CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27873)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2200)
Simple "yes&quo (1552)
We actually didnt lo (1308)
Phil Steele just pre (1235)
what I think ab ward (1072)
Eat Crow (981)
Extremely Proud (955)
Garcia: Change the R (785)
I want people to exp (692)
Stop bashing Dylan
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
We actually didnt lose
Extremely Proud
Who start on the d line t
Defense question
Eat Crow
what I think ab ward
We would be 7-1 with just
TeMarcus Blanton

Old 05-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Smoked pulled pork

I rubbed a pork butt down yesterday and wrapped it. Later this AM I will inject it, put a thing coat of mustard on it, rerub and rewrap. This afternoon it will go in the smoker for the 12-18 hours it will take.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Smoked pulled pork

Labor of love.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

CockyCash: 7567085
Ole Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot material

when the story starts out with I rubbed a pork butt, it makes me go off like Pavlov's dog. Yancey that sounds good enough to ride down and help you sample the finished product. and to think, them damn yankees believe Bar B Que is grilling wieners for the holiday.
w
\.
" Are you playing your love games with me? "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxaP19pY1FI
Ole Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Gregg View Post
when the story starts out with I rubbed a pork butt, it makes me go off like Pavlov's dog. Yancey that sounds good enough to ride down and help you sample the finished product. and to think, them damn yankees believe Bar B Que is grilling wieners for the holiday.
Yankees don't live as well as us poor southerners, that is for sure. Gotta take life slow, and have to spend time outside, not on asphault either.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

I have 3 in the green egg. Started at 4:30am today.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #6
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

It went in at 1:30 this afternoon. I'm using 2:40 hours of hickory, 1 hour of Bradley's special blend, and 20 minutes of Cabella's Southwestern seasoning puck. My vent is wide open and the smoke is poring out. I have it set for 230 degrees.

Order Of The Spur
Old 05-25-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

You had me until southwestern seasoned appeared in the mix. I find that odd flavor of smoke for southeastern bbq.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #8
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
You had me until southwestern seasoned appeared in the mix. I find that odd flavor of smoke for southeastern bbq.
It is just a bit of cumin and chili pepper. It gives the bark a bit of a spice kick.

Order Of The Spur
Old 05-25-2014, 10:05 PM   #9
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Dude.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:23 PM   #10
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Gonna need pics of the finished product Yance
Old 05-26-2014, 04:54 PM   #11
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

This is what it looked like when it got done at 1:30 this morning. You just have to let it exit the stall when it wants to or you will end up with a piece of meat dryer than a nun's fart.

Here is a big pan of it pulled.

I didn't even need my bear claws. My arthritic old hands managed just fine with two forks. It was tender and juicy. I changed up my basic rub and added that to the pulled pan. Sauces, vinegar, mustard, molasses, and apple, were served on the side. It was just about perfect.

Complimented it with watermelon, bourbon baked beans, rice, pears with mayo and cheddar, pickled beets and onions, garlic butter crescent rolls, and the following corn on the cob.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oven-ro...rn-on-the-cob/

Order Of The Spur
Old 05-26-2014, 05:49 PM   #12
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Looks Great Yancey!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #13
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

When you said you rubbed a pork butt I got this image of a tater on his first date.
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #14
Tolley
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 0
Tolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPit

Look awesome Yancey! Makes me wanna do one soon.
Tolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #15
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Lookin Good Yancy. Dude I can talk BBQ all day. Thanks for sharing. Im charcoal all the way though.

My In-Laws planned a Memorial Day party last week. They let me know that they were catering City Barbecue (decent chain BBQ that is expensive).

I couldnt allow that. I went out and bought a shoulder and 2 loins for under 50 bucks (17 lbs worth). I change my rubs up all the time.. this time I used Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Salt, Chili Powder, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, and Brown Sugar.

I found a shop on the other side of the bridge in Kentucky that sells pieces of oak Bourbon barrels, so I picked some up. I smoked with a mix of Bourbon Barrel Oak and Apple Wood (my favorite).

Most people at the party were not using BBQ sauce at all, the pork was so tender and flavorful. I saved my In-Laws about $200, and produced a better product. They let me know they'd be requesting my pulled pork at family functions going forward.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2014, 11:23 AM   #16
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightohhthree View Post
Lookin Good Yancy. Dude I can talk BBQ all day. Thanks for sharing. Im charcoal all the way though.

My In-Laws planned a Memorial Day party last week. They let me know that they were catering City Barbecue (decent chain BBQ that is expensive).

I couldnt allow that. I went out and bought a shoulder and 2 loins for under 50 bucks (17 lbs worth). I change my rubs up all the time.. this time I used Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Salt, Chili Powder, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, and Brown Sugar.

I found a shop on the other side of the bridge in Kentucky that sells pieces of oak Bourbon barrels, so I picked some up. I smoked with a mix of Bourbon Barrel Oak and Apple Wood (my favorite).

Most people at the party were not using BBQ sauce at all, the pork was so tender and flavorful. I saved my In-Laws about $200, and produced a better product. They let me know they'd be requesting my pulled pork at family functions going forward.
That all looks good! I prefer butts to loins for pulled pork though. It needs the fat. I agree with your apple wood. I use that and cherry often.

Order Of The Spur