CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
I Bleed Garnet
Ericvol2096
taylorssc
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
gadeneer1986
gamecockgal
Travelin
Interesting quotes f (1194)
We're going to the N (823)
Have you ever been s (716)
Tennessee Offense Br (592)
This season and recr (336)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (282)
Anyone have a recipe (265)
Women's Team Ranked (249)
Key for 2015 defense (180)
Favorite online flas (175)
Have you ever been so wro
Lebron makes Cleveland re
We're going to the NCAA T
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
SEC Coaches Dress Up for
Interesting quotes from D
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Chances we win out now?

Old 05-06-2014, 01:43 AM   #1
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit
Default major FAIL by sony

first, they implement the 1.7 update allowing preloading and they don't include their system-selling first party title (mlb the show 14) with that option.

then, they advertise that you'll be able to download the show digitally "anytime after 12:01am EST" on their marketplace store.

well...it's after 1am EST and the option to download the game i already paid for is STILL not there.

soooooo....given the fact that my PS4 (even hardwired) grabs a little less than half the download speeds that i can get on my computer or x1, and given the fact that it's now well past my bedtime and i won't be able to even START the daggum download until lunchtime tomorrow, i will be (hopefully) playing the show 8 hours+ after i could have been playing if i had just gone to gamestop in the morning and bought a physical copy.

i are pissed. highly.

not a good experience with my first digital download on the ps4.

major. effing. fail.

diehardgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:15 AM   #2
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: major FAIL by sony

OMG. Life's a b. and then you die. Am I right or am I right?
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:38 AM   #3
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
OMG. Life's a b. and then you die. Am I right or am I right?
k.

good post.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Old 05-06-2014, 03:56 AM   #4
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

I thought about going to Wal-Mart to see if I could get it around midnight, but I figured the people there would probably have no idea what I was talking about.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #5
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

They didn't even put the game up on their servers. Un. Freakin'. Believable.

Looks like I'll be doing two things today:

1) picking up a physical copy.

2) going round and round with Sony until I get a refund for their digital abortion.

Should be a fun day.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:41 AM   #6
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

If this is the biggest problem in your life than Im jealous haha. How about saying screw it and just going outside and playing real life sports or physical activity instead of wasting minutes of life on a video game.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:45 AM   #7
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
If this is the biggest problem in your life than Im jealous haha. How about saying screw it and just going outside and playing real life sports or physical activity instead of wasting minutes of life on a video game.
Quality iCocky post right there.
Did you forget which forum you were in?
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:45 AM   #8
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
This is a gaming thread. On a gaming sub forum. Context is always important.

Now, you may leave.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:51 AM   #9
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

I confess that I did. I apologize. Now continue on with your mountain dew and bagel bites.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:58 AM   #10
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
I confess that I did. I apologize. Now continue on with your mountain dew and bagel bites.
Yay stereotypes!
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:05 AM   #11
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
Yay stereotypes!
Amazing, isn't it?

I guess the irony of his position coupled with where he's preaching it is lost on him.

Such is the internet.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #12
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

Fellas it was a joke..i told you i didnt realize it was a gaming forum from my phone..and yes, this is the biggest computer game country on earth so its not lost on me. Continue on.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #13
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I might not be buying another game until Feb. next year. I'm sure they you could have waited a couple of days until they get it figured out.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:49 AM   #14
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

wut
Old 05-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #15
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

They really botched this one somehow. There are a lot of mad people on the forums. I wouldn't bet on a refund.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #16
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

They'll get it fixed, eventually. I doubt they'll give refunds. Maybe they'll get some kind of gift card or something.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:45 AM   #17
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

I get that this annoys you but this is hardly a major fail. You want to see what those look like go read about the diablo 3 or sim city launches.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #18
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
I get that this annoys you but this is hardly a major fail. You want to see what those look like go read about the diablo 3 or sim city launches.
I consider it a major fail because of the fact they know of Diablo 3/Sim city issues. If it was a first of it's kind I would be ah that's not that bad, but the fact they know what needs to be done now to get it out, it's a major fail.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #19
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post

nah. it's a major fail. no reason to give a pass here.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #20
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
They'll get it fixed, eventually. I doubt they'll give refunds. Maybe they'll get some kind of gift card or something.

they're telling people that they're refunding...quite a few posters over on operationsports.com have reported back after speaking with sony either on the phone or through their live chat.

of course, at this point, i wouldn't put it past them to be lying about giving the refunds to us...been a pretty big cluster so far.