CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
gamecock88
SCohioBoy
Regalcock
Kentucky prediction (2105)
Just Booked my Hotel (1409)
Best position coach (824)
Waldrop doubtful for (810)
The New Idea That'll (713)
So What? (699)
We Have A New KO Guy (573)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (444)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (276)
So What? (272)
Best position coach or co
I'm over the loss, but...
QB Recruiting Strategy
We Have A New KO Guy
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Thoughts on the basketbal
2016 - Rozelle Nix
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
What fish do you eat
Waldrop doubtful for Kent

Old 07-05-2014, 12:28 AM   #1
vthokies
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
vthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his claws
Default This was sad news today

She was a huge gamecock football fan (loved Connor Shaw always wore his jersey) and has a younger sister. My girlfriend is in Phi Mu and knew her, I had met her a few times. RIP...

SUMTER, SC - Authorities say a Sumter woman has died in an early morning boating wreck on Lake Marion.

Clarendon County Deputy Coroner Charles Jackson told The Sumter Item that Hailey Bordeaux was on an idling boat with her boyfriend and another couple around 12:30 a.m. Friday when it was hit by another boat speeding through the area.

Jackson says Bordeaux, age 21, died a short time later at the hospital. Bordeaux was a teacher at USC Children's Center in Columbia, according to her Facebook page.

She had studied Early Childhood Education at University of South Carolina, where she was a Phi Mu. She was a graduate of Sumter High School.

There was no word of injuries for the other people involved in the crash.

The Department of Natural Resources is investigating the wreck. No charges have been filed.
vthokies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:33 AM   #2
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: This was sad news today

Quote:
Originally Posted by vthokies View Post
She was a huge gamecock football fan (loved Connor Shaw always wore his jersey) and has a younger sister. My girlfriend is in Phi Mu and knew her, I had met her a few times. RIP...

SUMTER, SC - Authorities say a Sumter woman has died in an early morning boating wreck on Lake Marion.

Clarendon County Deputy Coroner Charles Jackson told The Sumter Item that Hailey Bordeaux was on an idling boat with her boyfriend and another couple around 12:30 a.m. Friday when it was hit by another boat speeding through the area.

Jackson says Bordeaux, age 21, died a short time later at the hospital. Bordeaux was a teacher at USC Children's Center in Columbia, according to her Facebook page.

She had studied Early Childhood Education at University of South Carolina, where she was a Phi Mu. She was a graduate of Sumter High School.

There was no word of injuries for the other people involved in the crash.

The Department of Natural Resources is investigating the wreck. No charges have been filed.
This is such a tragic accident. Prayers sent to her family.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:48 AM   #3
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Very sorry to hear
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #4
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Prayers to her family. Very sad.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #5
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material

I bet drinking was involved.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

I was on Lake Wylie yesterday and if Marion was anything like Wylie, it was insane. Too many inexperienced boaters with more HP than IQ. RIP Hailey.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
cocksfan4ever
Cock of the Lake

Male

CockyCash: 4311755
cocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot material

I live at lake Marion and refuse to be out there on big holiday weekends. It's just crazy out there.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #8
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Prayers sent
Old 07-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #9
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Prayers sent.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #10
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUniversityofSC View Post
I bet drinking was involved.
Yea because drinking has to be the cause of everything ?

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #11
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
Yea because drinking has to be the cause of everything ?

Everything? No. But alcohol is the common denominator in an overwhelming number of boating accidents.

Only a fool speaks in universals.

Speaking of which- brb gonna go read one of your anti-marijuana posts, for consistency and all
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #12
cocksfan4ever
Cock of the Lake

Male

CockyCash: 4311755
cocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot material

Pretty sure I read that DNR said alcohol was present, but not a factor in the accident.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #13
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Why is it social acceptable to drink and drive a boat? With the fatigue that comes from captaining a boat any alcohol can present a problem. .08 on a boat is way worse than .08 in a car.

But back to topic hate to hear that. Prayers. Rip
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:13 PM   #14
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
I was on Lake Wylie yesterday and if Marion was anything like Wylie, it was insane. Too many inexperienced boaters with more HP than IQ. RIP Hailey.
This is true. I was on Lake Wateree yesterday and saw some idiots. Lived on Lake Marion as a teenager and have seen these accidents before. Carelessness is usually the culprit...

Thoughts are with all involved.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:58 PM   #15
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Such a sad story. Too young. Prayers to her family and friends.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #16
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Why is it social acceptable to drink and drive a boat? With the fatigue that comes from captaining a boat any alcohol can present a problem. .08 on a boat is way worse than .08 in a car.

But back to topic hate to hear that. Prayers. Rip
Because there aren't lanes to stay in, signs and lights to abide, and it is just a different world altogether on water than land. The only other obstacles you can hit on water are other boats and land/debris...reduces the chance of an accident.

You also aren't always "driving" a boat whenever you are in it...like you would be in a car. Sometimes you are sitting still, relaxing, fishing, taking photos, diving/swmming, etc.

Yeah, the waters do get busy on holidays...but it's not like the Daytona 500 out there. Again, I am usually on larger bodies of water (don't do lakes really) but I rarely see issues with crowding. The stupid boaters are usually those on jet skis.

This accident occurred at 12:30am I see. I am sure one of the boats wasn't operating their lighting correctly...it is near impossible to see without that.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #17
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Because there aren't lanes to stay in, signs and lights to abide, and it is just a different world altogether on water than land. The only other obstacles you can hit on water are other boats and land/debris...reduces the chance of an accident.

You also aren't always "driving" a boat whenever you are in it...like you would be in a car. Sometimes you are sitting still, relaxing, fishing, taking photos, diving/swmming, etc.

Yeah, the waters do get busy on holidays...but it's not like the Daytona 500 out there. Again, I am usually on larger bodies of water (don't do lakes really) but I rarely see issues with crowding. The stupid boaters are usually those on jet skis.

This accident occurred at 12:30am I see. I am sure one of the boats wasn't operating their lighting correctly...it is near impossible to see without that.
I am sure lights weren't used correctly. Also I agree jet skis and those little sea doo personal jet boat things are the biggest asshole on the water. I was just asking. I drink on boat but not if I'm operating it
Old 07-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #18
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I am sure lights weren't used correctly. Also I agree jet skis and those little sea doo personal jet boat things are the biggest asshole on the water. I was just asking. I drink on boat but not if I'm operating it
Yeah I am not condoning that the captain be the shittiest person on the boat when it comes to drinking...but a few beers or light buzz isn't going to affect the ability to maneuver a boat in open water. You just have to be responsible. A grown man with a buzz is going to make different decisions than a 21 year old with a buzz...know what I mean?

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #19
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Yeah I am not condoning that the captain be the shittiest person on the boat when it comes to drinking...but a few beers or light buzz isn't going to affect the ability to maneuver a boat in open water. You just have to be responsible. A grown man with a buzz is going to make different decisions than a 21 year old with a buzz...know what I mean?
definitely.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #20
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

We had many mutual friends. No one had an ill word to speak about her. Such a tragedy.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote