CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
Regalcock
U-Dub Gamecock
PosiVibeWarrior
kabercr2
kingofnerf
Spurticus
CoverTwo
Gamecocks1137
purebredcock
**USC vs. South Alab (17328)
Drew Owens missing? (1793)
Clemson (1480)
Question about after (1174)
Awful Shooting Conti (948)
Gamecock Men Have Be (783)
Dylan Thompson surpa (756)
Prayers needed!!! (419)
How about this scena (405)
FishFry 47-yarder (395)
Shaq Roland
Muschamp
Dylan Thompson surpasses
Should UNC get death pena
Womens Soccer NCAA Tourna
Could Pharoh Run the O Li
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Mason Rudolph starting fo
Clemson
FishFry 47-yarder

Old 08-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
jtm12180
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
jtm12180 has hatched from the shell
Default Question about renewing (not renewing)

Hey guys, question for the GC veterans. I may not be able to renew this year. I thought this year we may be able to get season tickets, so I upped to the century level, and looking at my account, I am now obligated to donate atleast to that level, as the Roost level is blacked out.

I don't think I'm going to be able to afford the Century level this coming year, as we are trying to start a family and not likely to be able to do season tickets in 2015. My question is will I lose all of the points I've accumulated, or can I continue building on what I have in later years?

Thank you!
jtm12180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Question about renewing (not renewing)

You will lose them and start over.

It's not fair but that's how it works.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:46 PM   #3
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110363
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
You will lose them and start over.

It's not fair but that's how it works.

Man... I'm slow to criticize the program/ath. dept., but thats pretty sheisty...
Old 08-17-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
highstick
Recruit

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

You're not accumulating many points at the Century level anyway...
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

I've got friends that moved or had other conflicts and would get the tickets and sell them each year until their circumstances changed. If you can't afford a century club donation, please don't try starting a family.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #6
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Make it a business. Find some friends that want to buy some tickets. Theres a few tickets in the pack that you can make money. Georgia for sure. Two tickets for UGA can net you almost half your season ticket cost.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:11 AM   #7
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material

If you do the 10 month payment plan on your tickets they toss your next years dues into the total. That would keep you from having to pay it all at once. It would also give a another monthly bill which may not be the best thing if you're trying to start a family. Maybe try selling all your unused condoms. You won't be needing them for a while.
YouCanNeverTell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:47 AM   #8
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

You can drop back down to roost, just call the GCC. I liked the GCC old website we had with hyman better.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #9
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I'm on the 10 month payment plan, but I think it's too late to do that for this year. If you're just roost/century level and haven't bought season tickets before, I wouldn't be worried about losing points.

As someone mentioned, the 10 month plan includes your next year GCC membership. Being century level plus a pair of season tickets is like $120/month (for me).
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:00 AM   #10
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

My understanding is that the points are not that important anymore. If you can afford it, go up donation levels later and it won't matter.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #11
eggroll
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50000
eggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
My understanding is that the points are not that important anymore. If you can afford it, go up donation levels later and it won't matter.
Points determine when you pick and the resulting quality of seats right? Also, points do determine when you get championship, playoff, and/or tournament tickets.
eggroll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #12
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

points determine priority within giving level, nothing has changed in that respect as far as I know.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #13
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure you won't lose any points just by dropping down a giving level, as long as you are still paying dues of some kind
Old 08-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #14
jesse james
4-Star

Male

jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
points determine priority within giving level, nothing has changed in that respect as far as I know.
Yes, under the current process, points determine priority within giving level for buying season tickets - so, to clarify, nothing has changed in that respect this year. But the current process is the result of a change implemented by Hyman a few years back that still causes a good bit of confusion. Prior to that, it was strictly a points-based system without regard to your giving level that rewarded years of continous giving and accumulated contributions over the long haul.

Hyman reduced the number of points awarded for years of consecutive giving and redefined the points system to apply priority only within giving levels . . . so under the new/current system a first time Silver Spur donor who gives $3300 this year and has 33 points (1 point per $100 contribution) can jump to the front of the priority line when selecting foootball seats - ahead of all of the Full Scholarship donors who have been giving $1500 a year for 25+ years with 500+ points (ok, yes, I'm still pretty ill about that ).

In fairness, the "new" system does still allow those of us who have been buying tickets for all those years to retain our seats, so it only becomes an issue if you're wanting to move/improve your seats. However, priority for post-season tickets and parking is still (supposedly) done on a strict total points basis without regard to giving level . . .
jesse james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #15
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse james View Post
Yes, under the current process, points determine priority within giving level for buying season tickets - so, to clarify, nothing has changed in that respect this year. But the current process is the result of a change implemented by Hyman a few years back that still causes a good bit of confusion. Prior to that, it was strictly a points-based system without regard to your giving level that rewarded years of continous giving and accumulated contributions over the long haul.

Hyman reduced the number of points awarded for years of consecutive giving and redefined the points system to apply priority only within giving levels . . . so under the new/current system a first time Silver Spur donor who gives $3300 this year and has 33 points (1 point per $100 contribution) can jump to the front of the priority line when selecting foootball seats - ahead of all of the Full Scholarship donors who have been giving $1500 a year for 25+ years with 500+ points (ok, yes, I'm still pretty ill about that ).

In fairness, the "new" system does still allow those of us who have been buying tickets for all those years to retain our seats, so it only becomes an issue if you're wanting to move/improve your seats. However, priority for post-season tickets and parking is still (supposedly) done on a strict total points basis without regard to giving level . . .
Correct. The re structure, along with the seat fee, was designed to allow people who were new gamecock club members to have a chance to get in on season tickets (and to make more money).
While it seems unfair that grandpa has to give up some of the 8 seats he's had for twenty years, it would suck more for new member to have to pay years of dues before they would even have a chance to talk about getting tickets.
YouCanNeverTell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:01 PM   #16
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Yeah, the current system was approved in 2006.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:32 PM   #17
jesse james
4-Star

Male

jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell View Post
Correct. The re structure, along with the seat fee, was designed to allow people who were new gamecock club members to have a chance to get in on season tickets (and to make more money).
While it seems unfair that grandpa has to give up some of the 8 seats he's had for twenty years, it would suck more for new member to have to pay years of dues before they would even have a chance to talk about getting tickets.

Haha, not a grandpa yet - and not picking an argument here either, but just to clarify - it's never really been about not being able to get tickets. In fact, my son joined at the "Roost" level ($55) last year and was able to get two season tickets in the lower south end zone (GC has riasd the minium contribution to have access tyo football tickets to $100). It's really just about giving the high-dollar donor access to the "better" seats - and I get that, but I think Hyman's seating license fee would have taken care of that without compromising the points system.

Anyway, water under the bridge now, I just gave the history to try to explain why there is still so much confusion about whether, how and when the points matter.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:39 PM   #18
jesse james
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Yeah, the current system was approved in 2006.
LOL . . . I guess I am getting old. I had no idea it had been that long.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:44 PM   #19
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Points don't really matter as much as they used to.

Now, it is all about giving level.

I could give at Century for 20 years under our current plan...and someone come in at Half Scholly as a first year would get priority over me in every way.

However...someone correct me...but I don't think you lose points by moving up/down levels. Those are just based on consecutive giving years, points per $ given, and ticket purchases.

My plan (since I live further away) has always been to give every year and buy the single game tickets that I can so I rack up points and consecutive giving. One day when life allows it, I will jump up to Full Scholly and get season tickets and use my points to boost me up within that level...then fly to Columbia from Tampa each Friday.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:45 PM   #20
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Yeah, well seasons go bye a whole lot faster than they used. Thankfully!