CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
JerseyBird
bcolinc
The Yancey
kingofnerf
Latti
Regalcock
B-G
Travelin
Gamecocks1137
2014 Subway Classic: (1414)
Former Gamecock root (816)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Props to Eric Hyman. (637)
Four USC Basketball (552)
Franks boy's are pla (512)
Bowl packages (319)
5 apps to turn your (306)
My early Monday dinn (266)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (189)
Question for those who ha
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Kentucky is dominating UC
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
So, why is next year goin
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Franks boy's are playing
2015 Commitment - Quandes

Old 07-07-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Pink Floyd to release new music!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/07/showbi...html?c=showbiz
Old 07-07-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.
Default Re: Pink Floyd to release new music!

They are still living?

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #3
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Not Richard Wright, but the rest of them, yes.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:06 PM   #4
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I'm of mixed emotions, it's new stuff, but it's more a b-sides release of the stuff not good enough to make The Division Bell. I'd love to see Gilmore and Waters collaborate just one more time.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #5
Dietz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
Dietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot material

I am a huge fan, but I just have my doubts it will be worth a listen. No Wright, no Waters, I've never been able to truly enjoy a Gilmore fronted PF.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #6
Roosterdog
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

I've heard it's a bunch of throwaway stuff from their last sessions together. Smells like contract fulfillment if you ask me. Besides, it's not PF unless it's Gilmour and Waters participating equally.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
gamecockguy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post
Besides, it's not PF unless it's Gilmour and Waters participating equally.
Well thats not very accurate considering it only happened on a handful of songs.

Although they were Pink Floyd's best.
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #8
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1007834
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I thought Momentary Lapse of Reason and Division Bell were pretty solid albums. But not as good as the Meddle to Wall group.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #9
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
I thought Momentary Lapse of Reason and Division Bell were pretty solid albums. But not as good as the Meddle to Wall group.
I have to agree. Had Meddle early and everything up to The Wall was phenomenal. Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell were remarkable but lacked a certain je na c'est qua (sp?).
Old 07-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #10
gamecockguy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
I have to agree. Had Meddle early and everything up to The Wall was phenomenal. Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell were remarkable but lacked a certain je na c'est qua (sp?).
Lyrics. Gilmour was able to continue the great Pink Floyd sound, but the lyrics were lacking and you could see where Waters' value to the band was.

And after listening to High Hopes I just noticed that the words to close out the last chorus are "the endless river", which is the alleged name of the new album
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote