CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
StormOfTalons
b381l
CockyLifer
GarnetBlack&Blue
2000grad
JerseyBird
gromweat
Acockolypse Now
WeStill0wnUSC
NinjaSven
Nick Chubb (6385)
Spurrier Presser (2231)
Cack's Toast of the (1768)
Spurrier: Davis Will (1729)
Rankings (1539)
Update: Brison Willi (1425)
3-4 "D" Ke (1371)
Will Devin ever suit (1119)
Over reacting? (549)
New to Cockytalk... (426)
Keeping 2015 together!
Uniform thread
New to Cockytalk...
Update: Brison Williams i
Why won't Spurrier implem
Nick Chubb
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Rankings
Whiskey QB 2014
No Fun League Strikes Aga

Old 05-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit
Default Ringer to Mercer

Per GC. Desmond Ringer is transfering to Mercer.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #2
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ringer to Mercer

FRANK MARTIN CAN'T CLOSE!!!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #3
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

The numbers are working out.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #4
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

LOL! Yeah, I don't think NUMBERS is our problem right now. There's one less big guy.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #5
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Odd move...
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #6
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

I think we were over by one, however IMO this was not the guy to transfer out.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #7
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

We were even and trying to get huard
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #8
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

Ringer leaving is not a surprise nor do I think it hurts us much at all; however, there are two obvious and more preferable choices that would have been better candidates to transfer. It remains to be seen if they'll transfer. However, I'm still baffled at the complete lack of news regarding post recruits, which is the most glaring deficiency on the team.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #9
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
We were even and trying to get huard

We had 14

New Guys:3
Blanton
Sheppard
Stroman

Returning Guys:11
Thronwell
Johnson
Shaw
Chat
Theus
McKie
Henry
Carrera
Kacinas
Ringer
Notice
Old 05-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #10
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Desmond Ringer Transferring

Just saw on Twitter that he is transferring to Mercer. Kind of a bummer because he seemed like a guy who could help us down the road with this size after a couple years of development. Whatever the case, good luck to him.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #11
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Just hurts from having a big body down low.
Probably won't get a guy this year, but we have to get some big guys in the next class (hopefully Doral Moore, and a guy like Daniel Giddens and Ted Kapita)

Some other guys I hope we are looking at are Shawntrez Davis, Alex Owens and Noah Dickerson. All tall guys with some meat on their bones.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #12
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Maybe we are getting A.J. Davis?
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #13
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Dead Ringer.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #14
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Guess he wanted to go to the Dance.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #15
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Mercer thats just f'n great.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #16
Ace Dilcock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 680
Ace Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his comb

Makes all the sense in the world. If he did not contribute last year with our lack of inside talent, then no use in prolonging the inevitable. The upside for Ringer was supposed to be that he was ready physically from day one and could help while Henry put on weight. But Henry added some good weight early and Ringer did not do much all year. I look for Chat to be the man next year with Henry as back-up, and Frank might find still find another live body somewhere.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote