CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27771)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2177)
Simple "yes&quo (1530)
We actually didnt lo (1251)
Phil Steele just pre (1221)
what I think ab ward (1004)
Eat Crow (956)
Extremely Proud (891)
Garcia: Change the R (773)
TeMarcus Blanton (720)
Stop bashing Dylan
We would be 7-1 with just
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Extremely Proud
I want people to explain
Nick Marshall
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
what I think ab ward
Defense question
We actually didnt lose

Old 04-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material
Default Tiger Woods to miss The Masters

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on...s-2014-masters

This should answer some questions about how serious the back injury is. Say what you will about the man, but for him to miss The Masters is a HUGE deal. The Masters is probably the one tournament that he holds above all others. It is also the only major he hadn't missed since turning pro.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tiger Woods to miss The Masters

I'm not a Tiger Woods hater, but this is a serious question .. Do you guys think this is a result of PEDs?

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:51 PM   #3
tpep
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
tpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I'm not a Tiger Woods hater, but this is a serious question .. Do you guys think this is a result of PEDs?
i wasnt going to go there but, since you did- Yep
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #4
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 355
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

Haven't heard anything about the surgery before today. Is it possible its an April fool's joke????
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #5
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

He released it on his Twitter and his Website. I doubt it is April Fools considering his agent said a decision would be coming "shortly" when asked about it yesterday.

The PED question is an interesting one. Personally, I don't see where PED's give you much of an advantage in golf. However, they would explain a lot of the injuries that he seems to be having lately.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #6
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 355
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

Looks to be legit. surgery for pinched nerve and will be out "several weeks"
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #7
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
He released it on his Twitter and his Website. I doubt it is April Fools considering his agent said a decision would be coming "shortly" when asked about it yesterday.

The PED question is an interesting one. Personally, I don't see where PED's give you much of an advantage in golf. However, they would explain a lot of the injuries that he seems to be having lately.
PED's can be used for more rapid injury recovery, and he's certainly dealt with his share of those. Also, a big part of Tiger's game has always been his length, and strength contributes to that.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #8
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPit

i dont think Eilyns(sic) nine-iron helped his game much either
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #9
HiltonHeadCOck
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 174
HiltonHeadCOck is making other chickens nervousHiltonHeadCOck is making other chickens nervousHiltonHeadCOck is making other chickens nervousHiltonHeadCOck is making other chickens nervousHiltonHeadCOck is making other chickens nervousHiltonHeadCOck is making other chickens nervousHiltonHeadCOck is making other chickens nervous

As one in the Golf business, the game of golf, at this level, takes so much out of ones body. Most players have physical problems from the practicing, travel and playing and you will never hear about it. The modern mechanical swing that is used today adds to the stress on their bodies. Expect to see more top players fight the injury bug as time goes on.
HiltonHeadCOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #10
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiltonHeadCOck View Post
As one in the Golf business, the game of golf, at this level, takes so much out of ones body. Most players have physical problems from the practicing, travel and playing and you will never hear about it. The modern mechanical swing that is used today adds to the stress on their bodies. Expect to see more top players fight the injury bug as time goes on.
This is why it is more important ever for the golfers to be in good shape.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #11
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

The way the article that I read sounded, he may even miss the US Open at Pinehurst.

I get that PED's make you stronger, but golf is more about touch and accuracy than brute strength. I just feel like they would harm your golf game, not to mention your body, more than they would benefit.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #12
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

He's been suffering from PTSD ever since his wife took a 9-iron to him.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #13
Tolley
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 0
Tolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPit

Ill still watch, but it won't be the same.
Hope he's better before the U.S. Open.
Tolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #14
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I remember either Freddie Couples or Johnnie Miller saying YEARS ago that with his swing mechanics he was bound to experience back problems. So here we are...
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #15
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolley View Post
Ill still watch, but it won't be the same.
Hope he's better before the U.S. Open.
Agreed, something about seeing Tiger and Phil pushing on Master's Sunday makes that tournament awesome to me.

Nice Avatar by the way!
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #16
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Jason Sobel, a golf writer for ESPN, posted on Twitter earlier that he had talked to one TOUR Pro that's close with Tiger and he said that Tiger's back is worse than Freddie's ever was.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #17
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

You know...it might be nice to watch The Masters and actually get to see other players for once. ;)
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #18
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

with all due respect to Tiger, he probably would have won last year if not for the illegal drop (I realize he should have been DQ).

One thing that intrigues me is that he changed his swing to make it easier on his body...my question would be if this is a sequella of the change. As for the PED, I have my opinions but I just don't see the reason for it. I was a little curious when he was having problems heal from knee surgery...or maybe it was Karma for him giving Ernie Els a hard time for coming back so slowly from a knee injury.

Maybe it is the way that Joe LaCava hands him the clubs...first Freddie's back and now Tigers
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #19
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #20
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
To answer your question in short...no.

PEDs do not contribute directly to injury.

Could it of had and effect... Yes

This is a loaded question with a lot of physiological factors at play.