CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
GamecockSuperFan
cocks are us
robgusc76
El Cid Ranger
A. Pilgrim
taylorssc
jellafever
Ericvol2096
johnnyb
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2350)
Jimbo Fisher Blames (998)
Ole Miss Fan's Milk- (879)
Herbstreit on " (859)
Little know stat (We (829)
SEC QB's in the Red (821)
Gamecockology Helms (792)
2013 Georgia vs. 201 (663)
Gif Sharing Time!!!! (459)
Where do you like to (379)
SEC QB's in the Red Zone
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Herbstreit on "SEC B
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTING
Where do you like to sit
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Tennessee - South Carolin
Ole Miss Fan's Milk-Smash
MY 7 STEP PROGRAM TO FIX

Old 08-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #1
Agcentric
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Agcentric has hatched from the shell
Default Carolina Tailgating

Good evening!

I hope all is well with you fine people.

Id like some recommendations for tailgating. Our group plans on getting to your public parking bright and early on Thursday and would like some direction as to the best lots. I've heard Carolina Riggings from a LSU coworker but if you guys have better advice I'm all ears.

Also, where are the best spots to buy tailgating equipment and booze/food? Since we are flying, I'll most likely leave our equipment with a USC fan that wants it.

Looking forward to seeing all of USC soon!

AB
Agcentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:03 AM   #2
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material
Default Re: Carolina Tailgating

You can park beside me if you're planning on leave me some goodies lol.

I park at Shuman-Owens Supply Company. They have a big wood shed that you can tailgate under. It beats having to fool with a canopy. It's not too far from the stadium.
YouCanNeverTell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:08 AM   #3
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agcentric View Post
Good evening!

I hope all is well with you fine people.

Id like some recommendations for tailgating. Our group plans on getting to your public parking bright and early on Thursday and would like some direction as to the best lots. I've heard Carolina Riggings from a LSU coworker but if you guys have better advice I'm all ears.

Also, where are the best spots to buy tailgating equipment and booze/food? Since we are flying, I'll most likely leave our equipment with a USC fan that wants it.

Looking forward to seeing all of USC soon!

AB

I believe you can buy a parking pass for one game at the fairgrounds, If not i'd go pay about $25 and park right around the stadium near bluff road (jacos is close and a good spot). Tailgating equipment-walmart in west columbia is about 10-15 minutes away. Hope ya'll have a good time and a safe trip, Columbia during football season is so much fun and you can meet alot of nice people who will party and tailgate all day with you. I live about 5 minutes from the stadium so feel free to drop any unwanted supplies off at the house
Old 08-18-2014, 12:09 AM   #4
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell View Post
You can park beside me if you're planning on leave me some goodies lol.

I park at Shuman-Owens Supply Company. They have a big wood shed that you can tailgate under. It beats having to fool with a canopy. It's not too far from the stadium.
Lots of Aggies will back there.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:09 AM   #5
Agcentric
Walk On

Male

Thanks a bunch. We are getting in on Tuesday to get a couple days of Vista/Five Points before the game.

See you soon.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:16 AM   #6
USC62
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1003248
USC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot materialUSC62 is USC mascot material

Sounds like nice people. Not short of change either.

“I don't know how it feels losing to Clemson and I'm not going to know how it feels,” Clowney said. “Because we ain't losing to them as long as I'm here.”
USC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:41 AM   #7
dixiecock
Walk On

dixiecock is learning to peck

I'll have 4 Aggies at my tailgate in the fairgrounds across from the Stadium. Bring your food and drinks and you are welcome to join us, we will be setup at 1, green section row 1. We have chairs, sofa, tents, fan, music, grill etc. Look for the Moultrie flag that says LIBERTY.
dixiecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:22 AM   #8
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

The fairgrounds used to always open 4 hours before any game. If you are going to stay there and want to tailgate longer, you may want alternate solutions.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #9
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

They are typically open 6 hours before a game now.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #10
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Fairgrounds open 5 hours prior to kickoff but not before 8 a.m. and the Farmers Market opens 6 hours prior to kickoff.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #11
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

I'll be in the University House parking area (about 100 yards or so from the stadium). I have an extra parking space and wristbands to get up to 12 people in. However I will be coming in from out of town and won't be there myself until around 5pm (an hour before the game).

However you're welcome to use the extra parking space we have...unless you want to get in early - which is understandable. Wish I could but I'm getting my 14 year old out of school early and leaving work early as well to make the trip from the mountains to the game.

(Priorities you know...)
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #12
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiecock View Post
I'll have 4 Aggies at my tailgate in the fairgrounds across from the Stadium. Bring your food and drinks and you are welcome to join us, we will be setup at 1, green section row 1. We have chairs, sofa, tents, fan, music, grill etc. Look for the Moultrie flag that says LIBERTY.
Sofa? How do you tailgate with a sofa? That's some serious tailgating.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #13
Agcentric
Walk On

Male

Thanks for all the heads up and offers. I will look through and see what fits us best. There will be 30-40 of us (and a rowdy crowd at that) so I need to weigh the areas and opening times to see what makes the most sense from a logistics standpoint.

You guys have been great.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:26 PM   #14
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agcentric View Post
Thanks for all the heads up and offers. I will look through and see what fits us best. There will be 30-40 of us (and a rowdy crowd at that) so I need to weigh the areas and opening times to see what makes the most sense from a logistics standpoint.

You guys have been great.

Gotta LOVE college football. That SOUNDS like a fun trip. Safe travels and wishes for good times during your stay in Columbia. I DO hope that the trip back to College Station or Texas in general is also a safe (ALBEIT VERY LONG ONE) trip after the loss to our beloved Gamecocks.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:18 PM   #15
splinters
Recruit

Male

splinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervoussplinters is making other chickens nervous

I am coming in from Houston ( class of '96 ) with 2 Aggies. We are staying at marriott downtown.

Should we take a shuttle to Williams Brice or drive? IF shuttle where do we get on? Probably headed to stadium right after lunch...If we drive where can we park?

Should we go to Farmers market or Fairgrounds for tailgaiting ?

thanks, Matt
splinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #16
tsb44
4-Star

Male

tsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowilliam4 View Post
I believe you can buy a parking pass for one game at the fairgrounds, If not i'd go pay about $25 and park right around the stadium near bluff road (jacos is close and a good spot). Tailgating equipment-walmart in west columbia is about 10-15 minutes away. Hope ya'll have a good time and a safe trip, Columbia during football season is so much fun and you can meet alot of nice people who will party and tailgate all day with you. I live about 5 minutes from the stadium so feel free to drop any unwanted supplies off at the house
You're too young
Old 08-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #17
TakeEM
Recruit

Male

TakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his clawsTakeEM is sharpening his claws

Get your booz from Greens. They have the best selection and prices for beer and liquor.

Lunch: Grouchos, Andy's Deli, CocknBull, Publik House, Rock a ways
Bars: Flying Saucer, World of Beer
Dinner: Liberty Tap Room, Hunter Gather
TakeEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #18
dixiecock
Walk On

get there early and you can buy a parking pass for the fairgrounds parking
Old 08-18-2014, 08:45 PM   #19
dixiecock
Walk On

hook it up to my honda generator, 3 minutes later fully inflated cup holders and all. Put the fan on under the shade of the tent and who cares if it's August!