CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
JaxcockFL
SMOTFS86
GregoryHouse
Cockhornleghorn
doubledribble
B-G
Regalcock
JerseyBird
2014 Subway Classic: (2022)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1493)
Former Gamecock root (1388)
Franks boy's are pla (1157)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (550)
Kentucky is dominati (518)
Has the window close (458)
Chance of my lifetim (457)
Question for those w (418)
Franks boy's are playing
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Bruce!!!
Has the window closed for
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Question for those who ha
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
The Vent and Coaching cha
Decommitment from Texas A

Old 08-25-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous
Default Depth chart question

Two things stand out to me about the depth chart.

1.) Perry Orth listed as #2 QB. Is he for real? Good performance in scrimmage.

2.) True freshman Al Harris, Jr. is starting at CB. At 170 lbs (maybe) will be able to be physical enough with WR's of the league?

Source:
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sou...hart-texas-am/
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:03 PM   #2
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly
Default Depth chart question

Just looking at C Cooper, lets me know this much:

If he is a second string LB, I think the coaches have a good grip on our defense. Al Harris Jr. has a pedigree; his pops was a pro-bowler in the NFL. As far as Orth goes, he is a QB. The HBC knows what to do. Damn Thursday can't come quick enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2014, 09:14 PM   #3
Kazak
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit
Default Re: Depth chart question

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post

2.) True freshman Al Harris, Jr. is starting at CB. At 170 lbs (maybe) will be able to be physical enough with WR's of the league?

Source:
It should be clarified that Orth is listed as the CO-#2, along with Connor Mitch (in case anyone reading this thread doesn't click on the link or look at the actual depth chart.)
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post

Just looking at C Cooper, lets me know this much:

If he is a second string LB, I think the coaches have a good grip on our defense. Al Harris Jr. has a pedigree; his pops was a pro-bowler in the NFL. As far as Orth goes, he is a QB. The HBC knows what to do. Damn Thursday can't come quick enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cooper is 3rd string DE. and 3rd string BOB
Old 08-25-2014, 09:45 PM   #5
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post

Source:
Orth is still battling with Mitch. I think Spurrier and Mangus are trying to light a fire under Mitch listing it as Orth or Mitch. To answer your question though, no one knows. Neither have played so we don't know if they are any good at all.

I guess we'll find out if Harris is physical enough soon. WR screen to his side of the field would be my 1st play call if I am A&M.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:53 PM   #6
BiscoCocky
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
BiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervousBiscoCocky is making other chickens nervous

Harris was the main instigator in practice, I know that doesn't mean much but you could take it as positive so long as it doesn't lead to stupid penalties.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:03 PM   #7
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

I would guess that Harris has perfect fundamentals since his dad taught him to play. With Mitch, we need to remember that he is a freshman. A rs freshman, yes. Still a freshman, nevertheless. He improved greatly over the summer, and I expect him to continue to grow.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote