CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
aftertwobowls
SR4-AJ1
803scdantes
Cockypantherfan
PageUSC
roosterdude21
The Yancey
LegalCock
B-G
The Vent and Coachin (5577)
Disturbing comments (2520)
does anybody think w (2096)
2015 schedule is bru (1529)
UF lets Durkin go (1418)
2015 Early Enrollees (1168)
The U ends apparel d (555)
Bobo to Colorado St? (552)
Women's bb result - (383)
Keeping it all in pe (290)
The Vent and Coaching cha
**USC Women vs. Hampton G
2015 Signee - Marquavius
SOS...a day late & do
2015 Early Enrollees Thre
Bo Pelini headed to Young
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Ulric Jones
Brad Lawing USC / Florida
2015 Commitment - Ernest

Old 08-16-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Dollar Shave Club

Is anyone a member? Good and bad experiences for anyone?

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:18 AM   #2
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dollar Shave Club

800razors.com is better by far. Razor quality for Dollar Shave Club sucks.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

I wouldn't say their razors suck as much as I would say they are inconsistent. Some packs would have all very good razors. Some would have 1 or 2 that felt like it was ripping a whole in my face. I gave it about six months and realized I was throwing away about a 1/4 of the ones they sent me after one use. Cancelled last month.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #4
jayceecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

Want to save money on shaving?

Try the Dorco Pace 4 Razor System.

17.99 for the Value Pack (10 blades-1 handle = 1.80/blade)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EOB3P5S/...ustomerReviews

22.99 for the 16 pack refill (1.44 /blade)

One guy commented this is the same razor you get if you subscribe to the Dollar Save Club 4X pkg.

Personally, I can't tell the difference from Gillette. Its no better or worse. Reviews are favorable.
jayceecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #5
F-16 Cock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
F-16 Cock has earned his spursF-16 Cock has earned his spursF-16 Cock has earned his spursF-16 Cock has earned his spursF-16 Cock has earned his spursF-16 Cock has earned his spurs

I got tired of spending large amounts of money on multiple blade replacements, so I decided to get a safety razor, or double sided razor. The brand is Merkur and the blades are Wilkinson. A pack of five blades costs a dollar fifty, and you get around six shaves per blade. I also have less irritation with the single blade vs a multiple blade. If it was good for my dad's generation, it's good enough for me too!
F-16 Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #6
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post
Want to save money on shaving?

Try the Dorco Pace 4 Razor System.

17.99 for the Value Pack (10 blades-1 handle = 1.80/blade)

22.99 for the 16 pack refill (1.44 /blade)

One guy commented this is the same razor you get if you subscribe to the Dollar Save Club 4X pkg.

Personally, I can't tell the difference from Gillette. Its no better or worse. Reviews are favorable.
This is what you need to do.

I was in Harry's (like Dollar Shave) and liked it at first, but then noticed the quality of the razors weren't so great after long term use. Not worth it.

I was going to try back with Dollar Shave on the triple blade (I think they work better than a 5, honestly) but saw that Dorco supplied them.

I got 50 blades plus the handle for $42 shipped from Dorco. I bought two 6 packs (4 blades per pack) and a handle (comes with 2 blades). That is .84 cents per blade.

Look for promo codes, I used "REVOLUTION" for 15% off their already cheap prices. So far, the blades have been awesome...as good or better than Mach3 easily.

Note: I am a heavy shaver. I get a 5 o'clock shadow at noon.

Last edited by ColaCock; 08-17-2014 at 03:16 PM.
ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #7
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 104363
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-16 Cock View Post
I got tired of spending large amounts of money on multiple blade replacements, so I decided to get a safety razor, or double sided razor. The brand is Merkur and the blades are Wilkinson. A pack of five blades costs a dollar fifty, and you get around six shaves per blade. I also have less irritation with the single blade vs a multiple blade. If it was good for my dad's generation, it's good enough for me too!
this is what I did, so far so good. Equal time, effort, comfort and quality to shaving with a cartridge razor at a fraction of the cost... I don't get 6 shaves per blade, more like 4-5, but it's still not even close to the same cost...
Old 08-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #8
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Dorco 15% off any order through August 31st. Code below:

Q3FE1093Q

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #9
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I did Dollar Shave club for 2 months... Did the executive plan($9.99/Month)... It just wasn't that good of a shave..
Old 08-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #10
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
RoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-16 Cock View Post
Switched to wet shaving about three months ago after a near-lifetime of endless irritation from the standard disposable razors.

You couldn't pay me to go back. Safety razors and a puck of shave soap are absolutely the way to go.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote