CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
l^l^lBGCock
WeStillOwnUSC
Badazcock
gamecockgal
Gamecocks1137
Yearofthegamecock
Order 66
ccured
Regalcock
roosterdude21
Boo This Man... (1166)
Gameday in Columbia (973)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (902)
georgia rewind... (844)
Stadium improvement (686)
Doniyah Cliney to si (619)
Why we'll dominate C (478)
Lammons out (393)
Where to Watch the G (368)
UGA is running over (276)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME
Why is hope solo still pl
Search Snacks
Gameday in Columbia
Stay focus
Stadium improvement idea
Where to Watch the Game i
Name a Gamecock
2016 - Jamie Skalski
Why we'll dominate Clemso

Old 06-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #1
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

CockyCash: 400
rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material
Default WHO CARES! WHO CARES!

I will never forget this. And thanks to Youtube I do not have to.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:19 PM   #2
PokemNdaToof
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
PokemNdaToof is learning to peckPokemNdaToof is learning to peck
Default Re: WHO CARES! WHO CARES!

Awesome.....Didn't he get another 15 yarder for throwing the ball into the stands? 45 yards of penalties = 6 points!!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #3
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemNdaToof View Post
Awesome.....Didn't he get another 15 yarder for throwing the ball into the stands? 45 yards of penalties = 6 points!!
I think he did. But like the man said, "WHO CARES! WHO CARES!"
Old 06-06-2014, 01:25 AM   #4
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Todd has had some great lines "there is orange in the parking lot", "Kane Whitehurst the smartest Whitehurst you'll ever know", "the 45,the 50,the 55".

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:43 AM   #5
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Can't forget the infamous line that made Dabo whine like a 5 year old:

We're not Alabama, were not LSU, but we sure ain't Clemson!
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:46 AM   #6
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

I was listening to that game on a little am radio. I can tell you that I cared. Todd must of had a bad day. Tommy's job is color. He is supposed to paint a picture on the radio of what is going on.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:34 AM   #7
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I smell tater. The referee lol

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:37 AM   #8
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Whichever student went home with the football probably cared.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:29 AM   #9
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
I was listening to that game on a little am radio. I can tell you that I cared. Todd must of had a bad day. Tommy's job is color. He is supposed to paint a picture on the radio of what is going on.
No offense to Todd Ellis, but he doesn't paint pictures on the radio. He draws a picture using some broken crayons he found on the floor.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #10
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
Todd has had some great lines "there is orange in the parking lot", "Kane Whitehurst the smartest Whitehurst you'll ever know", "the 45,the 50,the 55".
that's funny I do not care who you pull for
Old 06-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #11
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

That sequence of events pumped me up so much I felt like running through a brick wall. Just awesome and Todd made it that much better!
Old 06-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #12
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
No offense to Todd Ellis, but he doesn't paint pictures on the radio. He draws a picture using some broken crayons he found on the floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
I see where you both are coming from. I listen to most of the games on my radio in my garage and TE, while really fun to listen to, can leave out some brush strokes for sure. I love the guys enthusiasm though and he does a pretty good job with the play by play stuff.

The guy on WZZQ who calls all the games for my high school, the (17 time football State Champion) Gaffney Indians is named Fabian Fuentes. He also calls for Gardner Webb but will be switching to call my Limestone Saints this fall. He is a great, GREAT play-by-play guy. I spoke to him recently about the playoff game he called here against Byrnes in 2013. He had walking pneumonia or something and his voice was cracking and breaking but he fought through it and I do not think I have ever heard a football game called better (it did not hurt that we won of course). He just has IT.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #13
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
That sequence of events pumped me up so much I felt like running through a brick wall. Just awesome and Todd made it that much better!
YES! Exactly! He is not the greatest guy on the radio but when he does stuff like he did in that sequence I cannot help but just love the guy. I mean, who yells "WHO CARES! WHO CARES!" about a penalty? It was awesome.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #14
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I miss football
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #15
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
I miss football
I'll second that sentiment.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #16
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

I love that video.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #17
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
I miss football
Is it Aug 28 yet?
Old 06-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #18
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Haha will have to watch this later. Had one radio experience with Ellis & Suggs (2nd half of the Clemson game last year) and I must say there were a LOT of gaps in game information - down & distance, whether the play that just happened made a first down, etc., but you can't deny their enthusiasm. Was especially funny to hear Tommy Suggs reference the Fear The Thumb slogan
Old 06-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #19
darthtripous
Walk On

Male

darthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spurs

After the game Spurrier said something like, "We we're going to give DJ a game ball, but unfortunately his ball is in the student section somewhere."
darthtripous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #20
Cruzer
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 855
Cruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talonsCruzer has developed his gaff and talons