CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
GoldenSpur7
StormOfTalons
JerseyBird
yazoo
IslandCock
The Yancey
BlueHerons
Evilchicken2
donbgamecock
OBC banner being add (2124)
The bane of our seas (1775)
Ward wants us to pla (1393)
Who scores the first (1340)
Davis Playing in A&a (1081)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (748)
SL,UT Gamecocks (701)
CFB Playoff Bracket (627)
All garnet for Thurs (535)
THE OFFICIAL ICEBUCK (446)
I'm not buying the hype,
SL,UT Gamecocks
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Howdy! - Tailgating quest
First "Carolina Call
Ward wants us to play fas
OBC banner being added to
Who scores the first touc

Old 04-22-2014, 05:20 PM   #1
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly
Default Florida Georgia Line & Nelly

Saw they are doing a summer baseball stadium tour and coming to Charleston and Augusta. I bought tickets to the Augusta show since it's on a Friday night. Has anybody been to a baseball game at that stadium and how does it compare to Joe Riley or Capital City stadium. It's an odd grouping but for $40 I think it will be an enjoyable concert.
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:15 PM   #2
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly

Nelly has fallen far...
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:38 PM   #3
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

As long as they dont advertise themselves as country music. Enjoy the pop.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:31 AM   #4
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Nelly has fallen far...
Lol
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:34 AM   #5
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

I think the Florida Georgia Line/Nelly tour would be better if it was the Florida Georgia Line without Nelly tour.

But that does sound cool. Please post your thoughts on it afterwords!!!

Attendance record vs. Clemson as a student: 5-0
Attendance record at home games as a student: 32-3

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:43 AM   #6
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

Save the 40 bucks...Better yet, buy a couple of think T-Bones, some good beer and grill out on a nice day.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:58 AM   #7
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Go see Eric Church in Atlanta in December, or in Greensboro a month or two earlier. Better use of ticket money.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #8
GoCocks03
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
GoCocks03 has hatched from the shell

Lake Olmstead Stadium is it's name, home to the Augusta Greenjackets. The stadium has nothing unique about it to set it apart from other minor league ballparks in the southeast. It was built in 1995 with a capacity of about 4,000-5,000. They have done some minor renovations over the years but plans for a new stadium across the river in nicer North Augusta, SC are currently in the works.
GoCocks03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:36 PM   #9
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

florida georgia line is not country I dont care what anyone says

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #10
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
And who in country today is? If you say eric church youre close but even he would be light country(popish) for 10-15 years ago

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #11
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
And who in country today is? If you say eric church youre close but even he would be light country(popish) for 10-15 years ago
Jamey Johnson

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:59 PM   #12
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
Agreed

Quote:
Eric Church is not even close to pop. If you were going to assign him a different genre it would be southern rock in sorts. IN fact, he'd punch you in the chode if you said that to him in person.

Eric Church is one of the few guys left who actually write their own music, and put thought into the lyrics. He's not a cookie cutter artist like these guys who write about the same thing, sitting on a tailgate at midnight by a creek with a girl in cutoffs.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #13
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Eric Church sucks and is not "old country" or "underground" or whatever the hell Eric Church fans try and say... Jamie Johnson is a true old school country artist. I like this new female singer Ashley Monroe's style as well- much more real country. Personally, I think Amos Lee, although does not present himself fashion-wise as a country star at all and doesn't have a drawl, is more country than 99% of mainstream "country" artists including Eric Church.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #14
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Agreed

Eric Church is not even close to pop. If you were going to assign him a different genre it would be southern rock in sorts. IN fact, he'd punch you in the chode if you said that to him in person.

Eric Church is one of the few guys left who actually write their own music, and put thought into the lyrics. He's not a cookie cutter artist like these guys who write about the same thing, sitting on a tailgate at midnight by a creek with a girl in cutoffs.
I knew youd disagree because you are a pretty big fan,thats fine i understand. I will agree you are probably right he would probably be more southern rock, but i disagree he is really country music. Warrior is right there are country artists out there, they are not known and that is the industrys fault, the one group id say still has elements and feel of country/bluegrass is the eli young band, they impress me. There lesser known stuff is pretty good.

for willy
Old 04-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #15
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Eric Church sucks and is not "old country" or "underground" or whatever the hell Eric Church fans try and say... Jamie Johnson is a true old school country artist. I like this new female singer Ashley Monroe's style as well- much more real country. Personally, I think Amos Lee, although does not present himself fashion-wise as a country star at all and doesn't have a drawl, is more country than 99% of mainstream "country" artists including Eric Church.
I agree, he tries to think he is by talking big/ selling himself as "outlaw" but i am not a fan, i think he comes off as fake

for willy
Old 04-23-2014, 01:18 PM   #16
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
I agree, he tries to think he is by talking big/ selling himself as "outlaw" but i am not a fan, i think he comes off as fake
I'd like to third this.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #17
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

They couldn't pay me 40 dollars to see Florida Georgia line or Nelly. That show sounds terrible.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #18
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Quote:
I knew youd disagree because you are a pretty big fan,thats fine i understand. I will agree you are probably right he would probably be more southern rock, but i disagree he is really country music. Warrior is right there are country artists out there, they are not known and that is the industrys fault, the one group id say still has elements and feel of country/bluegrass is the eli young band, they impress me. There lesser known stuff is pretty good.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettosc View Post
I'd like to third this.

Whatever your opinion be of Eric Church, he is still WAY better than Florida Georgia line.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:42 PM   #19
Gamecockman12
Blue Chip

Male

Gamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming inGamecockman12 has feathers coming in

Florida Georgia Line definitely isn't country music but they are a blast to see in concert.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #20
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Whatever your opinion be of Eric Church, he is still WAY better than Florida Georgia line.
Eh, they're both pop country.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote