CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Kyle76
b381l
Cockypantherfan
WeStillOwnUSC
The Demise of the 3- (2356)
East Carolina Predic (1591)
Why didn't Wes Green (1285)
A&M on 3rd down (650)
You guys are horribl (614)
Finally Cooled Off (541)
Did we ever go after (517)
louisville (489)
It's the offenses no (408)
Watching the Georgia (235)
whats up with Mike?
The Demise of the 3-4
Why didn't Wes Green play
Recruiting Question
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
Uniform thread
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Amonte Caban
2015 Commitment - Shameik
All of our defensive play

Old 06-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material
Default NCAA Bad Move

Kyle Carpenter, who is about to be presented the Medal of Honor, was at Friday nights game. He spent time in both dugouts and was down in the box seating area for part of the game. The NCAA would not allow him to be introduced to the crowd because they stated it would give the Gamecocks and unfair competitive advantage.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:49 AM   #2
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit
Default Re: NCAA Bad Move

NCAA just clemsoned the moment. What a shame. And what a DUMBA$$ excuse!!
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #3
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Wow we need to blow the NCAA's skirt up on this!!!! What a crock of S$&%!!! Every newspaper in the country needs to put the NCAA on blast for this.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterBooster View Post
Kyle Carpenter, who is about to be presented the Medal of Honor, was at Friday nights game. He spent time in both dugouts and was down in the box seating area for part of the game. The NCAA would not allow him to be introduced to the crowd because they stated it would give the Gamecocks and unfair competitive advantage.
The NCAA is an evil, depraved organization. I heard they eat Christian babies!
Old 06-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #5
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

AD Tanner should have stepped in and told NCAA to kiss off. He is a Medal of Honor recipient....for the USA...not the gamecocks. Hate it when people cave to bullying.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #6
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

The man was awarded the highest military honor, he deserves recognition. The question is, does he want it? Is he into the limelight or is he doing his best to get his life back?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #7
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
The man was awarded the highest military honor, he deserves recognition. The question is, does he want it? Is he into the limelight or is he doing his best to get his life back?

He's doing a helluva job of getting his life back. I'm fortunate enough to call him a friend of mine, and I can honestly say he's one of the best guys around and deserves the highest honor for his military actions. He's not into the limelight at all, but he does deserve to be recognized.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:42 PM   #8
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

The NCAA is a joke, they only care about money, nothing else. They show it over and over.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:45 PM   #9
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
He's doing a helluva job of getting his life back. I'm fortunate enough to call him a friend of mine, and I can honestly say he's one of the best guys around and deserves the highest honor for his military actions. He's not into the limelight at all, but he does deserve to be recognized.
If it's what he wants, then great. My point was more that he might not want to be announced at every home game. Having experience with combat veterans, some are just ready to go back to normal life and some like the attention. His preference, I just hope that the school asked first.

carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #10
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

This REALLY REALLY REALLY pisses me off; I'm probably 10 times (at least) more pissed off about this than the result on the field this weekend... Who do we write to complain about this?
Old 06-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #11
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
If it's what he wants, then great. My point was more that he might not want to be announced at every home game. Having experience with combat veterans, some are just ready to go back to normal life and some like the attention. His preference, I just hope that the school asked first.

It wasn't going to be every home game, just that one game.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #12
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:

Yea I was down on the field talking to him before the game and I got the feeling he was just there to have fun and enjoy the night. He enjoys just being another guy.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #13
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Just to clear a few things, he did not complain about it. He didn't do anything while he was there to draw attention to himself. I recognized him and told one of the Security Staff the next day they should have let him throw out the first pitch. He told me the NCAA told them they would not allow him to be recognized as it would give the Gamecocks and unfair advantage.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #14
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

i am fine with the ruling.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #15
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

I don't understand how it would have been an unfair advantage? There are too many idiots in the world.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #16
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

That would have been a momentum booster for the team you have to admit that. However I don't agree with the ruling here it is a home game so how in the Hell can that advantage be negated? If they wanted to do that then don't have the teams play at their home stadiums that rule is complete bollocks! Death Penalty to the NCAA!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #17
USCCO2009
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1355366
USCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudlyUSCCO2009 is crowing loudly

I say let's make it up to him by introducing him to 85,000 people at the USC vs. Georgia game at Williams Brice.
USCCO2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #18
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I don't understand how it gives an advantage
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:40 PM   #19
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I don't understand how it gives an advantage
The NCAA hates America, plan and simple.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #20
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCCO2009 View Post
I say let's make it up to him by introducing him to 85,000 people at the USC vs. Georgia game at Williams Brice.
This.

The one we did back in 2012...that was freaking incredible.

And I would add...although it's always a wonderful sight to see any soldier return home safe and sound, especially into their family's arms, I think we started a trend with that ;)
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote