CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
kingofnerf
Captain9Dragons
ReadR00ster
The Yancey
2000grad
Fight, win, kick a-- (1076)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (916)
CFN prediction for a (853)
Why I'm hopeful abou (782)
The Gator Bowl wants (766)
USC will upset Aubur (648)
A simple defensive l (630)
What happened to thi (599)
Ranking Top HC jobs (452)
In-state QB talent (405)
Why is everyone anticipat
Cann tipping plays?
BA ranks recruiting class
A simple defensive line &
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Thoughts on the basketbal
Ranking the SEC Football
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Media tabs South Carolina

Old 06-11-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default ESPN ranks SEC's RBs

Team Rankings

Individual Rankings

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Re: ESPN ranks SEC's RBs

Sorry, but UGA is in a league by themselves if the RB's are healthy.

I think 3rd is about right for us.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Nothing really sticks out to me other than I would put Kelvin Taylor in my Top 5. I think he is going to be special.

Team wise:

1) Interested to see who becomes Derek Mason's workhorse at Vandy. They are shifting to that Stanford philosophy so that means someone is going to be getting a crap ton of carries.

2) Anxious to see how Jalen Hurd comes back from his knee injury but I don't think the Vols have the depth to avoid overworking him.

3) Leonard Fournette is going to be amazing. I know people like Les Miles' RB rotation but I think it hurts them sometimes. IMO, they need that 20-25 carry guy and then a change of pace instead of a 5 man committee.

4) Auburn is way too high unless Racean Thomas goes nuts. I think Mizzou is too high as well.

5) Florida has a chance to have a hellacious running game if Taylor keeps improving. I would move them up and I think Ole Miss should be higher too.

6) Little worried about aTm's backs .. Tre Williams can absolutely fly and if they can find their workhorse, look out.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-11-2014, 12:54 PM   #4
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Any list with Auburn that low is nuts, and any list without Corey Grant is a farce.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #5
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

ESPN hates Auburn too?

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:08 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Any list with Auburn that low is nuts, and any list without Corey Grant is a farce.
What exactly have they done? Artis-Payne had nice games against cream puffs. Grant didn't get over 10 carries in one game all season long.

You're nuts but we already know that.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #7
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

So this Alabama team must be pretty good
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #8
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
What exactly have they done? Artis-Payne had nice games against cream puffs. Grant didn't get over 10 carries in one game all season long.

You're nuts but we already know that.
Over 600 yards in a back up roll. Grant averaged 9.7 yards a carry, and runs a sub 4.2 40.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Over 600 yards in a back up roll. Grant averaged 9.7 yards a carry, and runs a sub 4.2 40.
That's great and all but his best games were against Washington State (meh), Western Carolina (meh meh), and Florida Atlantic (meeeeehhhhhhhhh).

So that leaves him with 306 yards against SEC competition. Color me skeptical.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #10
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Go cry over here.

http://auburnfootballfanforum.yuku.com/
Old 06-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #11
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Lololol
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #12
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
That's great and all but his best games were against Washington State (meh), Western Carolina (meh meh), and Florida Atlantic (meeeeehhhhhhhhh).

So that leaves him with 306 yards against SEC competition. Color me skeptical.
I agree. Oh, and color me skeptical about a sub 4.2 40.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #13
Thenardier
Banned

Male

After umpteen months that gets old.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #14
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Last edited by SCohioBoy; 06-11-2014 at 02:03 PM.
SCohioBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #15
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
I agree. Oh, and color me skeptical about a sub 4.2 40.
Hand timed was 4.11, but the laser time was much slower, 4.18.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:45 PM   #16
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

I did find it interesting that Wilds was not listed in the top ten, esp after they said there was not much drop off from Davis to him.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #17
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1050
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V84Tu8APv18

Unfortunately the 4.11/4.18 is legit.

Can someone embed? On my cell.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #18
Thenardier
Banned

Male

He's also pretty strong. He ducks his head and goes for the hit instead of stepping out of bounds.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #19
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

There is no other back in the nation for whom I would trade MD28.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #20
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Hand timed was 4.11, but the laser time was much slower, 4.18.
Has it ever been answered why you post on a USC message board so much? I would never go to say an Arkansas message board and talk constantly about USC all the time. It just doesn't make any sense. Do you even post on Auburn boards? Why post here about Auburn stuff to an audience that cares zero about Auburn? It would at least make sense if you did it at a Bama board or something or LSU (a team in your division)
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote