CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurrier_Superior_On
18IsTheMan
Order 66
Clowneygotcha
gadeneer1986
catdaddy66
eatlighting
GoldenSpur7
GH
cockyguitar
Looking ahead to UGA (2698)
My Observations Abou (2573)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1920)
Gurley lined up to t (1331)
Step back from the l (1295)
Who else wants to se (1272)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (941)
How far do we fall.. (906)
Shaq Roland (862)
Shon Carson at KR (790)
UFC 177: TJ Dillishaw vs
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
I Am Ashamed
Recruiting Question
Plugging Holes W/Recruiti
Predict the Season (After
ECU
2015 Commitment - Michael
Confused fan here. Why i
David Williams??

Old 06-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
gamecockfan04
Walk On

CockyCash: 500
gamecockfan04 has hatched from the shell
Default OT: Anyone know of any jobs out there?

I've been an accounting manager for the past 15 years (still employed), but just needing a change. I have been working with nothing but drama and gossip in my office and have had enough! I just want to be able to go to work and do my job and not have to listen or put up with gossip any more.
I can do almost anything and an open to any offer and I'm willing to learn as well.
gamecockfan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
TucockShakur
Walk On

Male

TucockShakur is making other chickens nervousTucockShakur is making other chickens nervousTucockShakur is making other chickens nervousTucockShakur is making other chickens nervousTucockShakur is making other chickens nervousTucockShakur is making other chickens nervousTucockShakur is making other chickens nervousTucockShakur is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: OT: Anyone know of any jobs out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfan04 View Post
I have been working with nothing but drama and gossip in my office and have had enough! I just want to be able to go to work and do my job and not have to listen or put up with gossip any more.
You will have to retire altogether, or go into business with, for, and by yourself. There is *no* job without drama and gossip. It exists everywhere. The grass may seem greener elsewhere, but there's still cow patties on the field.
TucockShakur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #3
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

if you are looking to get away from drama....retire
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #4
gamecockfan04
Walk On

Well it's a little different in my situation considering I work with around 30 women and have been the only male in the office until recently (now there are 3 of us men and I have to daily deal with junior high bs drama, not even high school level crap.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
Master Bedroom
Two Deep

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Where do you live? General area if you don't want to disclose the exact place
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
gamecockfan04
Walk On

Live in Blythewood, work downtown Columbia.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:14 PM   #7
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I work with all women, all the time. Not in accounting per se, but in hospital patient accounts/finance. Its a woman dominated field. There are two males, including me currently amongst an office of 50-60. And there is drama all the time.

I still think that if you do make a change there will be drama, maybe similar, or maybe different but still drama. You cannot escape drama in the workplace if you work with other people.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #8
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

CockyCash: 400
rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfan04 View Post
I've been an accounting manager for the past 15 years (still employed), but just needing a change. I have been working with nothing but drama and gossip in my office and have had enough! I just want to be able to go to work and do my job and not have to listen or put up with gossip any more.
I can do almost anything and an open to any offer and I'm willing to learn as well.
If I may make a suggestion, shut the gossip down on your ends as much as possible. I mean that if you are approached by a gossipy person tell them:

1. I am personally neither part of the problem nor the solution so I really do not want to be party to it unless it directly affect my job assignment.
2. I will go with you to talk to the other person/people, but I will not talk about the other person/people with you.

You can say this with humility and without "horns or teeth." Those who are going to be offended are going to be offended anyway. Those who are not are probably wishing they had the guts to make a stand like this. The others are right. This type of thing just follows you around. If you like you job, just set some boundaries for yourself and your co-workers. It is not the best time to be looking for another job IMHO. What do you think?
Old 06-10-2014, 11:50 PM   #9
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Buy earplugs...seriously. Or, get a radio and each time you hear yelling, crying, whatever, cut it up, very loudly. When they come to complain about the noise, tell them, "Then you know what I have to put up all day from all of you. When you are at work, work If you want to gossip to where I cannot help but hear you, save it for lunch or set coffee breaks, or go outside."

If they try to get your opinion, being a man, let them know you have no interest in their problems, all you want is to do your work, quietly, and to be left alone. Be rude, if need be, whatever it takes to let them know you do not appreciate working with unprofessional people.

Go to a supervisor and tell them your constant problem of noise pollution about matters not pertaining to work. If the supervisor can't get them to keep their yaps shut, ask him if there is another part of the building where you set up your desk where you can get away from them. Make them supervise and make a decision to solve the problem, you know, their own job. If the supervisor downplays it or shrugs it off, ask them point blank, "What am I suppose to do since you aren't handling it?" Keep asking until you get an answer, then take it a step higher, as a last resort.

All this is predicated on the idea you have already tried to be polite or nice and talked to the women kindly about the general problem.

Last edited by brat; 06-11-2014 at 01:16 AM.
brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #10
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

www.careerbuilder.com
www.monster.com
www.jobs.sc.gov
scworks.org

There are plenty of other sites that offer the same thing.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #11
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

My buddy just retired early and could not stand the drama created by wife so he went back to work. Retirement put off till she mellows, HA.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #12
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

if you end up telling people that you want nothing to do with their drama, you will be ostracized, even if you do it in a tactful way. Just the nature of the environment you are in.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #13
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
if you end up telling people that you want nothing to do with their drama, you will be ostracized, even if you do it in a tactful way. Just the nature of the environment you are in.
That is a good thing if you want to end the drama.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #14
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Shoot man have fun with the rumor mill. Start spreading some really off the wall ones like the company is being bought out by Disney and everyone in the office will be extras for the new Star Wars movies.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:29 AM   #15
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I had good luck on indeed.com listings. Good luck!

Also wanted to add that I work in an office with ALL females and one part time male intern and we're completely drama free. (knock on wood of course) Working with women does not always = drama. It is possible! Perhaps adding in the men is what causes it? haha
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #16
Helicopter Cock
To impress a chick

Male

Helicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervous

Indeed.com for sure ..... found my current job through there and I love it.

I was in a situation where I'd worked somewhere for 12 years and just needed a change (different reasons). Glad I did.
Helicopter Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #17
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
I work with all women, all the time. Not in accounting per se, but in hospital patient accounts/finance. Its a woman dominated field. There are two males, including me currently amongst an office of 50-60. And there is drama all the time.

I still think that if you do make a change there will be drama, maybe similar, or maybe different but still drama. You cannot escape drama in the workplace if you work with other people.
The struggle is real. Stay strong.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #18
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002

I agree, Indeed.com is one of the better job sites. Since you're in accounting, I would try Robert Half Finance and Accounting (http://www.roberthalf.com/). They have an office in the middle of downtown and have some really good clients, and can probably offer you some good possibilities.
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #19
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

If you want to work with more men, you could be a fluffler.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #20
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Headphones. That's what I do when people are distracting and I am trying to get work done.