CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
black_magic85
BlueHerons
rolinb1
trapper82
BiscoCocky
Chill98
Aggie96
Gamecocks1137
StormOfTalons
Spurrier: Davis May (3295)
TAMU Starting CB Out (2751)
Clemson RB Out for Y (1892)
Clowney possibly hur (1335)
Your SEC Standings P (1320)
an apology (1228)
Our players and the (966)
Clowney leaves pract (638)
This helmit is aweso (569)
Wow, listening to WC (471)
Devonte Holloman Retiring
Your SEC Standings Predic
texags
2014-15 Premier League se
Aggie looking forward to
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
TAMU Starting CB Out For
New Sign at Williams Bric
Connor Shaw Browns
Official SEC Network and

Old 07-08-2014, 12:59 AM   #1
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material
Default 2016 - Collin Hill

http://preps.goupstate.com/news/arti...enty-to-prove/

"Collin Hill hasnít thrown a game-winning touchdown pass.

In fact, the Dorman rising junior quarterback has yet to make a varsity start.

That hasnít had much of an effect on college coaches, though.

Hillís 6-foot-5, 210-pound frame, coupled with his strong showing during the summer, has several Division I schools more than interested. Heís already set up to visit camps at South Carolina, Georgia and Stanford. He said the attention has been nice, but thereís plenty to prove before getting excited."

This guy was in my youth group in Spartanburg. Comes from a great family, is as solid a person as you could hope for and has NFL type potential. He is a bit of a late bloomer. He wasn't 6'5" in 9th grade. I was in his ear about the Gamecocks when he was in 7th grade. Hopefully he listened.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:02 AM   #2
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: -2016-Collin Hill

Oh, and his family are big Michigan fans. Hopefully they don't offer. They've had their fair share of pro size/arm strength quarterbacks.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:09 AM   #3
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_gamecock View Post
http://preps.goupstate.com/news/arti...enty-to-prove/

"Collin Hill hasnít thrown a game-winning touchdown pass.

In fact, the Dorman rising junior quarterback has yet to make a varsity start.

That hasnít had much of an effect on college coaches, though.

Hillís 6-foot-5, 210-pound frame, coupled with his strong showing during the summer, has several Division I schools more than interested. Heís already set up to visit camps at South Carolina, Georgia and Stanford. He said the attention has been nice, but thereís plenty to prove before getting excited."

This guy was in my youth group in Spartanburg. Comes from a great family, is as solid a person as you could hope for and has NFL type potential. He is a bit of a late bloomer. He wasn't 6'5" in 9th grade. I was in his ear about the Gamecocks when he was in 7th grade. Hopefully he listened.
I appreciate your posts....but I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that he has NFL type potential if he hasn't started a high school game yet.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:17 AM   #4
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

His sister went to USC with me.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:35 AM   #5
StormOfTalons
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
StormOfTalons is crowing loudlyStormOfTalons is crowing loudlyStormOfTalons is crowing loudlyStormOfTalons is crowing loudlyStormOfTalons is crowing loudlyStormOfTalons is crowing loudlyStormOfTalons is crowing loudlyStormOfTalons is crowing loudlyStormOfTalons is crowing loudlyStormOfTalons is crowing loudlyStormOfTalons is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I appreciate your posts....but I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that he has NFL type potential if he hasn't started a high school game yet.
Maybe he has a crystal ball.
StormOfTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:32 AM   #6
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
Maybe he has a crystal ball.
He certainly has the size but that's only the starting point.....I wish him luck and hope he does well.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:07 AM   #7
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
When I say potential I mean he has the size and the arm strength. Of course lots of other intangibles play into being a great quarterback, but most guys have to have the size and the arm at least (there are some exceptions). In terms of attitude I assure you his is as good as it gets. We will see how he does this year.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:44 PM   #8
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2016 - Collin Hill

Guy has the size, but I want to see how he does against varsity competition before we start saying he is the can't miss guy of the class.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote