CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
Gamecocks1137
usc1
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
Storm Of Spurs
carcosa
**USC vs. Clemson GA (6072)
Decommitment from Te (1035)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (799)
Cleveland Browns Hea (671)
Garcia and Clemsux T (658)
Need a dog kennel (280)
Four USC Basketball (275)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (217)
5 apps to turn your (165)
Bowl packages (162)
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
The U ends apparel deal w
Former Gamecock rooting f
So, why is next year goin
The Vent and Coaching cha
looks like we have 2 OL r
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
Previewing Clemson
How Long Will The Rebuild
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL

Old 03-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talons
Default Rock 93.5

Anyone know what happened to that station? I was driving to campus and heard it referring to Fox 102".3" and their website also redirects you to fox102's website.

Go Cocks!
uscsaxplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
IBleedGarnetandBlack
never begs for rep.

Male

CockyCash: 75936304929
IBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot material
Default Re: Rock 93.5

Welcome to Columbia's Rock Station, Fox 102.3! You may be wondering what this is all about. We're taking the best of Fox 102.3 and Rock 93.5 and merging them together into one awesome rock station: Columbia's Rock Station, Fox 102.3!
IBleedGarnetandBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:22 PM   #3
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

The hell?
Old 03-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #4
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Columbia radio sucks.
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #5
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Wow, so there are a dozen or so country stations and only one rock station that covers classic and alt rock. Geesh.
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #6
IBleedGarnetandBlack
never begs for rep.

Male

CockyCash: 75936304929
IBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Wow, so there are a dozen or so country stations and only one rock station that covers classic and alt rock. Geesh.
when did Columbia become Nashville?
IBleedGarnetandBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #7
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Sad day. No more Rock 93.5 and Fox 102 is generic rock now? Those have been my two go to stations for as long as I can remember. Only one rock station in Columbia and a million country stations?

It's going to be strange to hear John Boy and Billy on a station that plays Nickelback. I don't see how it is going to work.

Gotta hate corporate radio.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #8
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Yeah, 98.5 went country about a month ago, too. And I think 94.3 switched away from classic country, to the current Corporate Cowboy stuff.

I wonder if 102.3 is going to switch away from the Classic Rock?
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #9
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

I always liked that I could switch from 93.3 the Planet in Greenville to 93.5 once I got near Harbison on my way to work and hear about the same music. Sucked in Newberry working construction though when we had 93.3 on to listen to the Rise Guys and the wind would change and we would get 93.5

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #10
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

People listen to the radio?
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:24 PM   #11
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1007834
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

They're getting as bad as Augusta.
GamecockInHell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:50 PM   #12
gamecockguy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

I haven't listened to 93.5 in years because I thought it went down hill, but thats terrible news if 102.3 is gonna start playing some of the crap 93.5 plays.
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:50 PM   #13
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Sad day. No more Rock 93.5 and Fox 102 is generic rock now? Those have been my two go to stations for as long as I can remember. Only one rock station in Columbia and a million country stations?

It's going to be strange to hear John Boy and Billy on a station that plays Nickelback. I don't see how it is going to work.

Gotta hate corporate radio.
I always liked 93.5s on air personalities. I guess they are all jobless now?
Old 03-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #14
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Once you go XM, you never go back.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #15
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
I haven't listened to 93.5 in years because I thought it went down hill, but thats terrible news if 102.3 is gonna start playing some of the crap 93.5 plays.
Agreed. And I wonder if Weird Beard got the axe? That guy is a throwback, genuine DJ.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:07 PM   #16
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Once you go XM, you never go back.
Beat me too it. Haven't listened to local radio in years.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:48 PM   #17
nodnahs
Blue Chip

Male

nodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudlynodnahs is crowing loudly

Son of a bitch, my 20's-30's were played on 93.5..
nodnahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:24 AM   #18
Wackums
Walk On

Male

Wackums is sharpening his clawsWackums is sharpening his clawsWackums is sharpening his clawsWackums is sharpening his clawsWackums is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
I always liked that I could switch from 93.3 the Planet in Greenville to 93.5 once I got near Harbison on my way to work and hear about the same music. Sucked in Newberry working construction though when we had 93.3 on to listen to the Rise Guys and the wind would change and we would get 93.5
Hell yeah but even 93.3 has gone to the same mix as what Fox102 is doing now. they still play more 90's stuff. But WTF, no new rock music. The radio round here sucks
Wackums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #19
Roosterdog
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

No more classic rock 102.3? No loss there. 92.1 The Palm plays lots of great stuff. I will definitely check out the new 102.3.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #20
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUSCMike View Post
Columbia radio sucks.
Almost all radio sucks as it is owned by 2 companies playing the same garbage.

Pandora is much better. NPR, local sports shows and Pandora fill my needs nicely.
HeadCockFan is online now   Reply With Quote