CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
KaneisAble
GamecockSuperFan
DTGCOCKS#32
ShutTheSuccop
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
The Yancey
Pw00132
HBC Weekly Presser (1341)
Thompson Has Neck In (1169)
Nosovitch (689)
Zone Read Analysis w (639)
What fish do you eat (599)
KY Suspends 4 Player (525)
Clowney didnt get ma (450)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (422)
4th & 1 Play (372)
Request (288)
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
One player could have cha
Funny?
State talent drying up
QB Recruiting Strategy
HBC Weekly Presser
10-2
Defer Or Not?
Thompson Has Neck Injury

Old 04-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material
Default Small Propane Grill

I'm in the market for a camping sized propane grill. Any suggestions?
palmettosc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #2
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material
Default Re: Small Propane Grill

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Char-Broi...-204074161-_-N

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #3
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

How small and what do you want it to do?

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:21 PM   #4
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
Did not see that one looking around. I was looking at the Weber Go Anywhere. That one looks much nicer, but costs twice as much. Worth it from anyone who may have had both?
Old 04-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
darthtripous
Walk On

Male

darthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spurs

I have this one http://www.coleman.com/product/roadt...0#.U0bZAREcxjo

I am not a huge fan of cooking with gas, but sometimes you have to. I have taken it to USC games, camping, to the beach, and probably more if I kept thinking. I have loved this little grill and I would recommend it to anyone. I have beaten the hell out of it and it still works as well as the day I used it.
darthtripous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:32 PM   #6
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettosc View Post
Did not see that one looking around. I was looking at the Weber Go Anywhere. That one looks much nicer, but costs twice as much. Worth it from anyone who may have had both?
It's online-only, unfortunately. But I've got 2 customers that own it that come in to get replacement propane bottles, and they say it's a great little grill. FWIW.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #7
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtripous View Post
That's the one we take. (We camp out of an Airstream Trailer). The griddle works great in the AM for making pancakes...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #8
YankeeGamecock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 600
YankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his combYankeeGamecock is developing his comb

I've had a Weber Q for a few years. Thing is bulletproof, and I've been very pleased with how she cooks.

http://weber.com/grills/series/weber-q-series/1000
YankeeGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #9
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtripous View Post
I have this one http://www.coleman.com/product/roadt...0#.U0bZAREcxjo

I am not a huge fan of cooking with gas, but sometimes you have to. I have taken it to USC games, camping, to the beach, and probably more if I kept thinking. I have loved this little grill and I would recommend it to anyone. I have beaten the hell out of it and it still works as well as the day I used it.
I have this one too, and for the money, it's hard to beat. You can cook more than you might think on it too.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #10
acejrock
Rockington

Male

CockyCash: 28000000
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeGamecock View Post
I've had a Weber Q for a few years. Thing is bulletproof, and I've been very pleased with how she cooks.

http://weber.com/grills/series/weber-q-series/1000
I have this one too. I use it as my main grill in addition to taking it on trips.
Bulletproof is a great way to describe it.
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #11
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

i've been looking in to getting one too. from what i've read, the most common problem people encounter with portable gas grills is that their size limits the heat they can emit. i think typically, the smaller the surface area, the lower the heat output. may want to do some googling to make sure you purchase something that can properly/thoroughly cook whatever you like to eat when you camp.

the weber go anywhere series is what i've been looking at. i like the 1520 in particular.

http://www.firecraft.com/product/web...Fc1j7AoduGAAGw

or here

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...030xMPOLxCPA20
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:12 AM   #12
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Depends on how heavy you want to camp. I have a Camp Chef 2 burner stove with grill box and griddle, I highly recommend it. Sam's has a small stainless steel gas grill for $99 as well.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #13
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterBooster View Post
Depends on how heavy you want to camp. I have a Camp Chef 2 burner stove with grill box and griddle, I highly recommend it. Sam's has a small stainless steel gas grill for $99 as well.
Great setup for camping. I love the camp chef stoves due to all the accessories. This is probably bigger than he is looking, but it is a great idea!
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #14
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
Great setup for camping. I love the camp chef stoves due to all the accessories. This is probably bigger than he is looking, but it is a great idea!
If you have to pack it in far it is not a good option, but if you can drive to the site or get within a few hundred yards it is awesome. You can cook just about anything if you have the grill box, griddle, and a dutch oven.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #15
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterBooster View Post
If you have to pack it in far it is not a good option, but if you can drive to the site or get within a few hundred yards it is awesome. You can cook just about anything if you have the grill box, griddle, and a dutch oven.
I used to use a coleman camp stove until I saw the camp chef, so needless to say I upgraded...

For this year, plan to get the grill box...I only camp/tailgate a few times a year (if that) but it is great to have
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #16
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
I used to use a coleman camp stove until I saw the camp chef, so needless to say I upgraded...

For this year, plan to get the grill box...I only camp/tailgate a few times a year (if that) but it is great to have
If you don't have one already order the Flame Tamer from the Camp Chef site. Only about $10. Works great for grill box and griddle. Keeps the heat even with no hot spots.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #17
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

Went with this guy.
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CGG-...+propane+grill