CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
b381l
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
Badazcock
ReadR00ster
gamecockgal
Pw00132
Polls (3691)
Gameday Sign Ideas (3111)
Gameday in Columbia (3094)
Clem5on fans are bes (2480)
Dylan Thompson's pas (1762)
ST coach fired this (1590)
SEC East Race as of (1499)
Let's talk about Mat (1095)
Hardest Schedule (1041)
UK fans and local sp (884)
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Gameday Sign Ideas
UK fans and local sports
SEC East Race as of 9/21
So, um, yeah the NFL over
More David Williams Pleas
ST coach fired this week
Name a Gamecock
Dylan Thompson's passing
Celebrity Guest Picker...

Old 05-31-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
petecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
petecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervous
Default One more game

With apologies in advance for my ignorance, including if re-hashing previous topics, but the new playoff scheme will more benefit talent rich teams because it is one more game after we beat the tar out of each other all year and again, lol, on new year's day! Would Auburn with Cam Newton have had enough gas? How about replacing our conference title game with standings and polls? Hope I haven't committed SEC blasphemy!!!
petecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material
Default Re: One more game

Tough call. The SEC championship game may be a way for a team to break into the top four (and may cause another to drop out).
Old 06-03-2014, 02:06 AM   #3
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I do not see how one extra game benefits talented teams more than others.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:40 AM   #4
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
I do not see how one extra game benefits talented teams more than others.
If you want to pad stats it does, other than that, nothing.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #5
fullser
Walk On

Male

fullser has hatched from the shell

i totally agree with Gamecocks1137... ;)
fullser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #6
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Auburn with Cam would have with this new format

Also that year the final four would have been Auburn, Oregon, TCU, Stanford.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:42 PM   #7
petecock
Recruit

Male

petecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervouspetecock is making other chickens nervous

Allow me to re-phrase it. One more game, SEC championship + one more game, playoffs = greater risk to injury and becoming like Florida or Georgia last year.
I'm just saying that our conference schedules are tough enough without the title game.
I can't remember when that game had a doubtful outcome anyways, and, the winner was expected to play for number one in the country. Why play it?
Let the records stand and take a break before playing, potentially, two more games (one more + one, lol).
Matter of fact, isn't it possible that the SEC Championship game could become the same match-up in the playoff format?
I'm just axin. Give it some thought. We are not the ACC, nor the Big and PAC XX. We ARE college football, and here to stay for a while.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:31 AM   #8
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by petecock View Post
With apologies in advance for my ignorance, including if re-hashing previous topics, but the new playoff scheme will more benefit talent rich teams because it is one more game after we beat the tar out of each other all year and again, lol, on new year's day! Would Auburn with Cam Newton have had enough gas? How about replacing our conference title game with standings and polls? Hope I haven't committed SEC blasphemy!!!
Yeah, d'uh.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:52 AM   #9
petecock
Recruit

Male

OK.
Forget Cam Newton, please, and hear me out, without the "duhs" and this is a stupid post crap, and consider that no team in the country plays a harder schedule than we members of the SEC.
Then why play a gotcha game which increases risk?
The new-format playoffs make our champ game a liability, not an asset.
The best I can figure from your responses is that you assume that South Carolina will be an also-ran, only benefitting from a championship game which kicks someone else to the curb.
Nay! That guy could be you! Us.