CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
Master Bedroom
sanford
Acockolypse Now
Rooster'srule
cocksmith1or11
El Cid Ranger
b381l
rdwylie
Backup QB competitio (2549)
2014 Preseason USA T (1253)
Ranking the SEC Fema (760)
Anyone heard anythin (649)
Future Non-Conferenc (616)
Spurrier on the cove (400)
What Would You Do? (382)
Ranking the SEC scho (287)
Ranking the SEC Fema (222)
Tupelo Honey Cafe (212)
2014 Signee - Joe Blue
Backup QB competition
2015 - Albert Huggins
Anyone heard anything abo
Dustin Johnson taking a l
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Cheap jersey and very nic
Musburger/Palmer to comme
Elcid99
Shaq R.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
CockyCody
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 381
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons
Default JOHNNY LOOK AT ME FALLING?

Read a little while ago that Johnny is not wanted by the Raiders or Browns so it looks like he might be waiting a good while before his name is called.

CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #2
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: JOHNNY LOOK AT ME FALLING?

Wrong forum.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:24 PM   #3
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Vikings? Fran Tarkenton 2.0

Old 05-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #4
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Teams are starting to see you don't just get the football player.....you get the cocky, arrogant attitude. I don't think he will ever become a long term pocket passer.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #5
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

This is also the time of year where QB's stock rises and falls more than the stock market. Rumors are thrown around by teams just so the other teams don't get a read on who they want to draft. I never believe anything I hear the last 2 weeks until it is official.

I also believe he's not going to be a long term starting QB in the league in his career. At best a career back-up that starts for a few seasons. There are no old running QB's in the league and that's what Johnny is.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Teams are starting to see you don't just get the football player.....you get the cocky, arrogant attitude. I don't think he will ever become a long term pocket passer.
And this is also the reason teams are high on him.
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:52 PM   #7
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Manziel reportedly said he did not want to go to Jacksonville, So I pray he gets drafted by Cleveland!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:07 PM   #8
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Anyone who takes Manziel over Bortles is an idiot. Manziel should be drafted in the 3 round but his name and the media are making people scared to be the team who passed in him. In general QBs get overhyped and drafted too high.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #9
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
Manziel reportedly said he did not want to go to Jacksonville, So I pray he gets drafted by Cleveland!!!

Or the Bills or Raiders.

My bet is the Cowboys. I just don't think JJ can pass up the marketing on him.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:13 PM   #10
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

nobody is telling the truth. The truth will come out tomorrow
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:40 PM   #11
KSigAg12
Walk On

Male

KSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spurs

Yeah I guess it's different for me because I've watched every down he has played for two years but people who think Johnny can't throw from the pocket have zero idea what they are talking about. A little more development with his decision making and the kid will absolutely be a franchise quarterback. Heck, he already is.

Does he make it too hard sometimes? Sure, and his ability has always helped him out in those situations. Does he throw off his back foot occasionally? Yep, but the balls he throws are some of the prettiest and well placed balls I've ever seen. If you draft Johnny, yeah you get a bit of an attitude, but it is probably what I'm going to miss the most about him. If people get in his face he will NOT turn the other cheek. But he is an emotional leader and you will be getting that from him from day one. He's just a winner and we were very lucky to have him.
KSigAg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #12
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

If he gets picked by the right team Johnny Football is going to tear it up in the NFL.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #13
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

He won't fall past 6.

He's also the man.

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:53 PM   #14
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
If he gets picked by the right team Johnny Football is going to tear it up in the NFL.
I doubt it personally, but we will see. I doubt he lasts 5 years in the league.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:24 PM   #15
KSigAg12
Walk On

Male

KSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spursKSigAg12 has earned his spurs

I'm just really looking forward to Manziel vs. Clowney in the NFL. Hate we didn't get to see it in college. The energy from the matchup might blow up the world.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:58 PM   #16
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Can't wait for him to get his clock cleaned by a big CB or a LB. Might knock his cocky bullshit off after it.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:59 PM   #17
G&BGamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talons

The Bucs will take him at 7 if he is there, which I personally do not want being a Panthers fan. I think he is going to be a stud. Like Gruden said, he's just that it factor that you love to have in the franchise guy.
G&BGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:00 AM   #18
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

He gets some good looking women though...like Maxim models.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:40 AM   #19
KSigAg12
Walk On

Male

Gotta catch him first panther.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:05 AM   #20
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigAg12 View Post
Yeah I guess it's different for me because I've watched every down he has played for two years but people who think Johnny can't throw from the pocket have zero idea what they are talking about. A little more development with his decision making and the kid will absolutely be a franchise quarterback. Heck, he already is.

Does he make it too hard sometimes? Sure, and his ability has always helped him out in those situations. Does he throw off his back foot occasionally? Yep, but the balls he throws are some of the prettiest and well placed balls I've ever seen. If you draft Johnny, yeah you get a bit of an attitude, but it is probably what I'm going to miss the most about him. If people get in his face he will NOT turn the other cheek. But he is an emotional leader and you will be getting that from him from day one. He's just a winner and we were very lucky to have him.

I think you are a little blinded by your aggie goggles my friend. He is quick to scramble if his first read is not there (as well as he stares down his first read quite a bit). He only get's to his 2nd read about half the time,at best, and a 3rd read is extremely rare because he usually is off and running because he knows he can rely on his legs. I personally don't see the arm strength but there have been plenty of QB's to play a long time in the league with not great arm strength.

Nobody questions his leadership or his work ethic as both are well documented but as of right now to me, he needs to sit for at least 2 years like Rodgers did for him to learn and develop. What he will be 5 years down the road is impossible for anybody to say but I would not draft him with my first round pick, much less expect him to be my franchise QB from day 1. And I have a feeling if he is THE guy from day one, he will suffer a lot of injuries or just one big one that keeps him out of a lot of games the first few years of his career.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote