of the CU sticker doesn't do it justice. Those stickers are really nice.
They are. I have liked them for years. I first remember seeing them around 2001
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote