CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
Sandstorm29
NinjaSven
kingofnerf
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
donbgamecock
Spurticus
So, why is next year (2633)
How Long Will The Re (1761)
Why do so many of yo (1277)
Restaurant musts in (1227)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (915)
Shot in the arm for (912)
Custom Jersey (517)
5 Gourmet Foods That (406)
Abu Bowl Ready (316)
looks like we have 2 (263)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
The Vent and Coaching cha
Shot in the arm for the D
Nosovitch/bowl/ question.
How Long Will The Rebuild
Why do so many of you guy
5 Gourmet Foods That Used

Old 06-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #1
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003800
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Please keep my wife and her side of the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Hey everyone. Last week, my wife's aunt finally lost her fight with breast cancer after 9 long years. That would be enough to ask for thoughts and prayers for her side of the family, but they just got some more bad news. One of her uncle's (a brother to her late aunt) got diagnosed with breast cancer the week before his sister passed. He just found out today he's already stage 3. He has made the decision not to undergo any type of treatment. As you can probably guess, all of this is pretty hard on my wife and that side of the family, so any good vibes, prayers, or anything else positive you care to send their way, it's much appreciated.

On a related note, I definitely need to get on my wife about scheduling a mammogram. Her grandmother (mother of the two already mentioned with breast cancer) passed away due to breast cancer, and now these two have it, so it's obviously quite prevalent in that family for whatever reason. She's worried about being able to pay for it because she's 39 (as of today, in fact), and insurance won't cover it until she's 40.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule
Default Re: Please keep my wife and her side of the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Prayers

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Please keep my wife and her side of the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Prayers sent.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Not sure, but her doctor might be able to get around that "paying for it" issue by making it a medical necessity due to her family history. I have some family history issues myself (not breast cancer but other female things) that insurance usually deems "elective" but my doctor got around that for me. It took some doing, but she got it done.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #5
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Not sure, but her doctor might be able to get around that "paying for it" issue by making it a medical necessity due to her family history. I have some family history issues myself (not breast cancer but other female things) that insurance usually deems "elective" but my doctor got around that for me. It took some doing, but she got it done.
I'll bring that up to her, because this definitely seems like it should fit the bill for a history that suggests a real threat.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #6
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Hope it works out for her. It couldn't hurt to at least try, and honestly...it's well worth the money if she did have to pay for it now.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #7
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

You got it my man
Old 06-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #8
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Prayers sent...
Old 06-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #9
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Prayers sent, KOTR.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:28 PM   #10
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Praying for your family.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #11
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Prayers sent.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #12
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Prayers for you, your wife, and her family.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:48 PM   #13
ds401
4-Star

Female

CockyCash: 500
ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Hey everyone. Last week, my wife's aunt finally lost her fight with breast cancer after 9 long years. That would be enough to ask for thoughts and prayers for her side of the family, but they just got some more bad news. One of her uncle's (a brother to her late aunt) got diagnosed with breast cancer the week before his sister passed. He just found out today he's already stage 3. He has made the decision not to undergo any type of treatment. As you can probably guess, all of this is pretty hard on my wife and that side of the family, so any good vibes, prayers, or anything else positive you care to send their way, it's much appreciated.

On a related note, I definitely need to get on my wife about scheduling a mammogram. Her grandmother (mother of the two already mentioned with breast cancer) passed away due to breast cancer, and now these two have it, so it's obviously quite prevalent in that family for whatever reason. She's worried about being able to pay for it because she's 39 (as of today, in fact), and insurance won't cover it until she's 40.
http://breastcancer.about.com/od/Fre...Mammograms.htm

Do a self breast exam

October is breast cancer awareness month

Mammogram range from $75-250

HAS SHE TOLD THE INS. COMPANY THAT THERE IS A MALE AND FEMALE FAMILY HISTORY OF BREAST CANCER IN HER FAMILY?
ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:14 AM   #14
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

King, your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #15
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds401 View Post
http://breastcancer.about.com/od/Fre...Mammograms.htm

Do a self breast exam

October is breast cancer awareness month

Mammogram range from $75-250

HAS SHE TOLD THE INS. COMPANY THAT THERE IS A MALE AND FEMALE FAMILY HISTORY OF BREAST CANCER IN HER FAMILY?
Not yet, because her uncle was only diagnosed about two weeks ago. I'm staying on her about it, because it's obviously a serious issue.

Thank you to everyone!
Old 06-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #16
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Done