CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
HeadCockFan
Grit_And_Steel
gadeneer1986
WeStillOwnUSC
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (985)
Rest of the season p (949)
Let us clarify some (740)
Tennessee kickoff an (698)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (689)
Tennessee Game Time (669)
Why is everyone anti (646)
Just thought of some (610)
Is Clowney back toni (553)
Roll call for Auburn
Why is everyone anticipat
Just thought of something
How did we not make it.
Holiday desserts
Thoughts on the basketbal
Miss St. defense
Flopping is reaching epic
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Old 04-17-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default Gamecock Legacy recruits/players: How have we done/How we doin'?

It seems like this year I'm reading more and more about Gamecock Legacy players out there. I know every program gets some of them and doesn't get some of them. It's all based on position needs/recruiting/location/etc.....

I was just looking to get some help making a list in the OP of Legacy recruits/players that have come up in the past few years and to see how we are doing. I'll start naming some in the OP, if you have more, let me know and I'll add them to the OP. We could try to keep it to players in the Spurrier era.

Past Spurrier Era Players who came to USC
Kelcy Quarles - Ended up All SEC/All American!!!

Current Players
Jordan Diggs - USC
Gerald Dixon Jr
Gerald Dixon

Legacy Recruits we missed on during the Spurrier era
Christian Miller - 4 Star LB - lived in SC, went to bama
Demetrius Robinson - florida
Christian Robinson - 4 Star OLB, Georgia

2015 Recruits
Bryce Love - 3 star RB out of NC
Mason Veal - committed to unc. 4 star OT out of NC

2016 Recruits
Gregory Little - 5 star, #1 Overall, OT, we haven't offered yet, from TX.
Brandon McIlwain 4 Star, Top 100 Overall, QB from PA

2017 Recruits
Jackson Williamson - QB not rated yet.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier

Last edited by MWard; 04-17-2014 at 12:29 PM.
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Gamecock Legacy recruits/players: How have we done/How we doin'?

The Gerald Dixon's are sons of former gamecock ....wait for it.... Gerald Dixon
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

2014 WR Demetrius Robinson - Florida

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

2016 QB - Brandon McIlwain

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-17-2014, 10:50 AM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Christian Robinson - Georgia (2009 I think?)

Old 04-17-2014, 11:00 AM   #6
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Ellis and someone else's kid play at Dutch fork if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember if they were sophomores and juniors this past season. I remember reading one of the games but I can't remember what year they were. I guess we don't have any plans to recruit them?

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2017 QB - Jackson Williamson

Old 04-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #8
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 200
weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Ellis and someone else's kid play at Dutch fork if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember if they were sophomores and juniors this past season. I remember reading one of the games but I can't remember what year they were. I guess we don't have any plans to recruit them?
Ward's son is a senior at Dreher.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Jesus I'm old.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #10
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Garnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Stephen Davis Jr. plays for them, son of former Auburn RB and Spartanburg native Stephen Davis
Garnet/Black Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #11
Master Bedroom
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quelcy Quarles was a legacy
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #12
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Thanks! Any others? Weren't there some on the OL/DL, like Shell, Geathers or King?

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:47 PM   #13
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet/Black Fan View Post
Stephen Davis Jr. plays for them, son of former Auburn RB and Spartanburg native Stephen Davis
I remember the other guy. ..deboer's son plays there

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:11 PM   #14
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

NM lol
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #15
rnecavs07
Starter

Male

NIT Bracket Champion: Awarded for taking first in the NIT Bracket Challene - Given for: NIT Bracket Champion 
CockyCash: 753
rnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to rnecavs07 Send a message via Yahoo to rnecavs07

Missed on matt rolin his grandfather played for us I believe
rnecavs07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #16
IrishCoach
4-Star

Male

IrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talons

QB Kevin Johnson?

~Dan Gable
IrishCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:40 PM   #17
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
2016 Recruits
Gregory Little - 5 star, #1 Overall, OT, we haven't offered yet, from TX .
Gamecocks offer per TBS.

Time to start a thread....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:57 PM   #18
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 355
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

Tim "POPS" Frisby should have a grandson coming along, Right?? I KID, I KID. Great guy!!
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:59 PM   #19
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 26871
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Gamecocks offer per TBS.

Time to start a thread....

HECK YEAH!! Alright, C2, "snap snap"!

jrussjr is online now   Reply With Quote